Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
WTF - SPEED CAMERA IN HAMILTON??? [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : WTF - SPEED CAMERA IN HAMILTON???

redfirepearlgt
11-21-2011, 04:19 PM
So since when are speed camers being used in the state of Ohio? I just received a ticket in the mail from the City of Hamilton for 48 in a 35 at the 1400 Block of High Street. I was never pulled over, there was nothing indicating that remote speed cameras were in the area and set up and never saw any cop anywhere at all. Whatever happened to entrapment?? This is freaking rediculous. They have a photo of my car and the plate on the street with the speeding ticket attached to it. This is STUPID ASS FRICKING SAD!!!

I will be getting a lawyer to fight this one. I don't give damn if it costs me 5 grand. THis is freaking Big Brother at its lowest denominator.

sean
11-21-2011, 04:27 PM
I'm guessing it was the mobile unit they have been using for a while now. Believe its a van they park in different areas. why are you so mad? You were speeding and got caught.

sean
11-21-2011, 04:30 PM
I got crushed with fines and court costs and impound fees in hamilton for stupid stuff. Its hamilton. I am on my best behavior when in hamiltucky now. Lol

smytty
11-21-2011, 04:39 PM
Yep its the white Escape i bet.. I have seen it alot on 129 by Garfield

redfirepearlgt
11-21-2011, 04:43 PM
I'm guessing it was the mobile unit they have been using for a while now. Believe its a van they park in different areas. why are you so mad? You were speeding and got caught.

The big brother factor is the issue Sean. THere are notices up everywhere that stop lights have photo systems for that type of infraction, but its okay to setup a freaking unmarked remote camera van thing or whatever and entrap people for speeding. Traffic lights in Springfield, Ohio that are photo enforced are marked as such. I am in that area on regualr basis doing service work.

As far as the question, "Was I speeding?" Well to be honest I really couldbn't tell you. It was ten days ago that it took place. How do I know the camera system isn't rigged or off or out of calibration? At least when a cop pulls you over he has the proof on his radar. I have no physical proof that this is accurate and add to that the citation date is 10 days old. So there is the big beef. I mayt have been speeding, or I may hvave not been speeding. THat is very hard to tell 10 days after the fact.

redfirepearlgt
11-21-2011, 04:47 PM
I got crushed with fines and court costs and impound fees in hamilton for stupid stuff. Its hamilton. I am on my best behavior when in hamiltucky now. Lol

I never go over there. I only went to the doctor that day. In fact I am to go back but now I will cancel the appointment and reschedule when he is in his Springdale office. SCREW CITY OF HAMILTON!

Rick93coupe
11-21-2011, 05:03 PM
I'm with you, was just ranting about camera's being everywhere but most people are content because it hasn't infringed on them yet.

jktruckin06
11-21-2011, 05:21 PM
i heard something about some technicalities before. people say that they hav the right to face their accuser. hopefully you can get it taken care of one way or another.

i heard that mobile camera won't bust you until 7 mph over or more, anyone else hear that?

Whyucryn
11-21-2011, 05:22 PM
I'm with you, was just ranting about camera's being everywhere but most people are content because it hasn't infringed on them yet.

Sounds like we need to borrow Brians .50 cal and start plucking these cameras off one by one, lol. Fuck The Police!!!! Lol!!

redfirepearlgt
11-21-2011, 05:23 PM

Yip, I read that one. Its the freaking Truman Show Syndrome I call it. Ever see that movie? Its a movie about a guythat is adopted by a production studio and they create this reality show out of him with cameras everywhere.

I've been to GB where they virtually have no rights any longer, and even there they have some discrepencies about how their speed camera systems can be used. For one they were stationary and not mobile. THey can be relocatd but they weren't (at the time I was there) on wheels sitting on the side of the road in unmarked vehicles. The spots they were placed were designated as such. You knew there was a potntial for one being at a given location but you never knew if it was there or not.

Any other areas in Hamilton or Butler County where the law cracks down on traffic enforcement there are signs up. If there are in the Hamiltuck-n-fukme area I have never seen them or they are the size of a credit card.

