Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
Star Wars Geeks in here.... [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars Geeks in here....

NXcoupe
09-18-2011, 07:02 PM
Hey, just was at Sams and saw the new all in one blue ray with all 6 episodes on it. What I want to know is it the extended versions of each movie or the theatrical releases only? I have the extended versions of the old three, but they are on VHS, would like to have all 6 but want the extended versions, figure if they aren't the extended ones yet, they'll do that shit in a year after I buy this one. Just lookin for some insight. Appreciate any input.

85_SS_302_Coupe
09-18-2011, 07:20 PM
I don't know for sure but i read something about a major Darth Vader scene they changed. I'd like to punch George Lucas in the mouth...why does he have to tweak everything? Leave well enough alone. That scene he added with Han Solo talking to Jaba the Hut was HORRIBLE.

chadomac
09-18-2011, 08:41 PM
They are the extended versions. nothing like star wars on blu-ray

Goldenpony
09-18-2011, 10:48 PM
I just finished watching Episode IV (the original Star Wars) in Blue Ray. I got the ultimate set a couple days ago. All I can say is WOOF! The sound and picture (watched it on a 50" plasma TV with Bose surround sound) were spectacular. I'm not going to pick any nits, it is fantastic. :D

redfirepearlgt
09-19-2011, 06:52 AM
Been waiting for this for way too long. Can't wait to pick it up. And yes I agree that Han Solo/Jaba scene in ep IV could have been much better, but I do like the look on Jaba's face when Hans steps on his tale. Still nothing like being there in 1977 however. There are some advantages to being older. LOL!

satan jamez
09-19-2011, 08:37 AM
I don't know for sure but i read something about a major Darth Vader scene they changed. I'd like to punch George Lucas in the mouth...why does he have to tweak everything? Leave well enough alone. That scene he added with Han Solo talking to Jaba the Hut was HORRIBLE.

Artists want to constantly evolve their product. Many musicians do the same and people hate them for it. Metallica's San Francisco Symphony Orchestra CD is a good example.

85_SS_302_Coupe
09-19-2011, 10:48 AM
There's nothing stopping Lucas from making new movies..he'd rather recycle the old movies and sell them to everyone again.

NXcoupe
09-19-2011, 05:31 PM
I just finished watching Episode IV (the original Star Wars) in Blue Ray. I got the ultimate set a couple days ago. All I can say is WOOF! The sound and picture (watched it on a 50" plasma TV with Bose surround sound) were spectacular. I'm not going to pick any nits, it is fantastic. :D

So since you've watched them, are they the longer versions? Thanks everybody!

Goldenpony
09-19-2011, 06:33 PM
So since you've watched them, are they the longer versions? Thanks everybody!

Actually, I have only watched Episode IV - A New Hope. It is 125 min. long.

NXcoupe
09-19-2011, 07:28 PM
I will check my copy when I get home, I have the extended versions on VHS, so they will have runtime on them.

Goober
09-19-2011, 08:03 PM
I had no idea you were a SW nerd!

Crucial
09-20-2011, 12:15 AM
i was amazed how great episodes 4-6 looked .... awesome buy for sure

bestracing
09-20-2011, 09:51 AM
Guess I need to get this....

NXcoupe
09-23-2011, 03:24 PM
I had no idea you were a SW nerd!

Oh and star trek movie nerd as well. I hide it well, but still have my pocket protector and floodwater jeans in the closet. lol

superstangOH
09-23-2011, 03:47 PM
Oh and star trek movie nerd as well. I hide it well, but still have my pocket protector and floodwater jeans in the closet. lol

WOW mike i will never look at you the same lol

Goober
09-23-2011, 05:11 PM

I smell a halloween costume! :lol: