Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
Great Email I Received, Common sense at its best [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Great Email I Received, Common sense at its best

leroy93lx
10-29-2011, 12:36 PM
My brother in law sent me this and I thought it was great! I agree completely with this girls ideas

This was written by a 21 yr old female who gets it. It's her future she’s worried about and this is how she feels about the social welfare big government state that she’s being forced to live in! These solutions are just common sense in her opinion.

This was in the Waco Tribune Herald, Waco , TX Nov 18, 2010

Put me in charge . . .

Put me in charge of food stamps. I'd get rid of Lone Star cards; no cash for Ding Dongs or Ho Ho's, just money for 50-pound bags of rice and beans, blocks of cheese and all the powdered milk you can haul away. If you want steak and frozen pizza, then get a job.

Put me in charge of Medicaid. The first thing I'd do is to get women Norplant birth control implants or tubal ligations. Then, we'll test recipients for drugs, alcohol, and nicotine and document all tattoos and piercings. If you want to reproduce or use drugs, alcohol, smoke or get tats and piercings, then get a job.

Put me in charge of government housing. Ever live in a military barracks? You will maintain our property in a clean and good state of repair. Your "home" will be subject to inspections anytime and possessions will be inventoried. If you want a plasma TV or Xbox 360, then get a job and your own place.

In addition, you will either present a check stub from a job each week or you will report to a "government" job. It may be cleaning the roadways of trash, painting and repairing public housing, whatever we find for you. We will sell your 22 inch rims and low profile tires and your blasting stereo and speakers and put that money toward the “common good..”

Before you write that I've violated someone's rights, realize that all of the above is voluntary. If you want our money, accept our rules.. Before you say that this would be "demeaning" and ruin their "self esteem," consider that it wasn't that long ago that taking someone else's money for doing absolutely nothing was demeaning and lowered self esteem.

If we are expected to pay for other people's mistakes we should at least attempt to make them learn from their bad choices. The current system rewards them for continuing to make bad choices.

AND While you are on Gov’t subsistence, you no longer can VOTE! Yes that is correct. For you to vote would be a conflict of interest. You will voluntarily remove yourself from voting while you are receiving a Gov’t welfare check. If you want to vote, then get a job.

jktruckin06
10-29-2011, 12:40 PM
she's got a vote here

draggin50
10-29-2011, 05:11 PM
She's got mine too!!! Wouldn't that be great!

adragon72
10-29-2011, 05:44 PM
That just makes to much dam since !!!

heyitsmepugsley
10-29-2011, 05:45 PM
now were on to something.

Dirtyd0g
10-29-2011, 05:55 PM
I love the thought process except for the common overlooked fact...There are not enough jobs for all Americans. I know of over qualified people desperate for work that got turned down at McDonalds. If I myself went to get a job in my field I would have to travel a couple hours a day forcing me to spend more on fuel and cars than if I got a minimum wage job locally. Especially with fuel ranging from $3-$4 per gallon. I know I am not the only one in that position I just found a different way to deal with it. I do whatever it takes to make money to survive. From Brake jobs to torque converters and almost everything in between.

The days of selecting what work I wanted and only taking that in are over. When I was full time employed I only worked on what I wanted to work on, when I wanted to work on it. Now I spend 90+ hours per week in the shop doing whatever work I can get. If more people took my approach then we would have less welfare recipients. Too many people are raised with their life goal of milking the system for all it is worth.

My cousing makes about twice as much as me strictly from benefits. I don't believe anything is wrong with her back I think it is an excuse. Why do I say that? Because all she talks about is her and her husband getting it on. If her back is well enough to screw then it is well enough to work some sort of job. She has 4 girls and every one of them knows all the tricks of the welfare system so they get goverment paid apartments, food stamps, cash, medical, etc....everything you can imagine. And nothing is wrong with any of them.

They are just lazy. If I don't have any money I sell something, ask people for work and do it or just plain do without. I recently saw her oldest complaining on facebook about spending 4 hours at the welfare office and it wasn't fair. She got mad at me for telling her if she didn't like it get a job....needless to say I am not their favorite person.

The government needs to spend the money making jobs for people instead of supporting them. The current president has failed terribly at that, hopefully our next will be a little wiser in the ways of the economy, but I really think most of this has more to do with the congress than the actual president. Our congress is a disgrace and I blame them for more of what happens than the puppet...er I mean president. When Congress has to abide by the same rules and regulations as the rest of Americans it will change.

Alan

mad max
10-29-2011, 06:39 PM
I agree with allen. We need to get congress in check . Until then nothing will change.

Mista Bone
10-29-2011, 08:14 PM
People can make fun of me all they want for living back at home. I only expected it to be a few months, not 5+ years. Besides I do 90% of the yard work and other chores to help out mom who is in her 70's.

Then again other than the 26 weeks unemployment I got and $50 from a friend, I got no other help. I could have gotten foodstamps and free medical, I didn't need it, I found a way to survive.

Dirtyd0g
10-29-2011, 09:10 PM
I only got 26 weeks as well. I spent that time trying to set up the shop to make a living here.
A friend of mine got 3 years and threw a big fit when they finally cut it off....crybaby
Alan

Mista Bone
10-29-2011, 09:27 PM
twenty years with two different companies, I only drew a total of 32 weeks. Some people I know (road crews) draw 12-16 weeks a year.

turbo
10-29-2011, 10:13 PM
I agree with most fo the things she had said, but there are a few things I would change.