I just cancelled my Dr's appointment with my PCP because he wants me to come to the Hamilton location. I left a message requesting appointment in his springdale office and the reason I will never visit his offices in Hamiltuck-n-fukme ever again.

redfirepearlgt
11-21-2011, 05:32 PM
i heard something about some technicalities before. people say that they hav the right to face their accuser. hopefully you can get it taken care of one way or another.

i heard that mobile camera won't bust you until 7 mph over or more, anyone else hear that?

That may be true. It stated I was 13 over 48/35zone but I honestly can't remember if I was or not. I get pulled by a cop I know I was speeding or at least have a pretty good idea. In this case I don't know honestly.

I am looking for a good traffic lawyer in the Hamilton area. Willing to pay top dollar for representation. This is war and I'd sooner give a lawyer 1000 than Hamiltuk-n-fukme the 95.00 they want for the fine. Its all about principle.

Rick93coupe
11-21-2011, 05:35 PM
Sounds like we need to borrow Brians .50 cal and start plucking these cameras off one by one, lol. Fuck The Police!!!! Lol!!

I've often thought about hoards of people rejecting the idea and taking them out. You let one guy do it and he's a lunatic.

Whyucryn
11-21-2011, 05:54 PM
^^^Thats forsure!! I'm in!! Lol

Black92LX
11-21-2011, 06:25 PM
You might want to research the term entrapment before you go to court and try to claim that.

You may want to go with the right to face your accuser sort of thing. It's worked in some states others it has not.

As for paying a lawyer over a $95 ticket. It's one thing if you were positive you were not speeding, though you already have stated you don't know.
You will lose going to court stating you don't remember vs. the city showing the photo of your vehicle, with an operator appearing to be you and a speed reading from a device that has been held up in court millions of times.

redfirepearlgt
11-21-2011, 06:31 PM
You might want to research the term entrapment before you go to court and try to claim that.

You may want to go with the right to face your accuser sort of thing. It's worked in some states others it has not.

I'm obtaining a lawyer. Not about to represent myself. Its not about the money or the 2 points. I haven't been pulled over in almost 5 years (a record for me). I am not about to just sign a plea of guilt and pay the fine simply for the convenience.

Any reccommendations on good traffic attorneys in the sity of Hamilton or that can represent in the City of Hamilton?

redfirepearlgt
11-21-2011, 06:32 PM

As for paying a lawyer over a $95 ticket. It's one thing if you were positive you were not speeding, though you already have stated you don't know.
You will lose going to court stating you don't remember vs. the city showing the photo of your vehicle, with an operator appearing to be you and a speed reading from a device that has been held up in court millions of times.

No face shot in the photo, only the back side of the car driving away.

adragon72
11-21-2011, 06:58 PM
I live in Fairfield just out side of Hamilton, there was a write up in the paper some time ago about that white suv. The company that owens it get half of the proceeds from tickets. There are signs as you enter Hamilton warning you but there about the size of a piece of note book paper.

It was 10mph over before a ticket was issued but who knows now. Some time ago they parked it out side Joyce park during one of the big soccer meets, Fairfield ended up complaining for fear of lost revenue due to visitors being unaware of the suv so hamilton agreed to not issue thoughs ticket and not park that vehicle near joyce park any more.

I pass it all the time doing 8 or so over and haven gotten a ticket yet.

Good luck fighting it!!

Paul408Notch
11-21-2011, 06:59 PM
You may want to do a google search on this. Out West, most people just ignore them. Something about no proof who was driving, and since those tickets weren't sent by certified mail, there was no proof of delivery.

redfirepearlgt
11-21-2011, 07:47 PM
You may want to do a google search on this. Out West, most people just ignore them. Something about no proof who was driving, and since those tickets weren't sent by certified mail, there was no proof of delivery.

Thanks Paul. I will look into this.

