Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
WTT almost new. 750 DP elderbrock carb. trade 4 smaller carb [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : WTT almost new. 750 DP elderbrock carb. trade 4 smaller carb

1992MustangDW
05-20-2011, 12:31 AM
I have a manual choke 750 double jumper carb. im looking for something closer to a 670 to 700. I will trade straight up.

1992MustangDW
05-20-2011, 12:36 PM
bump need this soon

NXcoupe
05-21-2011, 10:58 AM
When did edelbrock start making double pumper carbs? Got a pic of it? I must have been living under a rock!

1992MustangDW
05-21-2011, 11:14 AM
It meant to say holley.. you always an ass? carb is gone.

how hard would it be to say hey I think you put he wrong brand. or something to that effect. kinda felt the same way about you when me and my buddys came up there not to long ago.

1992MustangDW
05-21-2011, 11:32 AM
I was actually calling you today to set up dyno time for me and my buddy austyn.

NXcoupe
05-23-2011, 10:13 AM

how hard would it be to say hey I think you put he wrong brand. or something to that effect. kinda felt the same way about you when me and my buddys came up there not to long ago.

I was serious, you took it wrong.

Pitbull1052
05-23-2011, 10:21 AM

I kinda got the same feeling when a buddy and I went up too.... Although I know he's not as I've gotten lots of advice from Mike but I did get that feeling when I was up there.

NXcoupe
05-23-2011, 10:24 AM
And I try my best to be courteous and polite to everyone that comes into my shop, if you take it other than that, I can't control how you feel. I'm not in business to be an ass, and I wouldn't be in business for 17 years if I was.

If you want your thread corrected, then let me know and I will change it for you, otherwise I can move it to the deleted threads and you can start another one.

NXcoupe
05-23-2011, 10:29 AM
I kinda got the same feeling when a buddy and I went up too.... Although I know he's not as I've gotten lots of advice from Mike but I did get that feeling when I was up there.

Glad you brought this up. When you and your buddy were here, were you the only ones here? Was I putting a car on the dyno that required all of my attention? All you had to do was walk over and say hey mike, we're ready for you. I would have dropped what I was doing and went over and taken care of you. I thought you were standing by watching the car go on the dyno, didn't realize you thought I was ignoring you. I had just returned from frickin afghanistan and was overwhelmed with customers that day. Then you guys label me an ass. thanks. I told the guys on the dyno to wait a minute(they are paying by the hour) and I walked up to the front to check on you guys and see if you needed anything or were ready to check out, then I see you pulling out of the lot. I tried calling, didn't answer. Outside of completely ignoring everyone else in the shop that day, I think I handled it the best I could and I have gotten a lot better since getting used to being home.
And yes, how you see me always helping everyone I can is who I am. I am not perfect, never claim to be, just give a guy some slack, I do it all the time for everyone else.

Pitbull1052
05-23-2011, 11:19 AM
Glad you brought this up. When you and your buddy were here, were you the only ones here? Was I putting a car on the dyno that required all of my attention? All you had to do was walk over and say hey mike, we're ready for you. I would have dropped what I was doing and went over and taken care of you. I had just returned from frickin afghanistan and was overwhelmed with customers that day. Then you guys label me an ass. thanks. I told the guys on the dyno to wait a minute(they are paying by the hour) and I walked up to the front to check on you guys and see if you needed anything or were ready to check out, then I see you pulling out of the lot. I tried calling, didn't answer. Outside of completely ignoring everyone else in the shop that day, I think I handled it the best I could and I have gotten a lot better since getting used to being home.
And yes, how you see me always helping everyone I can is who I am. I am not perfect, never claim to be, just give a guy some slack, I do it all the time for everyone else.

