Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
Saleen S281 Series IV dyno results [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Saleen S281 Series IV dyno results

2kSVT
07-01-2011, 11:06 PM
I would like to thank Jeff at Precision for going the extra mile and making sure the car ran great. I installed a Saleen Series IV (Lysholm 1.6 twin screw) to replace the Series I (Eaton m90). My guess is that the car made around 300 whp at 10# of boost on the Series I. This is purely a guess. The car went 13.01 at 107.8 on crappy street tires with 3.27 gears with the Series I. 2007shelbycobra was kind enough to post me losing (barely) to his Mach I on youtube. I upgraded to everything in my sig. Unfortunately the 160-180* intake air temps kept me from my goal of 400 whp. With some type mod to lower intake temps I may get another 20-30 hp. The best it made was 355whp/388tq. I think 3.73 are my next mod, so Harry savor the flavor, cause it won't happen again! lol
Not the best run, but close to the high numbers.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v627/2kSVT/saleendynosheet001.jpg

Rod

Rich
07-01-2011, 11:25 PM
E-85 will be you friend!

9cobra4
07-02-2011, 06:17 AM
I think you'll need a little more than lower IAT's to make 400rwhp lol I may be mistaken, but I don't think the warm air can suck 45rwhp away. I know it's an issue on blower cars, but I didn't think it made that much of a difference. Either way, you've got a badass street car that has good power to go with the looks.

denial
07-02-2011, 08:46 AM
Ya, get the IAT's down and you should make close to 400 easy. Looks great!

2kSVT
07-02-2011, 09:43 AM
The stock intercooler is horribly inefficient. I could do a Snow kit or Chicane makes an intercooler that is a much better design. The problem is they are $800 and their are only a few out there. The owner of Chicane died some time ago, so these are extinct. The car starts pulling timing after IAT's reach 150*. Jeff made one pull cold and the IAT went from 100* to 150* in one pull. The car saw as high as 180* after a few pulls. If I could get temps to stay about 120-130*, much like Cobra guys, then timing can be added thus more power. This pull it made 10# of boost. Per the Pulley Boys site, the 2.8 can make 11-13 #, so cooler air should make better boost. The Turbo Contour SVT would make close to 12# in the fall. But it hated the summer. There are several guys on the Saleen boards with similar mods that are 375-400whp..although as we all know numbers can be twisted. My number is a legit one. So it looks good and goes in the 12's..good enough. Thanks Denial for compliment. I'm driving it to Mustang Week in Myrtle Beach this year.

9cobra4
07-02-2011, 02:19 PM
I stand corrected.

2007ShelbyCobra
07-02-2011, 10:21 PM
Ill have my car tuned on the 14th, we'll have to line them up while im on my drag radials :)

2kSVT
07-03-2011, 03:06 PM
I saw the video..u did bust me off the line. Mine spun badly last year. I almost caught you up top. You car runs real good. I have new tires and more power this year. It would be fun to line up again.

Dirtyd0g
07-03-2011, 03:12 PM
Glad to hear Jeff took good care of you, I'll look forward to seeing him again at this years annual Supercoupe Shootout.
Alan

2kSVT
07-04-2011, 09:09 PM
I ran into an issue coming home from Huber Heights fireworks the other night. Let me pick the brains of you more knowledgeable guys. I waited until most were gone to even start the car. I was in stop and go traffic for about a mile/10 min. tops. Traffic moves..I move forward and the car starts to chug like an old tractor! I immediately pull into a lot and shut it off. I pop the hood and everything is HOT. The intake tube was even hot to the touch. I let is sit for 45 minutes. I even had a tow truck guy give me a bag of ice to cool down the blower. I limp it home-2 miles. Next morning it is hard to start..turns over finally starts surging and crap/id;e surge. I pulled the neg. battery, same thing. If you ease into the throttle it picks up RPM..the second you stab it :waaaammp falls on it's face.?? I spoke to Jeff and he wants me to check fuel rail pressure. I don't have a tool to check it so I have to find some help. I did install the supercar pump..maybe kink in hose/hole in hose/who knows. Any thoughts...anyone in Huber with a gauge to test the pressure?
Discuss

djom1cincy
07-05-2011, 05:33 PM
You installed the Ford gt pump? What tank you running? The reason I ask is because I had one on my mach 1 for a little bit at the advice of a shop. They said oh yeah that pumps great. The day I picked up my car driving it down the highway it had no power. I wad to run it in forth gear on the highway just to make it back to the shop. They thought maybe it was a bad pump and swapped it out. Same thing a week later. After them having my car for a week and running it to check things out I get the car back and a big bill. Well a few weeks later same deal. Car has no power and acts likes its out of gas even with half a tank. Had to have the car towed this time. Car was in the shop for another week. Switched pumps and still low fuel pressure. They couldn't figure out why but the gt pumps wouldn't work with the stock tank on a gt or mach 1. I had them slap the stock pump back in and never had a problem.

2kSVT
07-06-2011, 12:02 AM
@ Dj..the guy (Blackout) on here had it on a turbo GT. I think he had it in a GT tank for awhile with no issues. I trailered it to Precision tonight. He is gonna check the fuel pressure. He thinks there may be a problem with the hose inside the tank. I asked te parts store for high pressure submersible..but it may not have been the right stuff. If the pressure is off, he is gonna drop the tank and double check my install. I'll keep you posted.

2kSVT
07-07-2011, 04:25 PM
The fuel line I bought disintegrated!! Jeff said it fell apart when he pulled the hat off. New (correct) fuel line and he said it runs great. thumbs up