PDA

View Full Version : HELP! CB/Ham Radio

TurboNG
05-23-2011, 12:11 PM
Well I just put my brothers Texas Ranger in my truck, Anyone here Tune these and know how to use the side, High, low and Ham on these things, I would like help setting the antenna and shown how to use the different settings, yes i know you have to have a license for those bands but i want to know how to work the radio... Help! 765-0207

Rick93coupe
05-23-2011, 01:19 PM
When I was in my early teens I had modified CB radios with upper and lower sideband and channels above and below CB bands. What are you trying to figure out?

pegasus
05-23-2011, 02:12 PM
the guys at the cb shop in anna ohio are good

TurboNG
05-23-2011, 06:58 PM
I want to tune the antena and be show what setting is for what band

Mista Bone
05-23-2011, 11:20 PM
I know what you are trying to do.....setting the SWR of the antenna.

It will be different for each band, but a longer antenna reduces the need to retune.

108" whip anyone? I'm limited to CB band knowledge and even that is OLD.

Knows what a nice D104 looks like.

Katmandu
05-24-2011, 02:03 AM
Well I just put my brothers Texas Ranger in my truck, Anyone here Tune these and know how to use the side, High, low and Ham on these things, I would like help setting the antenna and shown how to use the different settings, yes i know you have to have a license for those bands but i want to know how to work the radio... Help! 765-0207

Are you local here in Dayton ? Email me at Katmandu(AT)woh.rr.com

I didn't have a License when I ran a 1400 watt (yes! WATT) Linear setup in my 85 Riviera! NO JOKE! :lol: :bigthumb Cobra 148GTL (modded to hell and back) swinging over 30 Watts, into a 100 watt modulator, into a 400 Watt Texas Star, into an (8)pill TX killer. 2 guage wired into (2) 1000cca batteries, resupplie w/160 amp alternator (not enough). All thru a Wilson 1000 roof mount antenna.

Sitting in Troy, it would give my buddy (w/6 element beam) in Kettering (25 miles due South) a 20db (in the red) reading! No joke!

I had too much power. Couldn't use it all..... It would bleed over Kroger's overhead PA system, Troy's Tornado siren speakers, set off car alarms, raise garage doors, turn out automatic outside lights. Could be very destructive.

It was great for blowing up the receiver in trucker's CB's that were acting like assholes though! LMAO! I would pull right along side the trucker's cab and get our antennas as close as possible and then whistle real loud into the microphone! POP goes his radio!

TurboNG
05-25-2011, 05:27 PM
Email Sent yes i'm here in dayton/ New Carlisle... Would like to get with you before next Tuesday

Rick93coupe
05-25-2011, 10:17 PM
Reminds me of my old base station, moonraker 4 beam, macco pumpkin, silver eagle mic and a palomar linear. I'd drop 5 kc to split a channel, crank it up and bleed over several channels. It used to piss people off so bad! It was funny because people would try and get even and I'd flip to the flat slide, and go on about my business.

Mista Bone
05-25-2011, 11:39 PM
Channel 15 Coffee break anyone????

Katmandu
05-26-2011, 01:50 PM
Reminds me of my old base station, moonraker 4 beam, macco pumpkin, silver eagle mic and a palomar linear. I'd drop 5 kc to split a channel, crank it up and bleed over several channels. It used to piss people off so bad! It was funny because people would try and get even and I'd flip to the flat slide, and go on about my business.I'm sure we've chatted before.... SilverBullet out of Troy here. :cool2:

Do you know Woody out of Kettering ?

Rick93coupe
05-26-2011, 03:40 PM
I'm sure we've chatted before.... SilverBullet out of Troy here. :cool2:

Do you know Woody out of Kettering ?

Well this was back in the late 80's early 90's, I was still a kid. I used to go by Jughead (flat top haircut). I remember Timmy Wizard, Boss Hog, Bumper..... This is bringing back a bunch of memories! Then I found girls / cars and later the internet..lol.

It was fun while it lasted. I was building my own antennas to experiment with.

Katmandu
05-27-2011, 12:15 AM
I remember Timmy Wizard, Changed his handle to "Timmy New Handle" lived across from the USAF Museum. One of the best technicians there is. He built some killer home linears!

TurboNG
05-27-2011, 10:06 AM
I didn't get an email back, did you get it, mb just call me when u have time to get with me.

jccox77
05-28-2011, 01:12 PM
i have a couple brand new wilson antennas for sale

Rick93coupe
05-29-2011, 09:56 AM
Changed his handle to "Timmy New Handle" lived across from the USAF Museum. One of the best technicians there is. He built some killer home linears!

Yeah I knew him when he lived across from the Museum, he lived a few doors down from Boss Hog but actually wizard and he are 2 different guys. Wizard was in Fairborn somewhere. There used to be another tuner back then named Bob (Bobby) and when he passed, Tim started doing the majority of the work.