Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
Deployment [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Deployment

MustangChuck
08-20-2011, 08:26 PM
Hey all. Just wanted to let everyone know that I will likely be going on a deployment to afghanistan here in the next couple of months. I am an engineer officer and since the afghani people are contracting afghani companies to do their construction work, I have been told I would be on a team whose job would be to QA/QC the work done by the afghani companies. Please keep me and the team I am assigned to in your prayers. I plan on killing off all my debt over there and maybe, if all things work out, propose to the girlfriend and be able to pay for the honeymoon and after all that, beef up the suspension (im talking subframe connectors, coilovers, swaybars, panhard bar, upgraded axles, swarr bar, etc.) and maybe a head swap on the mustang. So there are a lot of good things that would come from this! Lol. But seriously, please keep us in your thoughts and prayers while im over there. Thanks, folks!

Moody
08-20-2011, 08:34 PM
I Gotcha battle buddy. Hit me up if u need anything.

NXcoupe
08-20-2011, 09:35 PM
Take care of yourself over there! Be safe, come back soon. Sounds like a pretty cool gig tho, in all honesty.

Carl
08-21-2011, 12:55 AM
Good luck! I'm over here now at Bagram, I remember how much I hate this place. Less than 30 days...

sean
08-21-2011, 09:37 AM
Congrats on all the up coming good things. Stay safe

mustang8998
08-25-2011, 08:14 PM
Good luck and stay safe!

mad max
08-25-2011, 11:19 PM
Good luck man and stay safe.

69Cobra
08-29-2011, 06:39 AM
Good luck and stay safe while you're here. Being an electrician I know first hand what you are talking about with the Afghani contractors. Its the whole "Afghan First" thing. They do it first and wrong then we come back behind them and rewire what hasn't burnt up yet. What do you do?

Carl,
If I never see Bagram again that would be fine by me. I'm based out of Kandahar and really don't like to be there much either, just coming in and out for R&R's about the only reason I like going there.

chris91
08-29-2011, 06:53 AM
Good luck man! Stay safe too!! Hope everything goes as planned for ya man!

Moody
08-29-2011, 03:59 PM
I didn't care for bagram or kandahar. Konduz was nice area. For everyone kandahar has a pond of poo by the chow hall. Good luck to ya buddy