Mike all I said was I got the same feeling, I didnt call you an ass i didnt say you were an ass...... Yes I understood that you had a car on the dyno, yes I understood that you just got back from oversea's...... and no the car was already on the dyno when we got there, you pointed us out back, and pointed us to the show room said here's what I've got go take a look and pointed us to a black Cobra that the suspension was being parted. We went out back looked both verts over pretty well, came inside asked about the the purple gt that was out back. Went in the show room and looked. Stood around for atleast 30 min. if not longer. Did I bitch that we took the hour drive to your shop for nothing, NO. Did I bitch that we spent an hour there, plus my hour trip back home. Nope....... I bitched that we werent taken care of. I'd had the same bitch about any company! I did try to get your attention, then I don't remember who I talked to I think it was the guy working on the black Cobra, that I didnt see any of the things we were looking for, he suggested that I make a list. I didnt think to bring a note pad so I was told to ask your wife. I waited to talk to her for 15 min. by this time I was aggravated. So we left. Do you blame us?

I think I did give you some slack by saying that I know he's not that way as he's given me tons of advice. Translation "Mike really isnt an ass he might have been being one that particular day as he might have had a lot going on etc." He's helped me several times with questions about my motor build and what not" but you know what I do have a car that needs to be tuned now! I was told by several people that I trust on here with high HP cars that you were the one to take it to....... I most likely will never find out.

NXcoupe
05-23-2011, 11:59 AM
Mike all I said was I got the same feeling, I didnt call you an ass i didnt say you were an ass...... Yes I understood that you had a car on the dyno, yes I understood that you just got back from oversea's...... and no the car was already on the dyno when we got there, you pointed us out back, and pointed us to the show room said here's what I've got go take a look and pointed us to a black Cobra that the suspension was being parted. We went out back looked both verts over pretty well, came inside asked about the the purple gt that was out back. Went in the show room and looked. Stood around for atleast 30 min. if not longer. Did I bitch that we took the hour drive to your shop for nothing, NO. Did I bitch that we spent an hour there, plus my hour trip back home. Nope....... I bitched that we werent taken care of. I'd had the same bitch about any company! I did try to get your attention, then I don't remember who I talked to I think it was the guy working on the black Cobra, that I didnt see any of the things we were looking for, he suggested that I make a list. I didnt think to bring a note pad so I was told to ask your wife. I waited to talk to her for 15 min. by this time I was aggravated. So we left. Do you blame us?

I think I did give you some slack by saying that I know he's not that way as he's given me tons of advice. Translation "Mike really isnt an ass he might have been being one that particular day as he might have had a lot going on etc." He's helped me several times with questions about my motor build and what not" but you know what I do have a car that needs to be tuned now! I was told by several people that I trust on here with high HP cars that you were the one to take it to....... I most likely will never find out.

Well, I hear your side of the story for the first time today. There are three sides to every incident like this, your view, my view and what happened. As I stand corrected that you didn't call me an ass, the incident had been in the back of my mind for quite a long time. I saw things differently than you did. I am sorry you wasted your time driving up, but things could have gone differently if any number of things had happened.
I try my damnedest to give great customer service, but as the saying goes you can't please everyone. I try hard tho, and will still continue to help you and anyone else out that needs it, regardless. There are great places to get your car tuned that sponsor this site besides me, if you want to come to me you will get my undivided attention and great service, as I do not want any grudges held on here with you or the op in this thread. It's your car, you need to go where you are comfortable.

Once again, sorry I put words into your mouth, but glad to hear your side so I can improve.

Pitbull1052
05-23-2011, 12:23 PM
I totally agree with you...... could have gone any number of ways. It is what it is... I don't hold a grudge either, I know you've got a great shop that puts out tons of nice cars and what not. Just STOP BEING AN ASS!!!!!! lol j/k it's all good we'll have to have a beer or something next time!

NXcoupe
05-23-2011, 01:02 PM
I totally agree with you...... could have gone any number of ways. It is what it is... I don't hold a grudge either, I know you've got a great shop that puts out tons of nice cars and what not. Just STOP BEING AN ASS!!!!!! lol j/k it's all good we'll have to have a beer or something next time!

Sounds good, as long as you like Keystone, the first one's on me, lol, thanks man. No hard feelings here, glad we got the air cleared.