Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
Moving company??? [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Moving company???

Mr.Moontang
09-26-2011, 09:06 PM
Nancy and I are moving at the end of October and were thinking about hiring 2
Men and a Truck or something like that. Does anyone on here have any opinions on them or know of any other similar companies?

mustangrfast88
09-26-2011, 09:36 PM
where moving too. i got a trucking buddy that just started at a moving company i can talk to him

chris91
09-26-2011, 09:53 PM
We used Two Men and a Truck to move about 2 years ago. We furnished our own truck though as our help ditched us the day of the move. Really reasonable rate and definitely packed the truck like it was a Tetris game. lol I would definitely use them again.

smytty
09-26-2011, 09:58 PM
Nancy and I are moving at the end of October and were thinking about hiring 2
Men and a Truck or something like that. Does anyone on here have any opinions on them or know of any other similar companies?We just used them about 2 months ago and the 2 guys we had couldnt speak english..
I wanted 2 things in my basement and the kept shaking their heads no and held out their arms, i assumed that meant it wouldnt fit lol.. Well the next weekend me and my friend took the stuff down without a issue..
So make sure you get guys that speak english and are bigger then your 6 yr old daughter...:bigthumb

Timido
09-26-2011, 10:26 PM
Last time we moved we got an estimate on the moving cost. They showed up looked at the items and gave us an estimate. The time before that we had an hourly 2 men in the truck move. Lazy and they took their time to Jack up the cost.

chris91
09-26-2011, 11:18 PM
I guess I got lucky. Had one big guy and one smaller guy and they had no problems lifting and moving everything in our 3 Bedroom 2 Bath house in 6 hours for $250. I felt it was definitely worth it. All we had to do was tell them where we wanted everything. I know there was also another company called Three Men in a Truck on CL, read bad reviews about them breaking stuff, etc. But again, that was two years ago.

cstreu1026
09-27-2011, 07:26 AM
When we moved into our house we used a company called EZ Move and I believe they were in Middletown. They were very reasonable and worked their asses off. They did a small move before ours, then all of our stuff from Independence to Xenia, and when they were finished with our stuff they left for another move. They also ended up being about half the price of 2 Men and a Truck.

My wife used 2 Men & a Truck when she was in college and moved in to a new apartment as well as when we got married and she moved to Independence. She never had a problem with them.

R825OH
09-27-2011, 09:17 AM
Wayne Family Movers moved us,they were great!! Came on the snowiest day and put everything where were wanted it!!

KYGTP
09-27-2011, 09:25 AM
Last time we moved we got an estimate on the moving cost. They showed up looked at the items and gave us an estimate. The time before that we had an hourly 2 men in the truck move. Lazy and they took their time to Jack up the cost.

I have to agree here. Scott, I would not use 2 men and a truck. They go by the hour, and when I used them to moving into the house I used them, and they went on "Break" way more than they should have. I was like WTH??

I would shop around for sure, and make sure they have insurance to cover your stuff if they break it.

The lowest bid is not always the best when it comes to moving guys. I can help you look around a bit though.

IWRBB
09-27-2011, 10:34 AM
Be careful. Once they have your stuff on the truck- you are at their mercy. People get scammed all the time by movers. I know a couple people who've had it happen to them.