Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
Blew a coolant hose off. [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Blew a coolant hose off.

Kevin1989
06-03-2011, 12:02 AM
im pretty sure this is probably a dumb question but on the way home from easy street, i got off the highway and i got to a stop light all is fine and dandy. Well light turns green i dont see anyone around so i left pretty hard... went al the way up to third gear. well i look back down to see my speed and i notice the temp is like 250 and i have lost heat. i coasted home and found out i blew the upper radiator hose off, right when it got hot the car started running like complete dog shit it was almost like a vacume leak, surging at idle and almost died a few time. other than the obvious (99% sure that hose clamp was tight) think the T stat could have frozen? or what could have happend???

WHYTRY
06-03-2011, 01:00 AM
prolly blew a head gasket..... or are about too with it gettin that hot an the heads being aluminum it dont take much to hurt em.

sean
06-03-2011, 01:19 AM
Could be a few things. Check all your fluids and make sure they look and smell the way they should and replact the t stat.

Kevin1989
06-03-2011, 07:29 AM
prolly blew a head gasket..... or are about too with it gettin that hot an the heads being aluminum it dont take much to hurt em.

Well i dont think it got that hot, it wasnt BLAZING when i opened the hood there wasnt any coolant in it so im sure it got hot but 250 is hard to see.

Sean im going to try to find time after work to drain the oil and make sute there is no cooland in it. im praying that thier isnt because i really dont wanna take the heads off the car in the middle of summer.

Stangman
06-03-2011, 07:51 AM
My black car did that twice... once with the upper hose... once with the lower hose. Couple months apart. Clamps were 100% tight last time I serviced the car...

Dunno why it did it... 230,000 mile hoses maybe? Idk... they aren't soft and in need of replacement

facemelter71
06-03-2011, 08:01 AM
Radiator cap got stuck? Those are supposed to vent above a certain pressure,usually around 15psi. Maybe the vent got stuck,caused high pressure and popped the hose off.

Kevin1989
06-03-2011, 09:44 AM
I just talked to my buddy he's a mechanic at Ford. More than likely the vent cap fail and the hoses are too soft. And I know the hoses are pretty soft so that's most likely the issue. Now I need an under the hood detail... Any takers????

WHYTRY
06-03-2011, 11:27 AM
you said it was runnin like shit so im thinkin a head gasket.. a hose isnt gonna cause that.

SCHMUCKINGHAM
06-03-2011, 11:39 AM
you said it was runnin like shit so im thinkin a head gasket.. a hose isnt gonna cause that.

Well it is now that it got really warm hahah.

Kevin1989
06-03-2011, 03:50 PM
Well it is now that it got really warm hahah.

well my point is it wasn't that hot under the hood, if there isn't coolant going to the temp sensor it's gonna get fucked up readings. I don't see why it would have just randomly blown a head gasket... It doesn't make any power lol

jad0087
06-03-2011, 03:52 PM
look at your dipstick and see if it mixed!!!

SCHMUCKINGHAM
06-03-2011, 03:53 PM
well my point is it wasn't that hot under the hood, if there isn't coolant going to the temp sensor it's gonna get fucked up readings. I don't see why it would have just randomly blown a head gasket... It doesn't make any power lol

Either it popped a head gasket causing a lot of pressure BEFORE the radiator hose popped off or it popped off and got real hot causing a gasket to pop. If your gauge was reading 250 its was way hot somehwere

5.0calypso93lx
06-03-2011, 04:01 PM
Ask Walter what the fix is lol

black90lx
06-03-2011, 04:13 PM
i have blown atleast 4 headgaskets and never had water in the oil.

jad0087
06-03-2011, 04:15 PM
everyone we have blown has haha, thats the first thing we check

black90lx
06-04-2011, 01:11 PM
everyone we have blown has haha, thats the first thing we check

i have had to take the spark plugs out of my heads to pump the water out the cyliders in the coupe i had. i went top start it one mourning and it wouldnt turn over, i thought it was locked up so i tried to spin the motor over by hand and it would spin backwards. so i took a plug out and water poured out of the plug hole. thats how i found out i had a blown headgasket and there was never water in the oil. i also blew a few in the pink car with 19lb inj and powerdyne on 6lbs, it would only blow them if hit the rev limiter and it never got water in the oil. lol

sean
06-04-2011, 04:13 PM
Well dammmit kevin. Whats up with the car? Pressure test it or anything yet?

Kevin1989
06-04-2011, 06:49 PM
i havent touched it, i got off work at 7 ond friday and had to be back at work 5 am today i just woke up from a nap, and it dont think ill get to it till tomorrow.

black90lx
06-04-2011, 10:37 PM
get away from that girl and get it done. there all baad news i'm telling ya!

WHYTRY
06-04-2011, 11:30 PM

yep. cars an money are the main things in life lol

Kevin1989
06-05-2011, 05:22 AM

haha what a dick

black90lx
06-05-2011, 12:54 PM
Next thing you know she will be telling you to sell your car. But seriously you need to tear it apart a.s.a.p before your cylinders start rusting if it does have a blown headgasket and there is coolant in there.

Kevin1989
06-05-2011, 01:04 PM
Next thing you know she will be telling you to sell your car. But seriously you need to tear it apart a.s.a.p before your cylinders start rusting if it does have a blown headgasket and there is coolant in there.

come over and do it! im gonna go check the oil here in a minute and see what the dip stick shows

Kevin1989
06-05-2011, 01:24 PM
come over and do it! im gonna go check the oil here in a minute and see what the dip stick shows

just let it idle for a minute while i put coolant in it. drove it up the street didnt have a studder in its step at all, i think it was running like shit because of a vaccume leak.... and is it possible the hose blew off from having too much coolant in it?

black90lx
06-05-2011, 02:52 PM
Clamp might have came loose. How ols is the hose? If it had to much coolant it would just fill the overflow and dump it out of there.

Marker1989
06-05-2011, 03:18 PM
radiator cap.. or you didn't tighten that hose clamp enough, but probably the cap

blown96cobra
06-05-2011, 04:25 PM
doesnt the coolant temp sensor tell the computer to pull timing if it gets too hot? That could be the reason why it was running rough. Just a thought. Hope everything turns out ok Kevin, changing head gaskets in this hot ass weather would SUCK!

Kevin1989
06-05-2011, 06:23 PM
doesnt the coolant temp sensor tell the computer to pull timing if it gets too hot? That could be the reason why it was running rough. Just a thought. Hope everything turns out ok Kevin, changing head gaskets in this hot ass weather would SUCK!

i highly doubt its the head gasket now, allthough i think i need a new clutch :lol: it started slipping today, car is running fine i think the cap or the hose malfunctioned im going to go ahead and buy a new hose just in case and a new cap. and see what happens.

WHYTRY
06-06-2011, 04:47 AM
i highly doubt its the head gasket now, allthough i think i need a new clutch :lol: it started slipping today, car is running fine i think the cap or the hose malfunctioned im going to go ahead and buy a new hose just in case and a new cap. and see what happens.

i got a new clutch ill sell ya lol

Kevin1989
06-06-2011, 07:08 AM
i got a new clutch ill sell ya lol

well you just got all kinda parts dont cha lol

WHYTRY
06-07-2011, 12:28 AM
well you just got all kinda parts dont cha lol

prety much.. thats how it goes tradin around junk..lol