Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
WTB ... Mexican Block .......... [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : WTB ... Mexican Block ..........

331TwistedWedge
09-23-2011, 09:39 PM
im looking for a mexican block ... im going to rebuild my 331 and i'd rather not throw my rotating assembly in a stock block ... a dart block is an overkill for what im doing, so a mexican would be perfect ...............

pm me if you have one, or know of anyone with one ... ca$h in hand and ready to buy ...........

thanks, rick............

facemelter71
09-24-2011, 08:59 AM
Talk to mustangboy, he has one.

ibstrokin
09-24-2011, 10:46 AM
Pm banginggears (Jason), he has/had my old mexican block, not sure if he still does or if its being used. It has milodon main caps, which would be a good upgrade if you build one.

331TwistedWedge
09-24-2011, 07:03 PM
Pm banginggears (Jason), he has/had my old mexican block, not sure if he still does or if its being used. It has milodon main caps, which would be a good upgrade if you build one.

explain the milodin main caps versus the stock mexican caps ...... are they a thicker/better caps? ... thats the reason for wanting a mexican block, for the thicker mains/webbing ...

you ran that block for about 10 yrs didnt you brian? ... how much hp did it hold?

Goober
09-25-2011, 06:10 PM
Did you try Corral? I found mine on there burried in the classifieds for $300 plus the drive to Philly. As long as you're not looking for a stock bore one, you can get them cheap.

331TwistedWedge
09-25-2011, 06:28 PM
i never really tried the corral, im always on there - i may browse ... i know i will find one this winter by accident, but i want to start my build before the busy season starts ...

other than craigslist, i havent really looked that hard ... i guess its time to buckle down ... heard swap meets are a good place too ...

ibstrokin
09-25-2011, 07:10 PM
The Milodon caps are much bigger, they were on the block when I got it. That block was in a friends car that had been built by Paul's Automotive for a guy who road raced. The car made 500+ hp when my friend bought it, He then built a Boss block. I ran it for about 4 years making between 550 and 637 depending on setup. I replaced it with a Boss block for fear of breaking the block and ruining my rotating assembly.

But the main caps on a mexican are bigger than standard, but the Milodon's are quite a bit beefier than the stock mexican block's. I believe the Milodon caps are about $200, plus installation, but I think they are worth it.

You may also want to keep an eye out for the old Sportsman, B50, and R blocks. All of those are cheaper than a new Boss, and will take a lot of power. Also, if you buy a Boss block, be prepared to spend about $1k on machining alone.

The advantage of finding my old block is that there shouldn't be any machining required. But I have no clue where it is or what it's been in for the last few years.

adragon72
09-25-2011, 07:42 PM
You should leave that Mexican box alone there is no telling were it's been

bangingears
09-25-2011, 08:24 PM
The Milodon caps are much bigger, they were on the block when I got it. That block was in a friends car that had been built by Paul's Automotive for a guy who road raced. The car made 500+ hp when my friend bought it, He then built a Boss block. I ran it for about 4 years making between 550 and 637 depending on setup. I replaced it with a Boss block for fear of breaking the block and ruining my rotating assembly.

But the main caps on a mexican are bigger than standard, but the Milodon's are quite a bit beefier than the stock mexican block's. I believe the Milodon caps are about $200, plus installation, but I think they are worth it.

You may also want to keep an eye out for the old Sportsman, B50, and R blocks. All of those are cheaper than a new Boss, and will take a lot of power. Also, if you buy a Boss block, be prepared to spend about $1k on machining alone.

The advantage of finding my old block is that there shouldn't be any machining required. But I have no clue where it is or what it's been in for the last few years.

still tucked in the corner of my gargae ;)

331TwistedWedge
09-28-2011, 11:01 PM
found a mexican ... lock it up..............

thx everyone ......

Stangman
09-29-2011, 08:28 AM
Put it to good use!! Beats letting it sit under my car....