CNTLOSE
11-21-2011, 10:38 PM
If it is like other cities it is what is called a "civil citation". Which means no points only the fine. If you do not pay typically they turn it over to a bill collector or block you from renewing your plates next year. Not sure what a lawyer will charge you for this, but I bet it is more than $95. The points you brought up you can argue yourself in court. But check to see if it cost more to go to court. In the past the fine was cheaper because it did not involve the courts so you had no court costs. (It is between the city and the company responsible for for the radar vehicle.) If you go to court and are found guilty you can bet they will charge you court costs one way or another.

firestang70
11-21-2011, 10:58 PM
They will be more common with the bad economy and people now complaining about "over paid public employees". Less cops on the street and they still want to keep revenues up. You can't have your cake and eat it too. Good luck with the ticket.

denial
11-21-2011, 11:21 PM
If your willing to dish out thousands of dollars for a little $95 ticket, I'm willing to bet a ton of people here will help you out any way possible lol. I would be willing to guess that any attorney in Ohio would be willing to help you since your willing to pay that kind of cash....just say'n lol.

redfirepearlgt
11-22-2011, 06:30 AM
If it is like other cities it is what is called a "civil citation". Which means no points only the fine. If you do not pay typically they turn it over to a bill collector or block you from renewing your plates next year. Not sure what a lawyer will charge you for this, but I bet it is more than $95. The points you brought up you can argue yourself in court. But check to see if it cost more to go to court. In the past the fine was cheaper because it did not involve the courts so you had no court costs. (It is between the city and the company responsible for for the radar vehicle.) If you go to court and are found guilty you can bet they will charge you court costs one way or another.

Okay, so does it go on your record for the insurance company to see which will raise your insurance rates for 3 years? I still will seek legal council even though it will cost me more for this reason. Factor in a 200 per year increase in insurance for 3 years and you are at $695.00 bones when all is said and done. I will ask a lawyer regarding this. THank you for the input.

Mista Bone
11-22-2011, 11:33 AM
$1000 for a lawyer to get started, another $2000-3000+ if it goes to trial.

mrstang-gt-46
11-22-2011, 03:01 PM
wife got one same way,guilty no matter what. no points f%%%ed up. i live in hamilton

smytty
11-22-2011, 03:35 PM
Yeah def no reason to fight.. You can always take a picture of the money and send it in...

firestang70
11-22-2011, 05:17 PM
Insurance record goes back 5 year fyi. Ponts on your DL are for 3 years.

CNTLOSE
11-22-2011, 05:55 PM
Okay, so does it go on your record for the insurance company to see which will raise your insurance rates for 3 years? I still will seek legal council even though it will cost me more for this reason. Factor in a 200 per year increase in insurance for 3 years and you are at $695.00 bones when all is said and done. I will ask a lawyer regarding this. THank you for the input.

Unless things have changed, no it does not go on your driving record. It is basicly a civil demand notice with consequences for not paying it...so insurance companies never find out.

mustang8998
11-22-2011, 06:24 PM
I think the first SL sign you see, coming into town has the warning, about the cameras.

If you don't see an officer, can you use the "no warning sign" defense?

I believe these guys are right about the points and nothing showing on your record.

Save yourself some money and pay the fine. Thirteen over, is a little excessive to me.

Having said all that, I don't like the cameras (speed or redlight) and I would like to see them go away.

Jeff88coupe
11-22-2011, 06:46 PM
My wife Jenn got one of those tickets from Hamilton going to one of her company's customer's sites. She now keeps an eye out for the small warning signs that they do put up in the mobile camera areas in Hamilton.

redfirepearlgt
11-22-2011, 07:04 PM
$1000 for a lawyer to get started, another $2000-3000+ if it goes to trial.

Wow! You have some high browed taste in lawyers. I have spoken to law firms who will represent for 250-500 on a traffic ticket. It generally is down graded to a non-moving violation and no points so that the insurance company cant jack up your premiums and usually never goes to court.

redfirepearlgt
11-22-2011, 07:13 PM
Unless things have changed, no it does not go on your driving record. It is basicly a civil demand notice with consequences for not paying it...so insurance companies never find out.

You appear to be correct. I spoke with an attorney in Hamilton today who enlightened me on this. His assistant received one a week before I did. She has decided to appeal it for the purpose of experience. She will be arguing several points. 1.) She has no accuser to question. 2.) Her video available on the website shows no data regarding speen in the video and there is another car in front of her. Brings the other car into questions. 3.) Now knowing a second person has been sited drving a GT mustang as she does PROFILING may be a factor which again brings into question how do they know the other car wasn't speeding. I can call her to see how her case wenbt and still have time to decide what to do.

