Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
Anyone got hookups on stereo equipment [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Anyone got hookups on stereo equipment

beefcake
07-05-2011, 09:31 AM
Sharad used to be the goto guy before he moved.

Looking to pick up something for the excursion with a little better sound, plus a screen for a back up cam.

cstreu1026
07-05-2011, 10:18 AM
I've always used Audio Works in Florence. Kevin is a hell of a nice guy to deal with.

Sharad
07-05-2011, 01:05 PM
Are you looking for a double din DVD with a backup camera? What year is the excursion?

beefcake
07-05-2011, 01:14 PM
Are you looking for a double din DVD with a backup camera? What year is the excursion?

2000, i don't know what double din means though,

back up cam, maybe dvd

Brandon Alsept
07-05-2011, 01:32 PM
I am looking for stuff for a F350 also so what ya got Sharad. Just wanting something for indash with DVD, and Sirius radio.

beefcake
07-05-2011, 01:35 PM
I am looking for stuff for a F350 also so what ya got Sharad. Just wanting something for indash with DVD, and Sirius radio.

Brandons F350 is a 2000 as well btw, i think the dash setups are the same.

Get him a back up cam too for that long bed, lol!

Brandon Alsept
07-05-2011, 01:45 PM
Brandons F350 is a 2000 as well btw, i think the dash setups are the same.

Get him a back up cam too for that long bed, lol!

LOL no need for backup cam. I have mirrors. Oh and its a 01 also LOL

beefcake
07-05-2011, 01:46 PM
LOL no need for backup cam. I have mirrors. Oh and its a 01 also LOL

whateverl lmao

Carl
07-05-2011, 01:49 PM
Yes, you are going to want a double din. You may have to trim a little bit of the dash(you won't see it), but it fits.

beefcake
07-05-2011, 01:54 PM
Yes, you are going to want a double din. You may have to trim a little bit of the dash(you won't see it), but it fits.

the factory place is pretty decent size.

need to get the bypass for the dvd as well, lol

Brandon Alsept
07-05-2011, 02:12 PM
the factory place is pretty decent size.

need to get the bypass for the dvd as well, lol

That sir is illegal LOL

we just have to jump a wire :bigthumb

Black92LX
07-05-2011, 04:16 PM
If you have an iPhone or a Touch I think you may want to look at the new Pioneer App Radio.
http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Car/AppRadio

Not sure on the hook up side of things but Amazon has it for $395.

I am currently running an Alpine Media Interface that is the same principal just does not have direct access and control of the apps (except for the iPod video and audio).
It's also a few years old but I am looking to the Appradio as a repalcement here real soon.

At $400 and uses the apps (supported) on my phone.
So for $400 bucks I get phone use, bluetooth, navigation, pandora, netflix and much more.

beefcake
07-05-2011, 04:33 PM
If you have an iPhone or a Touch I think you may want to look at the new Pioneer App Radio.
http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Car/AppRadio

Not sure on the hook up side of things but Amazon has it for $395.

I am currently running an Alpine Media Interface that is the same principal just does not have direct access and control of the apps (except for the iPod video and audio).
It's also a few years old but I am looking to the Appradio as a repalcement here real soon.

At $400 and uses the apps (supported) on my phone.
So for $400 bucks I get phone use, bluetooth, navigation, pandora, netflix and much more.

i use the droid system, but have netflix. i tether my laptop off my phone, would be awesome to be able to do that with the stereo

2Kblacksleeper
07-05-2011, 05:29 PM
Your next mod would be a bath room so you never had to leave your excursion. Lol

WCKDGT
07-05-2011, 05:43 PM
i got the pioneer avh-3200bt in my stang. the bluetooth is awesome and you can hook up a camera if you want

beefcake
07-05-2011, 05:53 PM
i got the pioneer avh-3200bt in my stang. the bluetooth is awesome and you can hook up a camera if you want

holy crap, is that like 2k?

WCKDGT
07-05-2011, 06:22 PM
holy crap, is that like 2k?

2000 dollars?

beefcake
07-05-2011, 06:43 PM
2000 dollars?

the first site i clicked on had it listed for 2k, all the others are much cheaper lol

WCKDGT
07-05-2011, 06:44 PM
i got it off ebay for 315 brand new in box

cobrajoe
07-05-2011, 07:05 PM
Subscribing

Black92LX
07-05-2011, 07:56 PM
i use the droid system, but have netflix. i tether my laptop off my phone, would be awesome to be able to do that with the stereo

Droid version is due for release in a month or so. A backup camera can be added to it as well.

Sharad
07-06-2011, 01:22 PM
I'm still amicable with the shop I left in Ky, so I can have them ship you the DVD & parts at a discount like last time. I just need to see what good sales are going right now... I'll let you guys know. (Terry and Brandon)

beefcake
07-06-2011, 01:24 PM
I'm still amicable with the shop I left in Ky, so I can have them ship you the DVD & parts at a discount like last time. I just need to see what good sales are going right now... I'll let you guys know. (Terry and Brandon)

thanks lemme know

Brandon Alsept
07-06-2011, 01:36 PM

Thanks Sharad ;)

5.0calypso93lx
07-06-2011, 08:25 PM
I'm hoping to pick up a z120bt for the Lightning soon Terry. They are very cool units:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NG3lSuL477s

I had an older model in my 02 Ranger and it was awesome. The nav and bluetooth through the speakers were really handy.

Timido
07-07-2011, 08:31 PM
Sharad ever use a JL Clean Sweep or any other sound processor. My WRX has blue tooth steering wheel controls USB ports and AUX inputs. The FM Radio sounds like CRAP put a CD in or Pandora Radio its sounds really good.

Sharad
07-08-2011, 04:54 PM
thanks lemme know

Thanks Sharad ;)

No problem, I just called the shop and the owners were out doing installs but my friend curt that holds down the fort when they are away said they didn't have any special buys in stock, but there's still a chance I can call Brian (one of the owners) and find out about any big discounts that are available for this month. Even if they need to be shipped, it can usually be done quickly.

Do you guys both want NAV or just DVD?

Sharad ever use a JL Clean Sweep or any other sound processor. My WRX has blue tooth steering wheel controls USB ports and AUX inputs. The FM Radio sounds like CRAP put a CD in or Pandora Radio its sounds really good.

The only time I used a Clean Sweep was on a Cadillac with a bose system and it was a disaster. I wasn't happy with it at all. I've had good luck with Audio Control processors, but I'm not sure that that's the best solution to your bad FM situation. You're in Cincy right? Is HD radio an option? They have stand alone controllers and I'm sure most of the stations in Cincy have HD broadcasts?

Brandon Alsept
07-08-2011, 05:07 PM
No problem, I just called the shop and the owners were out doing installs but my friend curt that holds down the fort when they are away said they didn't have any special buys in stock, but there's still a chance I can call Brian (one of the owners) and find out about any big discounts that are available for this month. Even if they need to be shipped, it can usually be done quickly.

Do you guys both want NAV or just DVD?

?

I am just wanting DVD and Sirius on mine. Thanks