Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
Internal/External Balance Flywheel? [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Internal/External Balance Flywheel?

svtmofo
10-08-2011, 11:17 PM
I kinda know a little about the two but wondering what its usually used for the fox 5.0's internal or externally balanced. Thanks in advance

Dirtyd0g
10-09-2011, 12:05 AM
HO motors are 50oz, earlier motors were 28oz
Alan

svtmofo
10-09-2011, 09:42 AM
Ok Thanks man, but what should be used? Internally balanced or externally balanced?

draggin50
10-09-2011, 10:58 AM
Externally.

NXcoupe
10-09-2011, 02:15 PM
Ok Thanks man, but what should be used? Internally balanced or externally balanced?

What are you asking exactly? It's not something you can randomly interchange. If the engine was internally balanced, it will stay that way, same goes for an externally balanced engine, once it's balanced it stays with the external balance it was given during the balancing process, in a ford's case either 28 oz, or 50 oz. The usual balance for a stock 83 up 5.0 is 50 oz external balance.

svtmofo
10-09-2011, 09:43 PM
What are you asking exactly? It's not something you can randomly interchange. If the engine was internally balanced, it will stay that way, same goes for an externally balanced engine, once it's balanced it stays with the external balance it was given during the balancing process, in a ford's case either 28 oz, or 50 oz. The usual balance for a stock 83 up 5.0 is 50 oz external balance.

Well Im looking at flywheels on summit some say internal balanced and some say external balance. I just asking which of these is needed. I have a 92 gt, Im not familar with that, so thats why im asking. Do I need to look at the stock flywheel before getting another?

Dirtyd0g
10-09-2011, 10:10 PM
You need the 50oz external balance. The only variation would be if you had the motor built and the engine builder changed it to internal or neutral balance. If it is a stock 92 motor it is definately 50oz external balance. When buying balancers,flexplates or flywheels you need to buy them for that application only or you will get destructive balance issues.
Alan

svtmofo
10-09-2011, 11:26 PM
Gotcha, makes sense. Thanks Alan