Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
91 coupe cold start issuses [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : 91 coupe cold start issuses

ojsherbergt
10-12-2011, 04:47 PM
Ever time i start after letting it sit over a period time of like 5-8 hours it will start up and then die unless i give it gas to keep it started but after a while after its warmed up it will idle fine and will drive fine with no issues any one have any idea why it would

ps if i park it after i warm it up it will start up with no problems no giving it gas starts up normal

heyitsmepugsley
10-12-2011, 04:51 PM
is it efi?

facemelter71
10-12-2011, 05:00 PM
Anything done to the motor?

CAI,heads,head work,anything done to car?

ojsherbergt
10-12-2011, 05:05 PM
its got an ecam and msd distrubiter exahust and gear

ojsherbergt
10-12-2011, 05:06 PM
Anything done to the motor?

CAI,heads,head work,anything done to car?

no head work stock heads stock air box

ojsherbergt
10-12-2011, 05:07 PM
is it efi?

yea its efi

blown96cobra
10-12-2011, 05:12 PM
Ever time i start after letting it sit over a period time of like 5-8 hours it will start up and then die unless i give it gas to keep it started but after a while after its warmed up it will idle fine and will drive fine with no issues any one have any idea why it would

ps if i park it after i warm it up it will start up with no problems no giving it gas starts up normal

Thats pretty normal for after a camswap and not being tuned.

facemelter71
10-12-2011, 05:47 PM
Yup,my car did that all the time. It helps to replace the IAC valve or at least clean the shit out of it. All the carbon build up with effect it. Even more so when its trying to adjust for more air.

2Fast4You
10-13-2011, 04:19 PM

Did you buy the car with this issue or did it start after a certian modification was done?

You can try adjusting the idle screw on the TB, don't wan't to adjsut it to much because it will also effect your idle at running tempatures.