Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
HotWheels [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : HotWheels

4EYED85GT
09-20-2011, 02:38 PM
How many of you have a bunch of HotWheels? I have collected these addicting things for years and have totes full of unopened ones. My 2 year old son likes to get in my closet and open a bunch of them when he doesnt get caught.

While I was playing with him today, we decided to take a bunch of his loose ones and seperate them by what kind of car they are. We have lots of Muscle Cars as that is mainly what I collect. We lined them up nice and neat for the photos, of course as I type this they are already scattered all over the floor.

Curious as to who collects Hot Wheels and what is specifically collected. Something else to talk about on here.

Lets see some cool pics of your Hot Wheels!

4EYED85GT
09-20-2011, 02:58 PM
Glad Hot Wheels finally added some Fox Bodied Mustangs! I bought several of these as I am gonna strip some of them and paint different colors. I want to display a bunch of this car in different colors in one of those nice acrylic cases. Its a sickness I guess!

COOP
09-20-2011, 03:20 PM
I used to collect them up until about three years ago. I've got maybe 1,000 or so. I quit collecting new stuff about six years ago and switched to redlines. I'd love to get ahold of some of the new fox mustang ones though, but all I've ever found are the red ones.

setty2706
09-20-2011, 03:33 PM
WOW... thats a nice collection.. I been wanting to start a search and collect fox body hot wheels and diecast..

the die cast get pricey

Stangman
09-20-2011, 03:42 PM
I've still yet to find the blue nitto fox. I need a few of them!

I have a freakin shitload of hotwheels... and tons more up opened... I wouldn't have the space to get all mine out and take a pic of them on the floor! LOL

furiouslyfaster
09-20-2011, 04:09 PM
I love hotwheels I had to stop buying them cause I didn't know what to do with them. I like to get plastic model cars and mix and match parts and motors. I to have a lot of hot wheels. When I have a kid I hope I have a boy so I can play hotwheels with him. Told my wife that and she just shook her head.

Stangman
09-20-2011, 04:57 PM
Oooh yeah. I got plastc 1:24th and 1:25th scale models as well..... a couple hundred easy. Atleast 50 of them are still unbuilt

85_SS_302_Coupe
09-20-2011, 05:30 PM
I have a bunch of the blue Fox's. I only buy Mustangs, and not all of them just ones i like. I have way too may Spawn toys and old '80s toys as it is.

chris91
09-20-2011, 07:12 PM
I have two of the Red Nitto cars. Never have seen the Blue ones, but I never have went out searching for them. Im usually the type that sees a rack of cars at Kroger or such and looks through em. Found a few here and there.

4EYED85GT
09-20-2011, 09:24 PM
Jesse, Ive got a few you can have. Anyone have the pink 79 Mustang 5.0 that came out in 1996? The purple Fox Body I have came in a Mustang 5 pack.

The Blue Fox Body was a Kmart Exclusive car for one of there Kdays events. It's an event that happens about 4 times a year in which Mattel put together special cases with exclusive colors. Each Kmart store gets a certain number of cases based on there HotWheels sales. The event is always on a weekend at 9am. The way it works is you show up early, go to the toy area where the event usually is set up. They hand out a raffle ticket to each customer that wants one...yes, the scalpers bring all their neighbor kids with them. They will have all the unopened cases laid out on a table. They will then draw tickets until they have a person standing by each unopened case. They will then say go and you have 5 minutes to pick out 5 cars (usually the treasure hunt and 4 others). After that they will draw more tickets for the ones that didnt get picked 1st time, they will then go through the cases that have already been gone through.

After everyone has gone, its free game and you can buy as many cars as you want. My daughter always goes with me and I always let her go through the case even if my ticket gets called and hers doesnt. I love watching her face light up when she pulls out the Treasure Hunt and the other cars we are usually after. Its also priceless watching the grown ups cry and complain if they dont get picked. All over a 99 cent toy!

I believe Wal Mart also receives the exclusive cases from Mattel but only certain times of year, this is why the Blue Fox isnt easy to find.

COOP
09-20-2011, 10:15 PM
It's easy to get hooked on them. Anyone have a pair of the blue ones they want to sell? I had no luck finding any on the racks.
I got caught up in the 05 mustang hotwheels when they came out. There was a blue one that was walmart ten pack only that was pretty tough to find. Zero on eBay for months. I lucked out and had a friend find one for me. I probably bought twenty of the red 05 gt. Trying to buy all of the variations of those and the Datsun 240z about drove me nuts. I had to quit. There's still s few I'm missing of both.

