Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
Roofing [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Roofing

PKFIRE
06-01-2011, 10:00 AM
I need advice, my mother passed away and she was planning to have the roof done. I've been meeting with roofers and no one has gave me a definate quote and they all want to talk to the insurance company. I've had guestmates from 4000-8000 dollars though. Well I have a friend who use to roof and said he quoted the supplies for 1750 dollars and to leave a few hundred dollars for any extra materials nessary. I trust the guy and he use to roof for 8 years. He wants some help and I'm willing to help him. What would you guys do, would you save money and do it yourself with someone who knows how to do it or go with a roofing company?

bestracing
06-01-2011, 12:06 PM
I'd do it myself and save the bucks, but that is just me. It's HOT work and when stripping a roof they become very SLICK!!!! :eek: The only thing I would not do myself is the steep pitch roofs since I don't have the right roofing boards to keep from sliding off the roof.

PKFIRE
06-01-2011, 12:20 PM
The roof is about at a 20 Degree angle. It isn't to bad and non-complex roof. My friend said it's about 15 square and that we will have to replace a couple boards of plywood.

bestracing
06-01-2011, 12:41 PM
That sounds standard, I hate the ones that are greater than 45*

PKFIRE
06-01-2011, 01:11 PM
That sounds standard, I hate the ones that are greater than 45*

I couldn't imagine trying to get on a roof like that.