Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
Energy saver light bulbs+foot=bad day. Graffic pics [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Energy saver light bulbs+foot=bad day. Graffic pics

djom1cincy
11-21-2011, 08:37 PM
As it says below the photos are graphic! but who would think something you use in your house could cause this much pain! Be careful!

Folks, the pictures are very graphic and if you have a weak stomach, you better not open. The message is "be careful how you handle mercury lights at work and at home". This person did not fully understand the results of a simple bulb replacement procedure and paid a very painful price for it.

Mercury contamination is a very bad, especially in an open wound. Be careful always.

As I read it, it stated someone was changing a bulb that had just burn out. The bulb was still hot when they dropped it. They stepped down off the chair and stepped on glass containing liquid mercury. The mercury went into the skin causing the damage below.

As it says below the photos are graphic! but who would think something you use in your house could cause this much pain! Be careful!

Folks, the pictures are very graphic and if you have a weak stomach, you better not open. The message is "be careful how you handle mercury lights at work and at home". This person did not fully understand the results of a simple bulb replacement procedure and paid a very painful price for it.

Mercury contamination is a very bad, especially in an open wound. Be careful always.

The email stated someone was changing a energy saver bulb and dropped it while still hot. They stepped on the glass that still had liquid mercury on it penitrating the skin and causing the infection. Bad stuff right here.

http://i533.photobucket.com/albums/ee336/djom1cincy/Untitled.jpg
http://i533.photobucket.com/albums/ee336/djom1cincy/Untitled1.jpg
http://i533.photobucket.com/albums/ee336/djom1cincy/Untitled2.jpg
http://i533.photobucket.com/albums/ee336/djom1cincy/Untitled3.jpg
The last one is a vacume pump sucking dead skin and tissue off the foot.

jktruckin06
11-21-2011, 08:39 PM
goooooooo... this is the most foul thing i've seen in awhile

blown96cobra
11-21-2011, 09:55 PM
Wow that's friggin naaaassty! I bet that dude never grabs another lightbulb again

Jeff88coupe
11-21-2011, 10:53 PM
Well for one...there is no liquid mercury in a compact FLB. An mercury inhibits infection...not cause it. Anyone check this story out on snopes?

700hp04mystic
11-21-2011, 11:04 PM
thats unreal my god!!!!!

djom1cincy
11-21-2011, 11:30 PM
Well for one...there is no liquid mercury in a compact FLB. An mercury inhibits infection...not cause it. Anyone check this story out on snopes?

I work for g.e. and they make these bulbs. They had a bulletins out at the clock in computer with this story and photo. I highly doubt they would point bad press at themselves.

pegasus
11-21-2011, 11:35 PM
yummy!!!!!

djom1cincy
11-21-2011, 11:41 PM
I work for g.e. and they make these bulbs. They had a bulletins out at the clock in computer with this story and photo. I highly doubt they would point bad press at themselves.
Maybe it is a b.s. story going around. Maybe someone received the same email and printed it out laying it next to the clock in computer. What's not fake is the government guidelines for cleaning up a broken bulb in your home. Google search that and then see what you think. I bet your shocked on what you read.

BIZLE
11-21-2011, 11:51 PM
anyone ever see Mr, deeds lol lol lol

jktruckin06
11-22-2011, 07:25 AM
Doesn't the guys whole foot turn black or something?

Jeff88coupe
11-22-2011, 08:06 AM
http://www.snopes.com/medical/toxins/cfl.asp

http://web.archive.org/web/20051103092737/http://www.nema.org/lamprecycle/epafactsheet-cfl.pdf

bestracing
11-22-2011, 09:00 AM
Thats the only thinig I pulled up too Jeff

Pitbull1052
11-22-2011, 10:37 AM
K my question is I understand that it's poison and what not but it's not like he went to bed and woke up the next day like that.. so i'm calling bs unless they don't make anything that could stop the infection and that's why but I don't see that either....

cstreu1026
11-22-2011, 10:51 AM
I'm with Jeff. There is no way that was caused by the tiny amount of mercury vapor in a CFL and I am skeptical that the pictures are even real.

05yellowgt
11-22-2011, 11:28 AM
They look more the result of a debridement of a gangrenous infection. Maybe some sort of flesh eating virus, MRSA, or maybe even frost bite.

Ranger50
11-22-2011, 11:47 AM
They look more the result of a debridement of a gangrenous infection. Maybe some sort of flesh eating virus, MRSA, or maybe even frost bite.

+1, but I would be guessing necrotizing fasciitis.

furiouslyfaster
11-22-2011, 02:17 PM
Idk but that is nasty and telling me not to look at it if I have a weak stomach makes me want to look at it. I am gonna go pass out now talk to you guys when i regain consciousness lol.

fastone
11-22-2011, 02:30 PM
Looks more like a very nasty electrical burn. Entering his toe and exiting top and bottom of foot. From what I found on the web, this is not from a CFL, but no one seems to know what did cause it.

fastone
11-22-2011, 02:32 PM
Looks more like a very nasty electrical burn. Entering his toe and exiting top and bottom of foot. From what I found on the web, this is not from a CFL, but no one seems to know what did cause it.

There is about 4-6 other pictures of this foot floating around. I searched google for cfl bulbs and foot injury or pictures and got a few more pics.

blown86lx
11-23-2011, 03:21 AM
I am saying the foot is of a Russian and they are on the new krokodil drug. If you want some graphic shit look it up on youtube. Its a new drug over there and it makes the flesh and tissue rot right off down to the bone.

duststang
11-23-2011, 07:30 AM
the pictures are nasty but Im thinking BS also.

fastone
11-23-2011, 10:34 AM
I am saying the foot is of a Russian and they are on the new krokodil drug. If you want some graphic shit look it up on youtube. Its a new drug over there and it makes the flesh and tissue rot right off down to the bone.

Krokodil is a nasty drug. It would not cause this though. Krokodil kills only tissue around the injection spot as long as you missed your vein. This would take alot of misses to cause this damage.

fastone
11-23-2011, 10:35 AM
After our morning meeting at the fire house this morning I showed these pictures plus the others. We all believe this to be a nasty electrical burn or possibly lighting strike. But not from a CFL bulb.

cstreu1026
11-23-2011, 12:54 PM
After our morning meeting at the fire house this morning I showed these pictures plus the others. We all believe this to be a nasty electrical burn or possibly lighting strike. But not from a CFL bulb.

Unless the cfl was hooked up to a welder or some other high voltage source when he stepped on it. :)

fastone
11-23-2011, 01:20 PM
Unless the cfl was hooked up to a welder or some other high voltage source when he stepped on it. :)

Always got to have a smart ass in the crowd! :lol:

jktruckin06
11-23-2011, 01:22 PM
Whatever did it, I need to stay away from.

85_SS_302_Coupe
11-24-2011, 10:59 AM
I can tell you this is definitely BS, because i've cut myself from these bulbs before and my hand never rotted off. That looks more like an electrical exit burn to me.