Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
long tube headers [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : long tube headers

setty2706
07-24-2011, 12:12 AM
I was curious what peoples thoughts if long tube headers are worth the headache? I am thinking about this as I move forward with buying parts..... Your thoughts?

chris91
07-24-2011, 12:28 AM
Definitely worth it. I put BBK's on mine and noticed a good difference afterwards. Not THAT hard to install either. Unbolt the motor mounts, take the steering rod loose, jack the engine up, and your good. Or if you happen to have the money to buy a tubular k member at the same time then itd be simple while having that off.

Jake
07-24-2011, 02:49 AM
a lot of manufacturers will not promise a perfect fit with verts though. something to do with the extra bracing or thicker crossmembers or something. no experience with it though, just something I have heard before.

dawsin94cobra
07-24-2011, 11:19 AM
worth it i loved them!

Gearhead
07-24-2011, 09:27 PM
Not worth it to me, unless you're making some high HP and looking for every last ounce of power. On the average street car, probably wouldn't even notice a difference....

On a set of long tube 1 5/8" BBK's, I had to move the steering column over, dent one of the tubes so it wouldn't rub the steering shaft, and cut down one of the lugs on the starter to get them to fit. Then the short h-pipe fit like ass, had to bend it quite a bit to fit.

chris91
07-24-2011, 09:33 PM
Not worth it to me, unless you're making some high HP and looking for every last ounce of power. On the average street car, probably wouldn't even notice a difference....

On a set of long tube 1 5/8" BBK's, I had to move the steering column over, dent one of the tubes so it wouldn't rub the steering shaft, and cut down one of the lugs on the starter to get them to fit. Then the short h-pipe fit like ass, had to bend it quite a bit to fit.

Woah, thats odd. Im running the same BBK's and didnt have to do any of that. My BBK X Pipe fit perfectly too. And power wise, if you're going to do headers at all then there is no question, LT's all the way.

setty2706
07-24-2011, 10:20 PM
Now you see why I posted this..I have heard good and bad with using Lts..my vert is just a fun street toy... Guess I will try a set out

2007ShelbyCobra
07-24-2011, 11:09 PM
I put a set on my 04, love em. I got ceramic coated 1 5/8 longtubes. Install was time consuming but easy, it all fit fine.

may93
07-24-2011, 11:53 PM
If your a serious drag racer the full length headers could be 2 or 3 tenths faster at the track. If it's a daily driver you wont feel the difference anyways. A set of shorty equal length headers with high flow cats or a offroad x-pipe would be a good compromise.

beefcake
07-25-2011, 09:08 AM
it's like anything, how fast do you want to spend.

I have some great deals on Stainless Works Stuff this month.

Let me know what ya need!