PDA

View Full Version : WTB SROD Cores

NXcoupe
08-31-2011, 08:27 PM
That's right, SROD cores, from 84 and earlier, doesn't matter if they are 4 cyl or V8, as long as it is fairly complete. I will pay 50 bucks each for them. PM me or call my shop. These are manual transmissions that were a 4 speed, 3rd is 1:1 and 4 is overdrive.

RACEME
09-01-2011, 05:58 AM
I will keep an eye out. Geez I have sent a bunch of those to the scrap yard. What are you up to with them?

Galaxie
09-01-2011, 08:04 AM
Might post this on 4eyedpride might get a better response from over there .

NXcoupe
09-02-2011, 02:52 PM
I will keep an eye out. Geez I have sent a bunch of those to the scrap yard. What are you up to with them?

A friend uses a part out of them. I want to help him out, figured there were a lot of them laying around in dusty cob-webbed corners.

NXcoupe
09-02-2011, 02:52 PM
Might post this on 4eyedpride might get a better response from over there .

I will give that a try as well, but want to keep it local.

bangingears
09-02-2011, 03:07 PM
A friend uses a part out of them. I want to help him out, figured there were a lot of them laying around in dusty cob-webbed corners.

swarr? :coo1:

NXcoupe
09-02-2011, 03:46 PM
Yep. Eric.

NXcoupe
09-08-2011, 10:33 PM
Anyone got one of these or a few? I don't care what kind of shape, doesn't have to work, just have all the parts inside.

ascCapri
09-08-2011, 11:19 PM
I have one that I bought for my 79 Pace Car, it was newly rebuilt with zero miles.....I traded a guy for his T5 setup, and he installed the SROD in his car.....it had no reverse. We looked at another SROD he had at the time that 3rd and 4th were toast, and I remember seeing the little linkage piece needed to get reverse to work. I felt like an idiot, especially after he installed the trans and was grinning ear to ear until he went to park it and couldn't get into reverse.

Moral to this whole story, maybe you make a good complete one out of this one by getting the reverse linkage out of another. In any case, I don't even wanna tell you how much I got taken for on this reverse-less trans, but if it can be used, great.
I have to help a buddy bring a rear end up to you to get narrowed. It probably won't be for a couple weeks, so if you aren't in a hurry, I could bring this SROD as well.

NXcoupe
09-09-2011, 08:55 PM
I have one that I bought for my 79 Pace Car, it was newly rebuilt with zero miles.....I traded a guy for his T5 setup, and he installed the SROD in his car.....it had no reverse. We looked at another SROD he had at the time that 3rd and 4th were toast, and I remember seeing the little linkage piece needed to get reverse to work. I felt like an idiot, especially after he installed the trans and was grinning ear to ear until he went to park it and couldn't get into reverse.

Moral to this whole story, maybe you make a good complete one out of this one by getting the reverse linkage out of another. In any case, I don't even wanna tell you how much I got taken for on this reverse-less trans, but if it can be used, great.
I have to help a buddy bring a rear end up to you to get narrowed. It probably won't be for a couple weeks, so if you aren't in a hurry, I could bring this SROD as well.
Just let me know so i have cash with me when u get there thanks. Hate to hear all the problems u went through.