Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
Maximum Motorsports [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Maximum Motorsports

SCHMUCKINGHAM
10-20-2011, 09:34 AM
This is not a rant about their quality or customer service or even their fitment. Its about their extreme arrogance!

I called them yesterday to try and confirm if a k member I had acquired was one of theirs. Upon further questioning the dude on the phone asked what the rest of the suspension was and I told him exactly what it was, a full weight street car on Strange 10 ways and UPR coilovers. I could feel his disgust over the phone followed by way this brand new suspension I bought was crap and that it would work at all. He also instructed me I needed to buy their Bilstein setup and use their coilovers......... which just the struts/shocks or $650 bucks. I couldnt beleive what I was hearing on the phone and that a simple " is this yours or not" question tumbled into my brand new parts being crap.

I mean I have heard of taking pride in your product but I have learned owning my own business you do not say things like that about other companies.

heyitsmepugsley
10-20-2011, 10:26 AM
gotta love the guys that think if you dont have the best of everything your a complete idot.

AntiRice427
10-20-2011, 10:32 AM
My car works great with UPR stuff on it. I bet if I had MM's heavy over priced crap on my car it would slow down. I have dealt with them on the phone to, the guy was a dick.

SCHMUCKINGHAM
10-20-2011, 10:34 AM
My car works great with UPR stuff on it. I bet if I had MM's heavy over priced crap on my car it would slow down. I have dealt with them on the phone to, the guy was a dick.

I mean i can understand the valving may be wrong on the 10 ways for a full weight street cat that I will DD in the summer. Not everyone can pay 600+ for just the k member plus the 600 for the struts and still need A arms and coilovers

IWRBB
10-20-2011, 11:06 AM

Mr. Antirice, your claim that MM’s stuff is “heavy over priced crap“ is flat out ridiculous.

IWRBB
10-20-2011, 11:19 AM
I mean i can understand the valving may be wrong on the 10 ways for a full weight street cat that I will DD in the summer. Not everyone can pay 600+ for just the k member plus the 600 for the struts and still need A arms and coilovers

So, if you can't afford the right parts, then just throw something on there that is cheap and fits? Why not leave it stock until you can afford the right parts? I realize you didn't buy the parts on this particular car.. but blaming MM for pointing out that you have a K, struts and coilovers that don't work well together is odd to me.

SCHMUCKINGHAM
10-20-2011, 11:44 AM
So, if you can't afford the right parts, then just throw something on there that is cheap and fits? Why not leave it stock until you can afford the right parts? I realize you didn't buy the parts on this particular car.. but blaming MM for pointing out that you have a K, struts and coilovers that don't work well together is odd to me.

I asked them to ID the K member and that was it, not to tear my car down part by part and tell me everything I bought/have is crap.

If you can afford to but coil overs and struts/shocks and then do it all over again then more power to you, I have had my fill of buying "the best" parts and they are just over priced and work no different than the cheaper units.

Stangman
10-20-2011, 12:11 PM
And some companies also can be dicks when you call about one of their products that you bought used and not directly from them. That irritates me as well.

SCHMUCKINGHAM
10-20-2011, 02:17 PM
Well Mike from MM just called me back and the K member is not theirs so I went ahead and ordered on of theirs. Mike was more than helpful and extremely nice and that is the kind of sales rep I want to talk to.

AntiRice427
10-20-2011, 05:03 PM

Maybe the crap part was a little harsh. Sorry I hurt your feelings.