Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
Ohio Board of Taxation ( car title ) ????? [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Ohio Board of Taxation ( car title ) ?????

leroy93lx
11-20-2011, 08:46 PM
I got an email from the guy that bought my 90 GT a few months ago saying that he was being audited by the Ohio Board of Taxation. I signed the title and left the rest for him to fill out. He put that he paid $200 for the car! In actuality he paid $5200. We do that in Indiana all the time! So my questions for you all is , What the hell does this mean? Are these kind of audits normal? He said it is a questionaire about the purchase of the car. We don't have that stuff in Indiana , so i am curious. Just really wondering if they are going to try contacting me for this dumb shit ! Thanks

k062693w
11-20-2011, 08:59 PM
Yes they will contact you ... And your $$$ amount needs to match his or you can BOTH be in deep CaCa ...

Dirtyd0g
11-20-2011, 09:00 PM
If you weren't there for him writing the amount it doesn't involve you. If he paid you with a check and you agree to his amount you could be in trouble for falsifying a legal document. When I sell people a car I leave the line blank and tell them cash only I don't even want to know what you use for an amount. The problem is he went too low. If he went $500 they wouldn't have bothered him but he went less than scrap value so they call BS, all in all they want more tax money. I had a similar problem with a car I sold earlier this year. When I talked to them I just told them I didn't remember the exact amount and they never questioned me again. Sadly it was the truth.
Alan

leroy93lx
11-20-2011, 09:05 PM
It was all cash. I sold him a shell of a car for $200. And a shit ton of parts to go with it for $5000 :bigthumb

raisinjack
11-20-2011, 09:09 PM
I hope the tax guys dont read this thread, but seriously I got a talking to for being the seller and not filling in the sales price line.

SMOKE
11-20-2011, 09:31 PM
Whoever notorized the title could be in trouble as well I would think....

leroy93lx
11-20-2011, 09:42 PM
Indiana titles arent notarized

INSANEBA
11-20-2011, 10:38 PM
They will send you a letter, just the same as him. Fill them out with MATCHING amounts, and send em back in. You wont hear anything else about this. Trust me, my brother is gong through this all the time. He's the only man on earth that has owned two $100 corvettes LMAO!

exrider416
11-20-2011, 11:04 PM
They sent me a paper out on an srt4 i bought. After about 2 weeks I filled in the amounts and cut them a check for the amount of $638. The next day after i sent the check in, i receive another letter saying the form we sent out was never received back and to pay $342. So if i would have waited another day i could have saved $300. Then a few months go by i receive another letter saying they never received the amount of $638. The $638 was taken from my account. So i called the Tax Department and they said i had to send proof that i paid it. So i had to get a copy of the check from the bank, which was stamped on the back where the "department of taxation" received it. So make sure to keep some kind of proof that you paid them :bigthumb

BIZLE
11-20-2011, 11:51 PM
you know how the fish got caught????

he opened his mouth lol
stick to what you agreed on and everything will be fine

Stolly113
11-21-2011, 12:13 AM

he opened his mouth lol

That's funny shit!!! lol :bigthumb

myownr
11-21-2011, 09:07 PM
ky doesnt even give you a chance even if you do get a good deal. I bought my daughter a kia for $400 because it needed a lot of tlc and rebuilding. The state of ky taxed me on retail value and not what title says. It was even notorized but still no luck. Bastards got away with taxing me on $2600 instead of $400, all I could do was bend over and take it dry:eek:

mustang8998
11-22-2011, 10:31 AM
ky doesnt even give you a chance even if you do get a good deal. I bought my daughter a kia for $400 because it needed a lot of tlc and rebuilding. The state of ky taxed me on retail value and not what title says. It was even notorized but still no luck. Bastards got away with taxing me on $2600 instead of $400, all I could do was bend over and take it dry:eek:

These guys are talking about sales tax. You are talking property tax.

orangeconv
11-22-2011, 11:09 AM
Call them. Tell them what the deal was on the shell. And thats what you sold him. They tried to get me on a trade on my 03 cobra. When i traded it for a viper. I called and said it was a straight trade and she was like oh ok end of story.

orangeconv
11-22-2011, 11:11 AM

he opened his mouth lol
stick to what you agreed on and everything will be fine
The person buying is the responsible party for taxes, now if the irs chimes in you may have to explain farther

CNTLOSE
11-22-2011, 06:02 PM

You got took to the cleaners on that one. I sold my old Cherokee to a guy in KY for $900. They tried to charge him the book value of $3000. They gave him a number to have me call so that we could arange for affidavit to be signed stating that was the actual price paid. They faxed it to me, I signed it, had a notary stamp it, and faxed it back. He was then only responsible for the taxes on $900.

....they could have saved everyone some trouble if they went outside and looked at that rusted out POS.

sean
11-23-2011, 12:12 PM
In the future get a bill if sale and keep it with the title. when they want proof of what you paid send them a copy and tell them where to stick it.

bestracing
11-23-2011, 12:25 PM
You got took to the cleaners on that one. I sold my old Cherokee to a guy in KY for $900. They tried to charge him the book value of $3000. They gave him a number to have me call so that we could arange for affidavit to be signed stating that was the actual price paid. They faxed it to me, I signed it, had a notary stamp it, and faxed it back. He was then only responsible for the taxes on $900.

....they could have saved everyone some trouble if they went outside and looked at that rusted out POS.

Yup, thats they way to handle it.