Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
What is it worth? 92 fox with 331 [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : What is it worth? 92 fox with 331

golfer11287
06-08-2011, 11:47 AM
Hey guys. I might be trying to work a trade with my SVT Focus for this Foxbody and wanted to know what you guys think it's worth. Any input is appreciated. Thanks.

FS or Trade. This is a highly modified, street oriented car w Original Paint Made to be as reliable as possible and can be driven in any season. It isn’t a show car but as the pictures show, it can be dressed up. Runs on 93 octane and weighs 2830lbs. Runs 11.8 at 119 N/A on pump two years ago. I wax it weekly and drive cross-country with the car and really do not want to part with it. This is a clean car done right and will keep its value if treated properly for years to come.

Clean survivor of the Fox era
Model: Ford Mustang Lx Hatchback
Engine: Fuel Injected Built 5.5L
Trans: Built AOD w/ Custom Valve Body
Miles: Body--44,xxx (could mean 144,xxx with rollover)
Trans--3,xxx
Motor--35,xxx
Owners Before Me: 2
Weight: 2920lb (no driver or audio)

Dyno-Tuned: Big 3 Racing---2 tunes
(race gas/ conservative daily driver) 420whp and 390whp respectively
Engine Built: K&B Racing (Ohio)
Trans Built: Jesse Lewis Transmission
Extra Mods: Hiren Auto installation (ft. Wayne)

Engine:
Production "xxx" Roller Block
331ci Probe “Street Fighter” Stroker kit
Forged 4340 H Beam Rods
Forged Pistons (11.1/1)
Forged “SF” Crank
CL77 Engine Bearings
Block is cyro Frozen for strength
AFR Heads 185cc Flow
High Pressure Oil Pump
High Volume Water Pump
Eiddlebrock performer RPM II Intake Manifold
BBK 70mm BBK Throttle Body
70mm Mass Air Conversion Kit
MSD 6A Kit
MSD Blaster coil w/ Harness (full ignition)
MSD Racing Spark Plug Wires
BBK Cold Air Fender Intake System
Brand New A/C Delete Pulley
Heater works great
New Balanced Pullies
New OEM Belt Tensioner
K&N Air Filter
Custom Ground Cam by “Comp Cams”
New FelPro Gaskets with Build
New Rockers (Builder Preference)
FRPP 30# Injectors
190 l/h upgraded Fuel Pump
Electric Fan
(temp at 150F during dd status)
Fan runs all the time
Smog is removed
High torque Starter
Ford Cobra Valve Covers
Stock Radiator
11.1/1 compression
New Rings
Oil Dress-up Kit
Radiator chrome cover
All New Radiator Hoses
New OEM Starter Solonoid
New OEM Block mounted Starter
Radiator Chrome Cap
Ford Racing Oil Cap
All New support and bolts for radiator
Brand New Red-Top Duralast Battery (Deep Cell)
Motor Broken in with Brad Penn Racing Oil
Motorcraft Oil Filter changed every 5,000 miles
Mobil One 5w 30 Changed every 2,000 miles
Peak Antifreeze 50/50 Blend

Trans:
Stock Aod shell: (Cyro Frozen)
'A" Servo (racing built)
Contains overdrive (OD)
New custom torque converter (Nitrous in mind)
Moser 33 Spline Axel
Kevlar Gears (even O/D)
All Cyro-Frozen
New Trans Synchronizers
Ford Motorsport Wide Ratio Upgrade Kit
ReCal-Pro™ AOD valve body recalibration
B&M handle/Shifter
Rated at 600 ft/lbs Torque
3500 Stall (Street Friendly, keep traction)

Suspension:
Rebuilt/Strengthened Ford 8.8 Rear End
Custom Length Driveshaft
4.10 FRRP Gears
Steeda Drag Racing Springs
Stock Brakes (plan on new pads soon (Hawks))
(Front Disc and Rear Drums)
Poly Engine Mounts
Lower control arms
BMR Sub frame Connectors
Heavy-duty Rear Antiroll Bar
Rear Control Arms
Front Antiroll bar removed
Koni Shocks

Wheels:
Weld racing Rims
Mickey T Drag Radials
(275 D/R Rear/116 Skinnies Front)
Front are brand new all season Tires
Rear have 70% Life Left
Exhaust:
Long Tube Headers (BBK)
Aftermarket H Pipe
Dumped Flomaster 40’s (before axel)

Body:
93 Cobra Wing
2 inch Cowl Hood w/ rear vents
Tinted rear headlights
OEM Front Headlights
Front Cobra Horse air inlet
Original Paint (waxed almost weekly)

Interior:
Autometer for Oil/water temp
Pillar mount for above gauges
Autometer Monster Tach w/ Memory
Autometer Shift Light (6400rpm)
Switch in glovebox for tunes
93 cobra door panels (leather)
Some very nice Fox Seats (Leather Siding, good condition)
Electric locks
Cruise Control Works
Automatic windows (Not Stock)
Bellatronics Radar B155 detector
Alpine Headunit w/ Ipod connect Cable
0-140mph Ford Gauges
Garmin GPS (comes if I get asking price)
2 10 inch Road thunder MTX Subs w/ Tweekers
Vented box with amp mounted on back
1000 Watt Crunch Amp
Monster Wiring (8 gauge) all hidden

The car is a clean daily driver. It is made for every season except winter and has been generally babied. The paint is original and shows you a view of it’s past care. It is not perfect but again we are talking about a car that is 19 years old. So this is just rare. There are two small spots of rust, one on the passenger kicker panel that is sealed, and one on the back hatch that is small enough you can barely see it in the pictures. Both are contained and combined with storage, are not an immediate problem.

