Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
Any lawn mower repair folks? [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Any lawn mower repair folks?

skeptiq
05-08-2011, 11:20 PM
I have a mid eighty's snapper rear engine riding lawn mower thats having some clutch issues I was wondering if anybody on the board had any experience with them.

inferno50
05-09-2011, 12:11 AM
My girlfriend has a mid eightys snapper. She was born in 88. Had to say it.

lxenvy
05-09-2011, 01:05 AM
My grandfather has been doin small engines for 45+ years. But he is located in florence.

DSSKing68
05-09-2011, 06:26 AM

That's more of a late 80's snapper....

:eek:

Black Horse
05-09-2011, 06:47 AM
What is the mower doing?

skeptiq
05-09-2011, 08:51 AM
I was mowing and all of a sudden the mower just stopped moving. I tried going into reverse, then back in to drive, but nothing. When I got off the mower I looked behind it and saw the driven disc laying on the lawn (disc that has rubber around edge that mates to the drive disc to make it move)... I tried just bolting it back on, but it won't move and even when the gear selector is in N, it feels like the diff is locked up, can't push it without making the nut real loose... Just confused, it seems like it should be real simple, but I can't figure it out. I even have the parts manual with exploded views and the owners manual and can't figure it out...

I work in Florence and the mower fits in the back of my Element...

skeptiq
05-09-2011, 08:52 AM

lol, niiice... hope her clutch isn't slipping :eek:

mustangboy
05-09-2011, 08:54 AM
Call crescent spring hardware

Rick93coupe
05-09-2011, 01:44 PM
There's nothing wrong with a snapper from the late 80's! :lol:

Black Horse
05-09-2011, 02:40 PM
Sounds like an issue in the gearbox.

I have a couple old ones laying around if you need some parts.

skeptiq
05-09-2011, 02:46 PM
Sounds like an issue in the gearbox.

I have a couple old ones laying around if you need some parts.

Hmmm, might have to take you up on that. I picked it up fairly cheap and expected to dump some money into it... Debating now weather to have it gone through by a professional or try to muddle with it myself...

Thanks, gonna think about it for a bit... not going to have time to do anything with it this week anyway... Might make this a Sunday afternoon project this weekend...

skeptiq
05-09-2011, 02:47 PM
Also, when the rear wheels are off the ground, I can spin them and the wheels will spin in opposite directions, but if I try to spin them both the same direction, they won't budge...

Dirtyd0g
05-09-2011, 02:49 PM
Haven't found a mower problem yet a .45 couldn't handle.
Up on SR50 just out of owensville is a guy named Eric Averwater. Only guy I know who doesn't want to shoot mowers when they break. He has fixed a couple things for me in the past.
Alan