The attorney stated I would gain nothing from representation since this did not involve a standard pull over citation. Paying or arbitrating and winning result in similar points and soforth to the state which is zero and not reported. Last if a person so chooses not to pay the fee (it is not a fine) it will ping their credit score rating and be turned over to a debt collection agency. I do not know (forgot to ask) if it would stop a person from registering their vehicle being it is not reported to the state.

redfirepearlgt
11-22-2011, 07:18 PM
Insurance record goes back 5 year fyi. Ponts on your DL are for 3 years.

Mine only goes back 3 for infractions and 5 for DUI's, DSL, Wreckless Op, etc.

Blackout
11-22-2011, 07:24 PM
most is only 3 years for tickets. as far as DUI's, Wreckless Op tickets, I am not sure. But I do know that you have to get SR-22 bond and those are not cheap.

jktruckin06
11-22-2011, 07:42 PM
depends on what the insurance is for... nothing ever goes away... gotta love paper trails and modern day record keeping.

redfirepearlgt
11-22-2011, 07:54 PM
depends on what the insurance is for... nothing ever goes away... gotta love paper trails and modern day record keeping.

This is true.

beefcake
11-22-2011, 08:41 PM
it's all extorsion imo.

i got my first ticket in years on the way home from nashville in KY.

13 over.

$169.

I was like, WTF. 169 fukin dollars. that is INSANE

jktruckin06
11-22-2011, 08:45 PM
"funny" thing... 13 is the square root of 169... i wonder if 14 over would've landed you a 196 dollar ticket

Mista Bone
11-23-2011, 12:03 AM
Wow! You have some high browed taste in lawyers. I have spoken to law firms who will represent for 250-500 on a traffic ticket. It generally is down graded to a non-moving violation and no points so that the insurance company cant jack up your premiums and usually never goes to court.

6 point failure to report from getting hit by a road rager on Route 4, no so simple.

redfirepearlgt
11-23-2011, 07:09 AM
it's all extorsion imo.

i got my first ticket in years on the way home from nashville in KY.

13 over.

$169.

I was like, WTF. 169 fukin dollars. that is INSANE

In sane Beef. It's crazy. Tennessee put a hold on my plate renewal last year claiming I had an uppaid ticket/fee from 1984 on their records. I paid the ticket in cash, and was told everything was satisfied, but no way to prove it in 1984. It was so old in fact when I called the county courthouse about it, it took the clerk 2.5 hours to go down into the basement to obtain the citation. Unfortunately I had to pay Tennessee $240.00 to clear this up because I had not retained the record of payment. And no they would not let it rest because it was a "FEE" and not a citiation as it turned out. They stated had it been a citation statute of limitations would have prevailed but since it was a court cost fee there was no limitation. I had in fact paid the citation but there was some $75 court fee not paid they claimed and it acrewed interest from 1984 to 2010. How's that for pathetic? I had no choice but pay in this case and still hold the letter of payment and will do so and take it to my grave.

"funny" thing... 13 is the square root of 169... i wonder if 14 over would've landed you a 196 dollar ticket

Now that would not surprise me!

jktruckin06
11-23-2011, 07:16 AM
Dude this whole revenue enhancement all these places are doing is a joke. We pay all this road tax money when we buy fuel, pay for the police departments with our property taxes and they still can't come up with enough so instead of serving and protecting they serve us tickets. What about the city of Cincinnati going back decades collecting parking tickets. By the way I'm not bashing cops I know it's just what they're told to do. Just blows that our governments have to do these things.

sean
11-23-2011, 12:21 PM
This is a but different but I welcome the mobil camera.
The people where I live fly up and down the road here.

I'm in a neighborhood, its not a main rd or anything. I would love to have a camera on the street.

