Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
Auto cross Batavia Ford [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Auto cross Batavia Ford

duststang
06-09-2011, 07:02 AM
anyone do any auto cross? I was driving by UC (old Ford plant) in Batavia and seen a bunch of really nice cars racing. I had to stop and check it out! This looks really cool, everyone was really nice and some people will let you ride with them. It appears that they will let you race pretty much anything. I think there is another one soon. I would love to try it out!

CNTLOSE
06-09-2011, 08:05 AM
I did for several years up until 2003. Autocross can be a blast and is a great way to learn about your car and what it can and can not do. My Dad had been doing it since the early 80's and when I got my temps in 1992 he let me come out with him. To get serious about though you will need to invest in some good sticky tires...or just go out and have fun with your stock car.

Moody
06-09-2011, 11:04 AM
Hmm I been kicking around the ideal about doing it. But I have no clue who to talk to. Or what car to use

pegasus
06-09-2011, 11:43 AM
when do they do it weekly monthly yearly??

04 Venom
06-09-2011, 12:10 PM
when do they do it weekly monthly yearly??

Check the Cincinnati SCCA website for the schedule.

CNTLOSE
06-09-2011, 04:44 PM
Hmm I been kicking around the ideal about doing it. But I have no clue who to talk to. Or what car to use

Go to the website and find the next event. Then just show up and register as a novice. They will walk you around and give you some basics to get started with. Good Luck!

Mista Bone
06-09-2011, 05:10 PM
Go to the website and find the next event. Then just show up and register as a novice. They will walk you around and give you some basics to get started with. Good Luck!

Unless Wilmington sells out again, I think they will have 115 car limit next event which happens to be same weekend as Moody's meet.

Black Horse
06-09-2011, 09:51 PM
Auto-X is a lot of fun. As a novice you don't need anything more than your daily driver. You will quickly discover how much handling even that car has. The more power and handling the quicker you will be whacking cones.

Check out the SCCA website (www.cincyscca.com) - you might want to read the rules and try to figure out what class you will best fit into. They try to group like vehicles as much as possible to keep things fair. The rules will also spell out what you will need for tech (including helmet, etc.)

Be prepared to get there early to walk the course. You will also man a station around the course to shag cones when someone plows one or two over. Its a great way to meet new folks and have a great time.

When you register let them know you are a newbie and they will get someone to show you the ropes.

Good luck, have fun!

sean
06-09-2011, 10:20 PM
This also makes it ok to own a miata... Which I do.

Pitbull1052
06-10-2011, 07:40 AM
This also makes it ok to own a miata... Which I do.

still doesnt make it o.k. to tell everyone you own one lol j/k seems like road racing is getting bigger on the east side wish i'd known i'd checked it out.

pegasus
06-10-2011, 11:30 AM
Unless Wilmington sells out again, I think they will have 115 car limit next event which happens to be same weekend as Moody's meet.

my car probly wont be setup by then anyway:(

sean
06-10-2011, 02:15 PM
still doesnt make it o.k. to tell everyone you own one lol j/k seems like road racing is getting bigger on the east side wish i'd known i'd checked it out.

Hello, my names sean and I own a miata. The first step is admitting it. Lol
The clown car makes a killer pizza delivery car.

Pitbull1052
06-10-2011, 02:18 PM

First step is tinting the windows
second step leaving the top up
thrid step deny deny deny!!!!!!

lol j/k and hell yea I bet it does

sean
06-10-2011, 02:51 PM
First step is to marry someone way hotter than anyone you should be able to get. Have a child... Then when you have proven your not gay go get a smurf blue miata. Check.. Check... Checkety check. Lol

Moody
06-10-2011, 03:15 PM
Thanks for the info. I know they were having some legal issues for the thing in Wilmington. DHL is only a cruise through town and the bypass is nice and new. It's about 15 minutes from my place

Black Horse
06-10-2011, 05:48 PM

You are one sawsall away from competing in Spec Miata!

sean
06-10-2011, 05:52 PM
You are one sawsall away from competing in Spec Miata!

lol. I had a really cool scca miata a few years ago. Top was gone on that one. I hated it. Was always afraid to any where far away in fear of rain. lol It was a nasty little cornering car.