Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
Dear Kenton Co [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Dear Kenton Co

85_SS_302_Coupe
07-24-2011, 03:46 AM
Thank you so much for the parking ticket i recieved yesterday evening. I was not aware that parking a car backwards was a violation. You see, thats the only way to get the front end of two cars together to jump start one, and i guess my wreckless side forgot to turn the car around the other way...OR maybe its because my car facing the other way has absolutely no impact on traffic, it doesnt impede traffic, and in fact it occupies the exact same amount of space so the only difference is what direction i pull out in. Anway, im happy to cover the tab for todays donuts. Have a bear claw on me and thanks for keeping the neighborhood safe from crazed parking maniacs like me.

DocG2828
07-24-2011, 02:13 PM
LMAO!

We gotta watch out for crazies like you out here. Go back to Cincy!

:D

zippy94
07-24-2011, 03:17 PM
i am guessing Erlanger right? They having nothing to do and it's getting down to the end of the month.

thecollector
07-26-2011, 01:00 PM
This is one of the most retarded things I've ever heard.

Pitbull1052
07-26-2011, 01:10 PM
Im not sure where all they do that but i know they do it in Cincy too......

Ranger50
07-26-2011, 02:13 PM
That is pretty much the rule everywhere. You are supposed to park in the direction of traffic flow.

I do agree it is a stupid rule, but nobody here can parallel park, so they take up like three spaces at once, plus block half of the lane pointing in the wrong direction.

85_SS_302_Coupe
07-26-2011, 03:18 PM
I could understand in certain road settings, but i'm 10 feet from my driveway and parked on the corner of a culdesac. It wasn't even that long..he had to just catch me after i went in and went to sleep...i didn't think it would be a big deal.

I guess i fail because i didn't take driver's ed, although i did walk in and take the written test and get 100%, then go and get a 95% on the driving part and the cop told me flat out "i just can't give you 100% on both".

fastone
07-26-2011, 04:18 PM
In Ky you can get a ticket for parking in or close to the start of a culdesac. So was it for parking the wrong way or parking in the fire lane?

85_SS_302_Coupe
07-26-2011, 05:58 PM
There is no fire lane? The ticket has a check in the box that says "wrong direction". It wouldn't surprise me if the same cop came back to give me a ticket about where i'm parked next time.

Oh well, his donut fund is about to dry up, i'm moving over to the other side of the neighborhood at the end of this week and i'll have a 2 car garage/driveway and enough parking to get my cars off the street.

Gstang117
07-26-2011, 09:19 PM
This is what you need to do when you find that cop.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8OXfGR4dgiY

Da Natti
07-26-2011, 11:24 PM
It has always been illegal to park the wrong way in kentucky we are not in britain! Right lane away from you, left lane toward you, if you park the opposite way of traffic you will get a ticket no matter the city i got one in Covington. I had a ticket before for that too, just pay it!

85_SS_302_Coupe
07-27-2011, 03:40 AM
Doesnt make it any less stupid. When someone tells me how this is unsafe, then ill understand. As far as im concerned its as stupid as a HOA ticket. "Just because we said so" is the only reason. GAY.

thecollector
07-28-2011, 04:20 PM
I misunderstood, I thought you backed into a sport perpindicular w/ the road. I do avoid parking the wrong direction on the street.
In fairfield they will also ticket you if any part of your car is over the sidewalk. Clearly this is important... FOR REVENUE.

85_SS_302_Coupe
07-29-2011, 12:45 PM
So i go to pay this ticket, which in and of itself is a monumental hassle. I get to the place, and they don't have change for two $20s. Ok, surely i'm not the ONLY person to pay a fine today? Ok, across the street to the gas station i go, which takes about 10 minutes just to cross the damned street.

I get there and i ask the nice middle eastern man if he could give me a 10 and two 5s for my 20. He says "i have no change". I sort of got taken by surprise by this and was a little lost for words, so i say "uh how do you not have change man you're standing in front of a register and i just saw you ring out that guy and you have all kinds of money in there" to which he simply replies "i have no change".

OK dickhead.

So i say "Wha..how the fu....ok if i buy something how the hell do you plan on giving me the rest of my money?" to which he says "oh then i have change".

OK DICKHEAD.

So i get a damned Gatoraid since it's 145 degrees outside, get ran up and get my magical change and he says (i'm not even kidding) "THANK YOU COME AGAIN" and i nearly pissed my pants, and just said "BLOW ME".

Pitbull1052
07-29-2011, 12:51 PM
So i go to pay this ticket, which in and of itself is a monumental hassle. I get to the place, and they don't have change for two $20s. Ok, surely i'm not the ONLY person to pay a fine today? Ok, across the street to the gas station i go, which takes about 10 minutes just to cross the damned street.

I get there and i ask the nice middle eastern man if he could give me a 10 and two 5s for my 20. He says "i have no change". I sort of got taken by surprise by this and was a little lost for words, so i say "uh how do you not have change man you're standing in front of a register and i just saw you ring out that guy and you have all kinds of money in there" to which he simply replies "i have no change".

OK dickhead.

So i say "Wha..how the fu....ok if i buy something how the hell do you plan on giving me the rest of my money?" to which he says "oh then i have change".