The welfare system does need to be revamped, but giving people jobs wont make them work (It might make them show up, but they may not do anything while they are there)

I think that if you are planning on going on welfare, that instead of supplying jobs, for the people that are able to meet the qualifications, they should be run through boot camp, and a variation of service

WHy do I say this you ask? Because I have seen so many people go away to the military and straighten themselves out. The only way the people would be able to draw a check is if they performed their duties int he military. If you don't want to join the military, then get a job, or don't take handouts.

Just my .02

Mista Bone
10-29-2011, 11:28 PM
Dad had a great idea when he was still alive.

A lot of the welfare moms cannot afford day care while they are working.

So you create a day care by using those on welfare so they "earn" a paycheck while the other moms can also work. That way nobody is sitting at home watching Oprah and Springer.

The hardest part was weeding out the flakes of mothers who had no business raising kids.

Dirtyd0g
10-30-2011, 12:02 AM
The welfare moms I have met I don't want raising my kids. I want to teach my kids values and manners.
Alan

Katmandu
10-30-2011, 02:27 PM
don't take handouts.

Just my .02Real Republicans (and their Children) would never accept Government $$$. Too include Government Higher Education grants. Not loans. GRANTS.

It would be hippo-critical otherwise.

turbo
10-30-2011, 08:34 PM
Real Republicans (and their Children) would never accept Government $$$. Too include Government Higher Education grants. Not loans. GRANTS.

It would be hippo-critical otherwise.

funny that you say that, I went to UC, graduated cum laude, and did not receive any government grants

turbo
10-30-2011, 08:35 PM
oh, and I am hard core conservative, if you can't tell lol

jktruckin06
10-30-2011, 08:49 PM
everything is so far gone, that it will take more than congress or a different president. anything related to government, from federal to local, is corrupt in some capacity almost everywhere. it's going to take a lot of years to turn around.

05yellowgt
10-30-2011, 08:54 PM
I love the thought process except for the common overlooked fact...There are not enough jobs for all Americans. I know of over qualified people desperate for work that got turned down at McDonalds. If I myself went to get a job in my field I would have to travel a couple hours a day forcing me to spend more on fuel and cars than if I got a minimum wage job locally. Especially with fuel ranging from $3-$4 per gallon. I know I am not the only one in that position I just found a different way to deal with it. I do whatever it takes to make money to survive. From Brake jobs to torque converters and almost everything in between.

The days of selecting what work I wanted and only taking that in are over. When I was full time employed I only worked on what I wanted to work on, when I wanted to work on it. Now I spend 90+ hours per week in the shop doing whatever work I can get. If more people took my approach then we would have less welfare recipients. Too many people are raised with their life goal of milking the system for all it is worth.

My cousing makes about twice as much as me strictly from benefits. I don't believe anything is wrong with her back I think it is an excuse. Why do I say that? Because all she talks about is her and her husband getting it on. If her back is well enough to screw then it is well enough to work some sort of job. She has 4 girls and every one of them knows all the tricks of the welfare system so they get goverment paid apartments, food stamps, cash, medical, etc....everything you can imagine. And nothing is wrong with any of them.

They are just lazy. If I don't have any money I sell something, ask people for work and do it or just plain do without. I recently saw her oldest complaining on facebook about spending 4 hours at the welfare office and it wasn't fair. She got mad at me for telling her if she didn't like it get a job....needless to say I am not their favorite person.

The government needs to spend the money making jobs for people instead of supporting them. The current president has failed terribly at that, hopefully our next will be a little wiser in the ways of the economy, but I really think most of this has more to do with the congress than the actual president. Our congress is a disgrace and I blame them for more of what happens than the puppet...er I mean president. When Congress has to abide by the same rules and regulations as the rest of Americans it will change.

Alan
The only problem Alan is that the government doesn't create jobs, the private sector does. We need to greatly reduce or eliminate all together corporate taxes. Businesses are in the business of making money. Corporate taxes in America are among the highest anywhere in the world. We also have a combination of trade agreements and regulations that make for a favorable scenario for many American companies to move their operations elsewhere. Cut or eliminate taxes for corporations. This positively affects the bottom line of American companies. They can afford to hire new workers and promote those who they currently have employed. This does several things. One, it puts more of our millions of unemployed back to work. It lessens the burden on our welfare programs as well as increases the revenue that the government takes in for its income taxes. It also lets more employed Americans do what they do best, spend their hard earned money. This creates a larger need for goods and services and will further drive the need to expand and higher more workers. It is a self sustaining cycle.

Dirtyd0g
10-30-2011, 09:15 PM
The goverment spent billions trying to create jobs in an already flooded industry.(Solyndra) They had no problem destroying american jobs both with over doing it on the EPA regulations and the notorious NAFTA bill that sent most of The United States Industrial and Manufacturing jobs overseas and allowed them to transport the stuff in Tariff free. It isn't right that anything is cheaper to make in China and ship here than to make here. Only the oil compoanies win. I say put tariff's on the stuff and make the overseas freighters run on alternative fuels. That will reduce the usage of oil dramatically and promote American manufacturing.

We are destroying ourselves by buying too much foreign products. While we feed China we go farter and farther in debt to them for tv's and Ipods,etc.... Why not charge them more for the food they cannot live without and tax the electronics. Yes it will raise the price of your ipod, but in the same it will bring millions of jobs back. I can live with that.
Alan