Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
Correct me if i am wrong [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Correct me if i am wrong

setty2706
10-24-2011, 07:55 PM
The doors off a 85 Mustang vert and a 88 mustang vert.... Is there any different in structure other then electric window mounting switch location and arm rest?

sean
10-24-2011, 08:00 PM
why did you put this in the rant section?
I will set the rant mood and you will hopefully get some useable answers from someone else.

LOOK DAMMMITTT..... I DONT KNOW.

There, now it looks like something that belongs in the rant section.
Also I just took more cold medicine that makes me a bit loopy so yea... lol

Sloney50
10-24-2011, 08:10 PM
LOL! A+ for effort Sean! :rockon:

setty2706
10-24-2011, 08:13 PM
Well Mr. Sean you will see why this is in the Rant section.. I have been selling off my vert parts and i had this call from a guy. Now it has turned into a nightmare... He had me sitting around one day and called me late and said he couldnt come until the next day. Some of it is my fault since he has no idea about mustang and was trying to buy parts for a stripped out 88 for his daughter. Everyone that has dealt with me knows that i will work with you on price and i have just given away little parts while people was here picking stuff up.

Well this guy wanted a passenger door, sunvisors, Taillights, and the trunk lid. I worked out a fair price for them and after putting me off for a few days finally drove almost 2 hrs to pick everything up. First off, he left and didnt take the tailights ( half my fault since i didnt walk out and put them in his truck since i carried everything for him since he is 71 yrs old). He was in and out and wasn't much for conversation... He calls me after he is already home telling me that he forgot the tailights. " so me being me" i told him that i would be in Mason for work and when i got done i could meet him to save him half the trip. I get off work and call him and he says he cant meet me today but will try to work something out this weekend and then goes into a Line of " that door doesnt work on my car. It has a different bracket on it"... i have no idea what he is talking about.... but very long story short now he wants his money back out of the door and i have to take time out of my crazy crazy life this week just to help him out...... I know enough about mustangs to spend money but i didnt think there was any difference in the doors......... So once again my nice person way of doing business has me screwed AGAIN......

It doesnt help that i live in wilmington but in training in Orient Ohio for the next 3 weeks... Home on Wednesdays and the weekends......

DAMN IT SEAN,,,,, I WANTED TO ASK BEFORE I WENT INTO MY RANT

sean
10-24-2011, 08:18 PM
lol... Now thats a damn rant. Glad I could help bring that out.

setty2706
10-24-2011, 08:21 PM
It actually was way worse then that.... He bought the door panels but explain to him that they wouldn't work on his car after i asked him what year the car was he was fixing ... i should have just sold them to him then he would of had 2 different things to complain about :D

I was pissed just because i have no time to deal with this stuff but wanted to make sure that I wasn't wrong on door fitment

jktruckin06
10-24-2011, 08:29 PM
damn man. I for one am one of the guys that was given more than I was there for. he hooked me up with a vert cover (which by the way, my 87 does have tracks:bigthumb and not buttons). he was just going to GIVE it to me after cutting me an awesome deal in the first place. so I hope the rest of your parting goes well and good luck in orient

mad max
10-24-2011, 08:37 PM
Setty, you arent gonna make my life this difficult if i go get that roller for you ? LOL

setty2706
10-24-2011, 08:38 PM
LOL i think iam loosing my mind :bigthumb

Hope that thing cleans up for you.. I would rather help out fellow stang guys then see some parts get junked. Everyone i have sold stuff to i have either given them stuff or helped them out with deals to save them cash to buy more... I try to be a stand up guy

setty2706
10-24-2011, 08:39 PM
Setty, you arent gonna make my life this difficult if i go get that roller for you ? LOL

I tell you what at the rate of this week i might have to go back to my old job but as a client :D

mad max
10-24-2011, 08:39 PM
Dont do that .Ive heard enough horror stories. LOL

setty2706
10-24-2011, 08:43 PM
Its very interesting.... With the new job i have never heard the word F*#k so much in one day lol

MFIELD
10-24-2011, 09:56 PM
Dont know if you found an answer but I believe the mirrors are different.

setty2706
10-24-2011, 09:59 PM
Yeah... Your correct... he says something about it having a different bracket and wouldnt fit on his car.... Who knows maybe its not even a mustang

furiouslyfaster
10-25-2011, 08:38 AM
may not be a mustang you never know about some people man lol. Sorry your having a tough time with parting out that car man. Best of luck to ya.

mustang_gt88
10-25-2011, 09:24 AM
I have a set of 91 vert doors that im putting on my 86 t-top(same does as 85 vert). No issues the brackets are the same bolt of and bolt on. He may need to buy the weather stripping since the 88 doors have the mirror on the body.

MFIELD
10-25-2011, 09:30 AM
The door will bolt on and fit fine, the mirror will be the only difference.

setty2706
10-25-2011, 05:42 PM
.. Thanks for verifying my thoughts... I knew the differences between the doors but just wanted to make sure i wasnt missing anything...