OK DICKHEAD.

So i get a damned Gatoraid since it's 145 degrees outside, get ran up and get my magical change and he says (i'm not even kidding) "THANK YOU COME AGAIN" and i nearly pissed my pants, and just said "BLOW ME".

D I don't know how you manage to do it but seems like nothing comes easy for you bro lol........ I use to live in Mt Washington and there's a Clark station on Salem I kid you not if i was in shorts and a T dude would be like hey buddy how you doing buddy o.k. thanks buddy everything was buddy..... same guy i'd go in on my way home from work in a shirt and tie and dude would be completely American sounding and would yes sir no sir me..... like WTF dude is profiling me..

85_SS_302_Coupe
07-29-2011, 01:39 PM
I swear there's a giant shit cloud following me overhead ready to rain down at any given moment. I seem to be a bullshit magnet. Every aspect of my life comes with a giant serving of bullshit. You'd think by now i would've acquired a taste for it.

Oh, and

http://s3.the-nri.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/apu-nahasapeemapetilon-simpsons.jpg

bestracing
08-03-2011, 12:10 PM
Just curious as to when the ticket was written. If it was early enough you could have called and said you got the citation because you were trying jump start another car and you went inside to get the cables and upon your return you saw the Ticket. Sometimes they will recend the ticket.

We've had people park on our hill the wrong way without another vehicle there and I've seen them ticketed. We have quite a few police officers in our neighborhood from all over Kenton County.

wolverine8490
08-03-2011, 12:42 PM
Had this happen to me, well actually my wife. Right in front of our house. Parking the wrong direction on a dead end street, as it really matters which direction the car is pointing. This was in Independence/Covington as well. But I think it was more because the cop that wrote the ticket had it out for me.

This happened after the same cop pulled me over and swore I ran from him one night. I was heading up hands pike hill at dark, when all the sudden headlights turned on behind me. Pull me over in crystal lake. Had me rev my engine, and swore it was me who ran. I was pulled over for almost 2 hours. 2nd cop showed up and everything. Ended up getting a ticket for "glaring headlights" (said it was illegal to drive with my fog lights on). Said he initially pulled me over for a dirty liscense plate cover. (Not one mention about questioning me about running from him on the ticket). Took it to court and the judge through it out within 2 minutes. Big waste of time.

Then, about 2 weeks after that he wrote my wife a ticket for expired tags. Only problem was, they were not expired. Called the chief of police, they "took care of that".

Then a week later, he wrote the ticket for the wrong direction parking. Needless to say, I called about every city official I could find. Told them to get this guy off my back or there would be problems. Never did see him driving up and down my street after that. His name was D. Brown.

85_SS_302_Coupe
08-03-2011, 03:50 PM
Just curious as to when the ticket was written. If it was early enough you could have called and said you got the citation because you were trying jump start another car and you went inside to get the cables and upon your return you saw the Ticket. Sometimes they will recend the ticket.

We've had people park on our hill the wrong way without another vehicle there and I've seen them ticketed. We have quite a few police officers in our neighborhood from all over Kenton County.

I guess it was on the 23rd if i remember right...two Saturdays ago.

Pitbull1052
08-03-2011, 03:55 PM
driving up and down my street after that. His name was D. Brown.

That would be officer Dodoo Brown :bigthumb

85_SS_302_Coupe
08-21-2011, 07:08 PM
Nevermind.

bestracing
08-22-2011, 11:58 AM
Did you just pay or get it recended? just curious is all

85_SS_302_Coupe
08-22-2011, 12:44 PM
Paid it. I made it a point to tell every officer who was there how retarded it was, and most of them actually agreed and said i should take it to court. I said well, honestly it's worth $25 to me to skip that whole hassle so no thanks. Had this been a more expensive ticket i would've gone to court.

One of my neighbors called the cops on me yesterday for parking my CV in the grass (MY grass) while i had the Mustang out. It was there for about 3 hours and someone called the cops. I'm not sure if it was the cop who lives across the street from me or the guy next door. I guess if that's how it's gonna be then i'll be sure to drive the 'stang to work at 3am everyday until snow hits the ground. I may also switch to dumped 1 chamber Flowmasters while i'm at it.

bestracing
08-23-2011, 09:19 AM
A person did that to my brother who lives in Taylor Mill. He had our nephew park in the grass in his front yard because they were moving cars around and just didn't put it back on the street yet. The cops show up saying that a complaint was called in. They just had to move but it still it wasn't like it was going to sit there overnight. Fortunately I have decent neighbors except for punk across the street that I supect is dealing drugs. People showing up at weird hours, not staying very long, not always the same people and I know of one kid (in my eyes) that is 4-6 years younger than him and is a pot smoker that would randomly walk over there and only be there for no longer than 10 minutes at weird hours. Just makes me nervous that some junky might lift something from me just to get high.

85_SS_302_Coupe
08-23-2011, 09:57 AM
Well some asshole stole my daughter's bouncy horse out of our back yard already. I thought this was a nicer neighborhood than i just moved from but i guess you white trash is everywhere. God help someone if i see it in their yard.