86gt40
11-23-2011, 04:10 PM
they are all over in middletown..watch out guys... you can sit at an intersection that has em, watch them go off with no one in the intersection... be carefull.

may93
11-23-2011, 04:35 PM
Obviously it has nothing to do with safety and everything to do with revenue!.

redfirepearlgt
11-23-2011, 05:54 PM
This is a but different but I welcome the mobil camera.
The people where I live fly up and down the road here.

I'm in a neighborhood, its not a main rd or anything. I would love to have a camera on the street.

We have the same problem Sean on a 25 MPH street. However I would never suggest the use of camres for this area. We have a police department that is very well paid (almost to well) and a 2.1 million dollar city hall building that we can't seem to pry them away from durinr their shifts. They need to be patrolling and earning the paycheck, serving and protecting as mentioned earlier on, not sitting in the office telling stories and having a good old time. I have nothing against good cops but we have some down right lazy ones. Sounds like you are in a similar situation. I have stopped and chatted with the Chief who just makes up excuses for why they are in the office so much of the time. I quit going up there. I am tempted next go around to run for mayor. I will fire his butt (and the rest of him as well) the first day in office and make him the example.

sean
11-23-2011, 07:32 PM
Lol. mine is also I very nice quiet neighborhood. I'm in lebanon. The thing about it is my neighborhood is a bunch of ohio state patrol and sheriffs live here. Cars in the driveways. These people are just stupid.

redfirepearlgt
11-23-2011, 07:52 PM
Lol. mine is also I very nice quiet neighborhood. I'm in lebanon. The thing about it is my neighborhood is a bunch of ohio state patrol and sheriffs live here. Cars in the driveways. These people are just stupid.

So you run for mayor of Lebanon, I'll run for mayor of Deer Park, and we will both clean up these towns, kind've like in Walking Tall but in reverse this time.:D

sean
11-23-2011, 09:10 PM
Lol. SounDs like a good plan.

Mista Bone
11-23-2011, 11:20 PM
So you run for mayor of Lebanon, I'll run for mayor of Deer Park, and we will both clean up these towns, kind've like in Walking Tall but in reverse this time.:D

Better invest in some STOP sign cameras, people are blowing through them in Deer Park.

I'm not saying I come to a full and complete stop, but the folks are going through at 10-15 mph in a 25 mph zone. Kugler Mill from Plainfield to Blue Ash.

redfirepearlgt
11-24-2011, 12:57 AM
Better invest in some STOP sign cameras, people are blowing through them in Deer Park.

I'm not saying I come to a full and complete stop, but the folks are going through at 10-15 mph in a 25 mph zone. Kugler Mill from Plainfield to Blue Ash.

Just need to get Deer park off their assets and make a presence known in the area like they once did. No need for cameras for that nonsense. Problem seems to be that we (the tax payers of Deer Park) built them a fancy lounge of an office in that 2.1 million dollar Municipal building and now they live there 24x7 except to pick up Subway and UDF coffee twice a day.

2Fast4You
11-29-2011, 08:00 AM
I am sure that you don't just have time to waist but document the shift changes, officers coming on duty and how many of them that actually leave to patrol versus when they return and etc.etc.etc. I could go on and on, I have had to document many things in my life and this would be a start. That is the only way to try to do something at this point.

redfirepearlgt
11-29-2011, 09:56 PM
I am sure that you don't just have time to waist but document the shift changes, officers coming on duty and how many of them that actually leave to patrol versus when they return and etc.etc.etc. I could go on and on, I have had to document many things in my life and this would be a start. That is the only way to try to do something at this point.

Wish I had the time. You are correct. I did try this once when I worked a third shift field service position local to Cincinnati. THe data was not detailed enough to hold water for argument but did prove to me that they sit on their 6 o'Clocks in the fancy new city hall building much more than they sit in the patrol cars patrolling, protecting, and serving between the hours of midnight and 8:00 am. I presented it to the Chief who made light of it as I figured he would.

BIGRED Z
11-30-2011, 10:41 PM
Yeah def no reason to fight.. You can always take a picture of the money and send it in...

Bwahahahahaha!! :lol:

redfirepearlgt
12-01-2011, 06:26 AM
Bwahahahahaha!! :lol:

Thats funny right there!