The car runs slightly rich to safely tune it for daily drivability. This is only realized when it is very cold and the computer pulls the timing. It was tuned with daily driving in mind and I drive it every clear day I get and never been stranded or had a problem. Heat works great and overdrive allows you to be at 2400RPM at 75mph. It pulls hard and even has a race gas tune available on tap in the glove box (switch with numbered tunes). Combine a small shot of nitrous and you can drive to the track, pull a 10 second mile on race gas, then cruise home to the tune of 24mpg in overdrive. It is not an immaculate show car nor a race/track car. It is a little of both. The time spent completing this car are huge and the money is nearing $25,000.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y137/DJPJ/Car%20Pics/DSC_8520.jpg

cobra429boss
06-08-2011, 12:14 PM
5-10k depends on the buyer

satan jamez
06-08-2011, 12:51 PM
I'd rock that around for sure. Change the wheels and good to go for a DD.

Pitbull1052
06-08-2011, 01:02 PM
any dyno sheets? I'd have to call BS on the gas milage...... and i'd say about a $6500 car.....

golfer11287
06-08-2011, 01:16 PM
Thanks for help so far guys. He didn't post dyno sheets on the listing but said he has them. The mileage does seem a little high to me too.

Anyone else?

mustangboy
06-08-2011, 01:17 PM
That car has been for sale for a while on corral, not sure why it hasn't sold as it looks like a nice car. I also call bs on the gas mileage probably 15mgp at best. Also I don't know what dyno he is using but I call bs on the hp #'s as well. I seriously doubt he is putting down 420 thru a aod.

draggin50
06-08-2011, 01:39 PM
Maybe flywheel hp... Id say 6500 myself. Alot of real nice fast proven cars out there going for 10K to 12K.

Pitbull1052
06-08-2011, 01:47 PM
That car has been for sale for a while on corral, not sure why it hasn't sold as it looks like a nice car. I also call bs on the gas mileage probably 15mgp at best. Also I don't know what dyno he is using but I call bs on the hp #'s as well. I seriously doubt he is putting down 420 thru a aod.

I thought the same thing too Kenny... what did yours put down?

sean
06-08-2011, 02:08 PM
I have had a few fox bodies offered up to me for my gt. There arent to many fox body cars out there worth 8000 to 10000. The ones that are you dont have to ask if they are worth it. I get a bit concerned when I see waxed weekley, never seen rain, gets unusually high mpg, dyno claims with no proof, and low low miles on a 5 digit odom. Now this one only has 3 ot those. The claimed mpg is bs unless hes coming out of the mointains coasting, waxed daily is just stupid, and he needs to provide the dyno sheet.
It looks nice but you may want to get a little extra money on top of your car. That and I just dont like automatics.. lol

Pitbull1052
06-08-2011, 02:28 PM
I have had a few fox bodies offered up to me for my gt. There arent to many fox body cars out there worth 8000 to 10000. The ones that are you dont have to ask if they are worth it. I get a bit concerned when I see waxed weekley, never seen rain, gets unusually high mpg, dyno claims with no proof, and low low miles on a 5 digit odom. Now this one only has 3 ot those. The claimed mpg is bs unless hes coming out of the mointains coasting, waxed daily is just stupid, and he needs to provide the dyno sheet.
It looks nice but you may want to get a little extra money on top of your car. That and I just dont like automatics.. lol

I use to have a black 96 GT that I used quick detailer on it daily but then again i didnt have a garage and well it was Black lol

sean
06-08-2011, 02:36 PM
I use to have a black 96 GT that I used quick detailer on it daily but then again i didnt have a garage and well it was Black lol

I hit my bike every time before I take it out of the garage. a full wax weekly is pointless. Use a good wax and all you need to do is wash the car weekly. Spot wax and clean is fine for the bird poop I guess.
This guy seems pretty straight up but with a few bs remarks.

blown96cobra
06-08-2011, 02:36 PM
6-8k depending on how much of that he can back up. I it's all true and documented I'd say closer to 8k. If it's all bullshit. I'd give him a swift kick in the ass for wasting my time. Just my .02

03z06vette
06-08-2011, 03:09 PM
Personally i wouldnt do the trade. The focus is going to be worth more. If you do the trade, part it out make 5k and make it stock.....

golfer11287
06-08-2011, 03:41 PM
Thanks for the advice guys! I'm going to pass on the trade. I don't think he will add the necessary cash on top to make the trade worthwhile for me. Plus I need something that's more daily driver friendly mileage wise, and the questions about the numbers and such makes it not worth it in my eyes.

About the detailing, I don't see the point in weekly waxing. I do detailing on the side and would never wax my personal car more than once a month or every six weeks. As long as you have a good wax, it'll last 3 months or more in daily driving conditions. I used Meguiars M21 or M16 (depending on my mood and patience with the pure carnuba... hah) and they leave a great shine with beading for months.

Now, someone needs to buy my SVT so I can get what I want... hah

cobraman302
06-08-2011, 04:50 PM
I offered that guy $7500 cash money in March and he turned it down. Its a nice car, has a couple rust spots to fix (hatch and door ledge). But it seems like a strong/solid car. I personally hate how he spent the money on the stereo system even though its rusting....doesn't make any sense to me. I passed on a larger offer.