Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
Thought i had seen it all. [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Thought i had seen it all.

mad max
05-12-2011, 08:44 PM
My family runs a towing service and tonight we get a call of a guys 08 chevy silverado that wont start. So we go out and try to get it started. We check the battery and all that and it wont even click . So i get underneath the truck to smack the starter and cant find it . Somebody stole this guys starter off his truck in the middle of the night . Who steals a starter ? Is this what our country is coming to ?

adragon72
05-12-2011, 09:02 PM
That blows

NC89GT
05-12-2011, 09:03 PM
I'm pretty sure those starters are expensive.. But I agree who seriously steals a starter off of a truck.

mad max
05-12-2011, 09:04 PM
139 without out a core but you also have labor for the dealer putting it on. Would definetly ruin my day.

Evolved
05-12-2011, 09:15 PM
Yeah that would piss me off a little, but sadly this is what our world is turning into. Sad thing is the cops don't care they are after bigger busts.

85_SS_302_Coupe
05-12-2011, 09:20 PM
Probably some dude broke down a few miles away who reeeeally needed a starter.

2007ShelbyCobra
05-12-2011, 09:33 PM
is this why cars have wheel locks? and do people even steal shit like wheels/tv's anymore?

mad max
05-12-2011, 09:37 PM
The sheriff said it was the first one he had seen in his 23 years of service . He said mostly wheels and catalytic converters.

lxenvy
05-12-2011, 10:23 PM
The sheriff said it was the first one he had seen in his 23 years of service . He said mostly wheels and catalytic converters.

I work at a shop, One morning we come in and as usual we grab a car pull it in etc. Well this one day i started a car and it was loud as shit. Jump underneath and cats gone. Needless to say like 35 cars had the cats cut. My boss had to replace them ALL. Wow what a bill. That was a bad YEAR for sure!

furiouslyfaster
05-13-2011, 09:47 AM
What ever happened to getting a job and making an honest living those kinda people make me sick

03z06vette
05-13-2011, 10:15 AM
Ins. should cover it right?

mad max
05-13-2011, 11:11 AM
After a 500 deductible . Cheaper to pay it out of pocket.

MustangChuck
05-13-2011, 11:18 AM
Yeah that would piss me off a little, but sadly this is what our world is turning into. Sad thing is the cops don't care they are after bigger busts.

It's not that they "dont care". What it is is that it is hard to catch someone who does something like steal a starter off of a car. You'd be surprised at how quick a criminal can be and there is only so much a cop can do in certain situations like that. To be honest I would be willing to bet that that starter was either on someone's car already or already sold. Also, considering it was the first time the officer has ever seen something like that, it is possible that he may know the person who did it or that the person who did it lives in close proximity. Just my 2 cents worth.

Evolved
05-13-2011, 01:19 PM
It's not that they "dont care". What it is is that it is hard to catch someone who does something like steal a starter off of a car. You'd be surprised at how quick a criminal can be and there is only so much a cop can do in certain situations like that. To be honest I would be willing to bet that that starter was either on someone's car already or already sold. Also, considering it was the first time the officer has ever seen something like that, it is possible that he may know the person who did it or that the person who did it lives in close proximity. Just my 2 cents worth.

A buddy had a radio stolen and interior ripped up, lots of damage and blood DNA left behind, several cars broken into on his street and they honestly told him they don't worry about an investigation on these types of crimes, if someone see's the person or persons and they are caught then they look into it. Officer said just file a report.

MustangChuck
05-13-2011, 02:13 PM
A buddy had a radio stolen and interior ripped up, lots of damage and blood DNA left behind, several cars broken into on his street and they honestly told him they don't worry about an investigation on these types of crimes, if someone see's the person or persons and they are caught then they look into it. Officer said just file a report.

You really think they have everyone in the world's DNA on file and ready to access? At a minimum they need at least a description of the person and even then, there are many people out there that would probably look similar to the description.