PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a little advice.

Lexstang
05-27-2011, 11:05 PM
I live in Lexington. I have a business directly behind me( a plastic surgery center.) They have copper gutters on the building and claim they have had portions stolen six times. I am certainly not the theif, I have 4 large dogs and there is an 8ft chain link fence and 8 ft privacy fence that makes it very difficult to be near my property. Any theives are certain to have come from the sides of their property. First they had the power company install floodlights on the power poles that run along the property line. Instead of aiming them at the building they are along the property line between us and shine into my yard and house. These suckers are bright. I contacted power company and then building owner, then the tenant that actually ordered the lights about having them redirected. They might have been reaimed a bit but certainly not much. I probably cant do much more and have given up there. However now they've put up security cameras that aim at my house. If they have decent resolution I am pretty sure they can see into my bathroom. They don't aim along their building where thieves would actually be. Short of a lawsuit can I force them to substantially redirect them?

85_SS_302_Coupe
05-28-2011, 07:21 AM
I would contact a lawyer and get professional advice.

mustangboy
05-28-2011, 08:33 AM
I think they need to quit using copper gutters

bandit'sgirl
05-28-2011, 08:52 AM
I think they need to quit using copper gutters

x2 i agree

inferno50
05-28-2011, 09:34 AM
X3 jbust get cheap gutters.

KB1
05-28-2011, 10:18 AM
I would registar a complaint with the local government, leave to them to contact the property owners, that way your complaint is recorded. That's my .02!

Black92LX
05-28-2011, 11:39 AM
I will look into ordinances in reference to security lighting though I am not aware of any off the top of my head.
But there are so many out there I just need a while to sift through the ordinance book for you.

Lexstang
05-28-2011, 10:24 PM
I don't even know how the shame on you shame on me saying functions when it gets to six:) The cameras not aiming in any functional direction just aggervate the crap out of me. It makes me want to sneak over and pull the gutters of just to prove that the cameras shouldn't be pointing at my house.

mustang8998
05-28-2011, 10:51 PM
I'd give them a little show......

2Kblacksleeper
05-28-2011, 11:38 PM
You could always go over and paint the lenses.

lxenvy
05-29-2011, 12:04 AM
Fire with fire is what im thinking... Get u some bright ass flood lights and point them towards there cameras.... Pointless to have cameras if all u see is a bright light. Maybe they would get the point then... I have 1 or 2 laying in my grandpas barn if u need them!