Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
Any shop owners doing a Coyote Fox swap?? [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Any shop owners doing a Coyote Fox swap??

Pitbull1052
08-01-2011, 01:49 PM
I was just curious if any shop owners are doing, involved, etc in a Coyote fox swap? I'm considering a block change down the road (stock block stroked to a 347 to an aftermarket/boss block) and just doing some research if i sold the current combo i'd end up spending about the same money. With that being said I'm thinking Coyote may be the way to go. I would think it would be a similar to a 4v or 2v swap?

beefcake
08-01-2011, 01:53 PM
I was just curious if any shop owners are doing, involved, etc in a Coyote fox swap? I'm considering a block change down the road (stock block stroked to a 347 to an aftermarket/boss block) and just doing some research if i sold the current combo i'd end up spending about the same money. With that being said I'm thinking Coyote may be the way to go. I would think it would be a similar to a 4v or 2v swap?

I know a couple have done it, not necessarily locally. Kurgan is on their second.

plated
08-01-2011, 01:53 PM
i have an 05 here with a coyote motor with the plug n play harness graaavey other than your suspension,i also know where a 04 cobra complete drop trans,harness,fuel tank every thing even the cluster,local

Black Horse
08-01-2011, 02:39 PM
I know of a couple under construction.

Pitbull1052
08-01-2011, 02:44 PM
Cool thanks Plated i didnt think it would be to bad...... I have an 04 Cobra tranny already...... i'm sure the harness and cluster would be sweet

Black Horse...

Are they have any troubles or issues? I did see where BBK just came out with long tube swap headers for fox.... I have a tubular K now but I think i'd have to change it..... i also have an autometer full gauge set up will i have to swap that for like a Cobra gauge cluster or ???

85_SS_302_Coupe
08-01-2011, 03:04 PM
Personally, i think the Coyote is probably the best all around engine Ford has ever built, but i wouldn't be in a big hurry to swap one over until they're cheap and readily available in junkyards. Right now i think the smarter swap would be an '04 Cobra 4.6. Those engines have proven themselves, there's lots of swap parts available and knowledge on how to make it work RIGHT and not just make it work, and you have a lot of room to grow and play with blowers. There's also a healthy aftermarket for the 4.6 already.

I tried to talk Kenny into it years ago but i think at the time he didn't want to piss of the wife with a Cobra parts car parked somewhere.

Pitbull1052
08-01-2011, 03:37 PM
Personally, i think the Coyote is probably the best all around engine Ford has ever built, but i wouldn't be in a big hurry to swap one over until they're cheap and readily available in junkyards. Right now i think the smarter swap would be an '04 Cobra 4.6. Those engines have proven themselves, there's lots of swap parts available and knowledge on how to make it work RIGHT and not just make it work, and you have a lot of room to grow and play with blowers. There's also a healthy aftermarket for the 4.6 already.

I tried to talk Kenny into it years ago but i think at the time he didn't want to piss of the wife with a Cobra parts car parked somewhere.

I dunno D i've looked every where on line and it seems like the Coyote is just about much as an 04 Cobra motor...... originally that was my thought but now i'm starting to see the Coyote's around the same money like 5k..... I talked to Kenny about it too about a year ago and he just wasnt having it, I kinda like the way the Termi's sound but he said he can't stand it....... I'm thinking Coyote is going to be the way i'll go I just know with this current motor if i start leaning on it to hard i'm going to be rebuilding again and I don't want to throw that kinda money away again......

chris91
08-01-2011, 03:59 PM
Here's Kurgan's first Coyote swapped Fox. Brad get that stroker running good and I bet youll be more than happy with that for a while. Then by the time you want more power the Coyote's will be cheaper.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1993-Mustang-Coupe-COYOTE-Swap-2011-5-0-MINT-/280714412745?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item415be202c9#ht_2482wt_1165

Pitbull1052
08-01-2011, 04:56 PM
I feel ya Chris and i'm sure I'll be happy with it for awhile but it's going to be super charged pretty soon and I'm going to be really close to the breaking point......... and I was thinking that over this coming winter i'd pick up a boss block or a 4 bolt aftermarket block and swap everything over but just crunching the numbers it's pretty close to a wash to do a Coyote swap.... So I thought id get some more accurate numbers I thought i'd see if any one on here had done it yet or was in the process of doing it.

thecollector
08-01-2011, 10:49 PM
Paul's had a coyote stuffed in a factory five 33' roadster up @ dave and buster's on Sunday during the TSMC show.

Pitbull1052
08-02-2011, 08:36 AM
Paul's had a coyote stuffed in a factory five 33' roadster up @ dave and buster's on Sunday during the TSMC show.

That would be sweet! I want to say SoCal did the first one

Pitbull1052
08-02-2011, 04:12 PM
Thought this was interesting 4 hours to do a Coyote swap and it looks like they didnt change the K member...... go to the last video at the bottom of the page.

http://www.fordracingpartsdirect.com/5_0L_412HP_2011_MUSTANG_CRATE_ENGINE_p/m-6007-m50.htm

beefcake
08-02-2011, 04:16 PM
Thought this was interesting 4 hours to do a Coyote swap and it looks like they didnt change the K member...... go to the last video at the bottom of the page.

http://www.fordracingpartsdirect.com/5_0L_412HP_2011_MUSTANG_CRATE_ENGINE_p/m-6007-m50.htm

I got to see that car at their shop when I was at the Atlanta race.

Pretty cool.

Pitbull1052
08-02-2011, 04:34 PM
I got to see that car at their shop when I was at the Atlanta race.

Pretty cool.

That's awesome did you look it over? I'm about 99% sure this is the way i'm going to go after I pay off a few things. I'm thinking tax time...........

beefcake
08-02-2011, 04:44 PM
That's awesome did you look it over? I'm about 99% sure this is the way i'm going to go after I pay off a few things. I'm thinking tax time...........

The motor wasn't in it yet. I got to see the first one they had completed with the vortech kit on it. They loaned me the spacer off of it.

They had that one sitting there waiting to go to paint.