Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
how to get something street legal [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : how to get something street legal

sean
07-04-2011, 01:29 PM
I have my honda 350r odyssey and was thinking about trying to get it street legal. It has more than enough speed and its safer than any motorcycle out there. I know the head light, brake light, signals, and brakes stuff. I dont think a windshield is required as motorcycles dont have them. Who would i talk to to see if this is possible? Be kinda fun to run to the store in it or just drive it to some of the local trails. Any ideas? It has a vin etched on the frame and I would think I could use that to get a title.

Xowner
07-04-2011, 01:45 PM
Are the rear diffs locked in those? If so your screwed

thecollector
07-04-2011, 01:49 PM
You'll also need DOT rated rubber to pass an inspection, regular knobbies won't fly. I drove a kawasaki mule around for the longest time w/ a bale of hay in the bed and an orange triangle riveted to the tailgate using an ag loophole. Worked great till my commercial plow accounts picked up:)

sean
07-04-2011, 01:53 PM
Are the rear diffs locked in those? If so your screwed

Not sure. I think they may be. Is that a deal breaker?

sean
07-04-2011, 01:54 PM
You'll also need DOT rated rubber to pass an inspection, regular knobbies won't fly. I drove a kawasaki mule around for the longest time w/ a bale of hay in the bed and an orange triangle riveted to the tailgate using an ag loophole. Worked great till my commercial plow accounts picked up:)

I looked on the ohio state law and there is no stipulation in tires. I can get the tires but it looks like if I wanted to ruin the new off road tires that are on it now I could.

inferno50
07-04-2011, 03:10 PM
I would call the state highway patrol out in sharonville. I know htey inspect the salvage cars and the homebuilt bikes for license.

dawsin94cobra
07-05-2011, 10:16 AM
I wish I could have made my banshee street legal

thecollector
07-06-2011, 03:59 PM
I looked on the ohio state law and there is no stipulation in tires. I can get the tires but it looks like if I wanted to ruin the new off road tires that are on it now I could.

Tires that are not approved by DOT are not allowed on public roads, not sure if its vehicle code or @ what level its enforced. Helped a friend build a dune buggy and he got declined @ inspection for not having dot rubber.

Its like seatbelts, a member on this board was cited for not wearing his seatbelt. He had a 5 point harness on that far exceeded the stockers but still received a ticket cause it wasn't dot approved. Safety equipment, lights, tires etc fall under heavy scrutiny at an inspection.

03z06vette
07-06-2011, 04:47 PM
Sean go up to Extream golf carts he builds street legal carts and minis. He can point you in the right direction!!

sean
07-06-2011, 04:54 PM
Cool. Tom did you get my pm?