Stangman
09-21-2011, 10:33 AM
I have that pink fox cobra! Never seen another one like it! The hatch opens up! I took it out of the package years ago :( lol

the"game"
09-21-2011, 10:38 AM
thats alot of hotwheels. i have a bunch of 1 2/4 scale models, alot unbuilt

the"game"
09-21-2011, 10:53 AM
Here's a few hotwheels ive got, my daughter opened then up. the go-carts cool,,,,lol

pegasus
09-21-2011, 11:09 AM
I still buy 5 every paycheck lol but now at days i only buy cars that are real fords chevy dodge ect

coupegt
09-21-2011, 11:52 AM
i have pretty many hot wheels also mainly just buy mustangs now i buy every foxbody i can find

mustang_gt88
09-21-2011, 12:13 PM
I have collected since I was a little kid. I mostly pay the muscle car and hot rod trucks.

bascom123
09-23-2011, 01:14 PM
I have a ton, but what i really like are 60's and 70's muscle cars, and the larger ones. Wife loves the VW's (Buses and old Bugs)

Have a large VW, Firebird and Mustang collection of strictly hotwheels and Johnny Lightnings.

So many, old redlines, new redlines, club member only pieces.

:)

NUTTSGT
09-28-2011, 08:05 AM
I had no idea that Hot Wheels had made a fox body car. I'll keep my eyes open for now on.

HARCracing
10-03-2011, 10:12 PM
Not nearly as bad as I used to be but just wait until the wife graduates nursing school and we get a bigger house for a "mans world" room :D

bascom123
10-04-2011, 10:41 AM
..... we get a bigger house for a "mans world" room :D

I have one its called the GARAGE! lol..:lol::lol::lol:

redfirepearlgt
10-04-2011, 11:41 PM
Had them as a kid. Played with them in the dirt in the yard. HAd some early versions with red line wheels on them. Had the Red Baron (late 70S) one of my favorites. Had hotwheels track as well. Got spanked with it a few times once mom realized what a good switch hot wheels track makes!!!!! OUCH!!****

NO SHOT
10-05-2011, 07:59 AM
Had them as a kid. Played with them in the dirt in the yard. HAd some early versions with red line wheels on them. Had the Red Baron (late 70S) one of my favorites. Had hotwheels track as well. Got spanked with it a few times once mom realized what a good switch hot wheels track makes!!!!! OUCH!!****

What a trap that track was huh!!It sure did hurt!!!LOL!

skenny19
12-17-2011, 05:18 PM
i have alittle over 600 still in there packages most are fords

GREAZY
12-17-2011, 07:49 PM
Gould and I went on a HotWheel kick back in the late 90's. I still have about 500 or so in the pack. They are packed away in the basement, someday I will give them to my boy. He is 8 and still dosent know I even have them.

fuel10922
12-17-2011, 09:33 PM
I have been collecting them on and off for years. Growing up I had some cool red-line stuff that I wished I had today. I usually try and buy two of what ever catches my eye, so I can open one and roll it around and the other to stash away.

I bought a cool drag-strip for hot-wheels about two years ago. That we take to shows and stuff and usually run for pinks! HA! HA! Its funny when some guys won't give up their cars.

pegasus
12-18-2011, 12:00 AM
Hey I have a few fox mustangs still in the box if anyone can't find one I'll give it to ya for a buck or trade you for somthing cool

purpleskunk
12-18-2011, 12:20 AM
I still have ones from my childhood.Also started collecting them in the package in 1998.I have the red nitto mustang that is a defect. It is missing the top decal and the side decals are double printed. But I never got the blue one. I stop collecting the day Hotwheels puts out a 1982 Mercury Capri RS.

COOP
12-18-2011, 07:51 AM
Hey I have a few fox mustangs still in the box if anyone can't find one I'll give it to ya for a buck or trade you for somthing cool

If you have the blue nitto one, I'll take one. I couldn't find that one anywhere

inferno50
12-18-2011, 08:41 AM
I was looking through a hotwheels value book at a cousins house last night. I had so many of them in it that were worth a decent amount of money and I destroyed them. My son has what's left of mine and still uses them. Hell there was a truck in there worth 200 and we have it except all the paint is missing. O well I had fun with them.

setty2706
12-19-2011, 12:25 AM
I will have to post up some pics.... I have close to 20 Fox body hotwheels that are mostly 4 eyed cars... I have some doubles. I will post up some pics tomorrow.. If i have a double of something i would trade for other fox bodies i dont have...

COOP
12-19-2011, 12:57 AM
I will have to post up some pics.... I have close to 20 Fox body hotwheels that are mostly 4 eyed cars... I have some doubles. I will post up some pics tomorrow.. If i have a double of something i would trade for other fox bodies i dont have...

Post 'em up!

90fastgt
12-19-2011, 07:01 AM
My son has a white fox it doesn't look like ne of the ones pictured on here we found it at Kroger's about a month ago I will see if I can find it in his 100s an take a pic its white an has a number on it I believe