Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
Hard choice but parting out [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Hard choice but parting out

setty2706
10-16-2011, 10:52 PM
Well for the last few months as i have worked on my 85 vert i have been unmotivated due to some rust issues. The rust could all be fixed but it would take some time and money that i just dont have.. So i have decided i am going to part out Poverty Pony and save the money toward a rust free roller and build something worth keeping... Draggin50 stopped over and took a look at my rust bomb and as we talked he found even more Rot....

I am keeping a lot of parts from the car and the drive train but will be putting parts up for sale as i decide that i dont need them. I am holding on to some parts to swap into whatever roller i buy... If any of you 4eyed car guys know of any little pieces just let me know .....

The last picture is of a Crack in the floor under my rear seats in a non rusty area.. I believe the car might be twisted due to the front sitting uneven..:(

mustangrfast88
10-16-2011, 11:12 PM
where you located i dont know if the interior panels ar ethe same as a 90 might be interested in checking it out

mustanger
10-16-2011, 11:17 PM
I have an 85, I am looking for a dash, center console, wiper motor, dew wipes for either side of window. If they are in good shape I'd be interested, and where are you located?

setty2706
10-16-2011, 11:17 PM
where you located i dont know if the interior panels ar ethe same as a 90 might be interested in checking it out

i am in Wilmington ohio... the funny part about you asking is that this car came from Connversville... The interior is different in 90 i believe in all ways...

Gstang117
10-16-2011, 11:36 PM
That sucks man. You gonna buy another convertible?

setty2706
10-16-2011, 11:39 PM
That sucks man. You gonna buy another convertible?

Remember awhile back when i mentioned about looking for a roller.. This is why i was looking for a roller ahhaha...

To be honest i dont know what i will end up with it.. It will be another 4eye but who knows might be a notch or a t-top or another vert .. We will see

draggin50
10-16-2011, 11:42 PM
Hey man hope it all works out in your favor. Its a shame! And just as we were talking we dug out more crap. And it is a good looking car on the outside and is amazing what it was hiding. If you ever need anything else just feel free to call or hit me up.

setty2706
10-16-2011, 11:47 PM
Hey man hope it all works out in your favor. Its a shame! And just as we were talking we dug out more crap. And it is a good looking car on the outside and is amazing what it was hiding. If you ever need anything else just feel free to call or hit me up.

Thanks man....

I usually am good about looking cars over before buying them.. I guess the pretty red paint blinded my good judgement that day..

bbfstanger
10-16-2011, 11:50 PM
i need a rear bumper cover for an 85
what shape and how much?

Stangman
10-16-2011, 11:51 PM
They don't call it resale red for nothing! I know how you feel! I've fixed a few of them that probably should have went to the shredder.... lots of work... and welding lol

Gstang117
10-17-2011, 12:01 AM
Remember awhile back when i mentioned about looking for a roller.. This is why i was looking for a roller ahhaha...

To be honest i dont know what i will end up with it.. It will be another 4eye but who knows might be a notch or a t-top or another vert .. We will see

Ahh lol You should see some of the rust I've discovered on my jeep. But nothing a little cutting, welding, screaming, shedding blood, and curling up in the corner rocking back and forth wont fix. I'll keep my eye out for anything that shows up around over here.

setty2706
10-17-2011, 12:05 AM
i need a rear bumper cover for an 85
what shape and how much?

Here is a pic but i will double check it for you tomorrow

mustangrfast88
10-17-2011, 12:07 AM
what mirrors are on it the electric

setty2706
10-17-2011, 12:09 AM
what mirrors are on it the electric

nopers.. old manual... I dont believe there is to much of my vert that will work on the 87-93 foxes.. as for interior goes .

mad max
10-17-2011, 08:31 AM
Sorry to hear that setty. Good luck with the search and i will keep my eyes open as im out rolling around.

2Fast4You
10-17-2011, 08:43 AM
Setty,
I have that 1985 vert in the for sale car/chassis threads, check it out and see if it is something you may be interersted in. It is solid and we can work something out if interested.

GREAZY
10-17-2011, 09:04 AM
I have 82 GT roller I have been thinking about getting rid of...Let me know if you might be interested.

furiouslyfaster
10-17-2011, 09:18 AM
Sorry to hear about your car man. Hope you get some good money from your parts and get ya a good roller.

setty2706
10-17-2011, 09:32 AM
Sorry to hear about your car man. Hope you get some good money from your parts and get ya a good roller.

It sucks but i will just sell off what i can and save some more pennies and try again... I am more upset that this thing was that rotted and you couldnt tell the day i looked at it... Gravel dust covered the underside all to well..

k062693w
10-17-2011, 11:32 AM
How is the top and how much for it ??? I would want the frame and all ...

setty2706
10-17-2011, 06:22 PM
well i think i have the roller in line to replace the rust bomb... Just have to get some things sold off..... Will be putting up a list later this week... Or just pm me the things you might need... I am willing to work on prices..

Thanks for the support guys that is the reason i enjoy this forum

jktruckin06
10-17-2011, 07:05 PM
hopefully you get another vert! pm coming your way

NXcoupe
10-17-2011, 07:50 PM
well i think i have the roller in line to replace the rust bomb... Just have to get some things sold off..... Will be putting up a list later this week... Or just pm me the things you might need... I am willing to work on prices..

Thanks for the support guys that is the reason i enjoy this forum

Sucks Mike, I know how bad you've wanted on of these for such a long time. Good to hear there's a plan in the works. If anyone stops in needing anything I'll forward them your way.

setty2706
10-17-2011, 08:03 PM
Sucks Mike, I know how bad you've wanted on of these for such a long time. Good to hear there's a plan in the works. If anyone stops in needing anything I'll forward them your way.

Thank ya sir.... It will be replaced by another 4eyed vert because you are right i have been wanting one for a good while now.