PDA

View Full Version : need info

BlazinEagle
09-14-2011, 06:40 PM
The scene:
My uncle is a cincinnati cop on third shift so he doesnt have a lot of free time. He took his 95 5.0 into a ford dealership today to check for recalls and get the oil changed. After about a half an hour he is told it was done. He heads to the cashier and she says $54.xx??? He says why is it so much? She said it looks like it took more oil than the standard 5 quarts. He replied it should not have taken any more then 5 quarts. She called the service manager over and he says that it looks like they put 8 quarts in it. He said the car only takes 5 quarts so the manager says he will take care of it. After 20 minutes or sothe manager comes back and says it is done. My uncle goes to pay and they tell him the bill was taken care of. Thinking the car was done he starts it up and goes to pull out of the lot and it starts hesitating. They did not drain the oil and start over. He then turns around and tells the manager something is wrong. The manager says that over filling the oil shouldnt hurt anything. The dealership did give him a loaner car and are looking into the motor.

The car did not hesitate at all before the oil change so my question is, has anyone had experience with this before and could it have hurt the motor?
Thanks in advance.
-Rodney