Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
spent the day helping a friend [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : spent the day helping a friend

aaron92fox
05-01-2011, 12:12 AM
well i spent the day helping a buddy of mine get his coupe back on the road. converted over to 5lug and put some coilovers on the front and drop springs on the back.

the back was easy,the front was the difficult thing. i had read up on a bunch of the swaps and didnt really see anything that seemed to hard.
we didnt know the front struts of the fox body wouldnt bolt straight up to the 95 spindles so had to do a lil rework on them. and had a big issue with the front break lines?

any one else ran in to this b4? the bolt holes on the stock struts where a lil smaller then the holes for the spindles,the pass side front break like wouldnt thread on to the stock break line but the driver side did??????

heres a pic of the car. we are still wokring on the front break line if any one can give me some info on it will help alot thanks.

http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn207/aaron_dwarnock/rickysmustang.jpg

92coupe
05-01-2011, 05:52 PM
Do a search on here for it, Theres an adapter fitting you can get at auto zone or advance. I never had any issues with the strut bolt holes. i have done a few swaps like that.

aaron92fox
05-01-2011, 08:45 PM
well we did come to find out that the car was a 4banger at one part in its life. woudl that matter?

went to autozone and we have a buch of ppl working there that dont know anything really. and the ppl that do are never there to help us.

sean
05-01-2011, 08:49 PM
well we did come to find out that the car was a 4banger at one part in its life. woudl that matter?

went to autozone and we have a buch of ppl working there that dont know anything really. and the ppl that do are never there to help us.

call a few different autozones. You will get a hold of someone who knows what they are doing.

mad max
05-01-2011, 09:48 PM
The wilmington autozone ? The little girl in there with the glasses with the nice jugs is nice to look at but im sure she is no help to you.

89redgt
05-02-2011, 07:16 PM
I used these

http://www.maximummotorsports.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=49_144_469&products_id=1341

If you could just get the fitting that would be the cheapest thing to do. I still don’t understand why one side worked and the other side did not. I thought that the sn95 cars used different threads on the hard lines. I was told that I could use my stock soft lines of the fox and run the banjo bolt from the sn95 calipers. It did not work for me. The fox soft lines were not at the right angle when I tried to bolt the block at the end of the line to the sn95 caliper. Maybe it will work for you.

When I did my swap my spindles bolted up to the struts fine.

92coupe
05-02-2011, 10:44 PM
I believe its like a 3 /16 to a 1/4 adapter

NXcoupe
05-02-2011, 10:51 PM

Yeah, knew it was a 4 cyl when you said the struts needed modifying to fit, they don't if it's got V8 struts and spindles on it. It's got V8 ones on it now tho, lol. Yeah, Max Motospts sells the brake lines that will work with the sn calipers, but they are on backorder, took me about 2 weeks to get a set in from them. Good luck with it, looks like a sharp coupe.

jad0087
05-02-2011, 10:58 PM
all u need is the fitting for i believe the passenger side, i have one sitting right here on my dresser actually, i bought two of them awhile ago just in case i lost one when i was doing my 5 lug swap, dont waste ur money on anything else, this fitting was like 5 bucks

jad0087
05-02-2011, 11:00 PM
my bad it was 6 bucks haha, heres what u need for sure

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Mustang-SN95-Front-Brake-Hose-Adapter-Fitting-79-93-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem19a46b65f0QQitemZ11013 2684272QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccesso ries

someone told me you could find them at napa but i never had any luck

capri5.0
05-02-2011, 11:32 PM
Koi should have these fittings in stock. They carry a large assortment of brake fittings and adaptors