Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
Portable Battery Chargers [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Portable Battery Chargers

beefcake
06-10-2011, 11:43 AM
Looking for something to cart around to the track that I can hook to the battery when I'm running my fans between runs to help keep the battery up.

Any recommendations?

I found this one at sears, but it has mixed reviews

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_02871988000P?mv=rr

of course alot of them are "charged 3 months ago, and was unable to jump my car" kind of stuff

it has a usb, and a couple dc ports

it has an air hose on it as well

heyitsmepugsley
06-10-2011, 12:07 PM
iv never used that spicific one but iv used the portable jump boxes and they are very nice... however at work we have a jump battery that supprisingly last awhile before needing charged. we just took a car batt and cut about 2 feet off a set of old jumper cables put terminals on the cables and bolted on and thats what we use.

Brandon Alsept
06-10-2011, 12:31 PM
Just buy a honda EU1000 and get a plug in charger and you will be set ;)

beefcake
06-10-2011, 01:02 PM
i think i'm gonna give the little sears thing a try and see how she does. It'll be good for the staging lanes at nmra if you get stuck for an hour or so and need more air in the tires too

Dirtyd0g
06-10-2011, 04:25 PM
Seems overkill to me I have a 30 yr old shumacher 2amp/6amp 6v/12v battery charger that works great. Actually I left it sitting charging my sea doo and a storm came by. It was completely underwater and still working. My dad gave it to me and I have used it at least once a week for at least 15 years.
Alan