Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
some Colorado powder skiing today [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : some Colorado powder skiing today

2007ShelbyCobra
04-19-2011, 07:14 PM
Two clips, it was amazing today. About 5 inches of snow and 30*s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CNWqtsx8eOw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3Jbq1pAZYw

cstreu1026
04-19-2011, 10:53 PM
Spend much time in the backseat? I am not sure if if the angle or what but it looks like you are riding the tails.

I got back from Utah last Wednesday. We got just shy of 4 feet while we there. I've got about 5GB of video to edit from Park City, Snowbasin, and Snowbird. Utah FTW!

2007ShelbyCobra
04-20-2011, 10:18 AM
Spend much time in the backseat? I am not sure if if the angle or what but it looks like you are riding the tails.

I got back from Utah last Wednesday. We got just shy of 4 feet while we there. I've got about 5GB of video to edit from Park City, Snowbasin, and Snowbird. Utah FTW!

Yea, I was backseat pretty hard. The only skis I brought are my park skis, they are worthless in powder. I didn't think they would get much snow in April, but I was wrong.

cstreu1026
04-20-2011, 12:09 PM
Late March and early April often have big snow storms. It's not uncommon for the ski resorts in Big and Little Cottonwood Canyons to see huge storms in late March and early April. Alta has seen 644 inches so far this year 98 of which have fallen since April 1st with another foot or so expected by the weekend.

I hauled 2 pairs of skis with me.
I spent 2 days on these http://icelanticboards.com/skis/pilgrim/
and 4 days on these http://icelanticboards.com/skis/keeper/

2007ShelbyCobra
04-20-2011, 09:22 PM
Late March and early April often have big snow storms. It's not uncommon for the ski resorts in Big and Little Cottonwood Canyons to see huge storms in late March and early April. Alta has seen 644 inches so far this year 98 of which have fallen since April 1st with another foot or so expected by the weekend.

I hauled 2 pairs of skis with me.
I spent 2 days on these http://icelanticboards.com/skis/pilgrim/
and 4 days on these http://icelanticboards.com/skis/keeper/

Yea, im sure those work a lot better, Im riding the K2 Domain. I spend about 80% of my time in the park when im at home. They are stiff and not very wide, but I love them. Symmetrical 115/90/115, 179cm with center mounted Rossi FKS 140 bindings. Im only 5'11", so they are pretty big. They have a mini rocker which they say helps for the park. I figured any rocker would do decent in powder, but these don't. Last year I rode the K2 Extreme, they were not much wider, but I swear they did much better in softer snow, and they were only 169s.

cstreu1026
04-20-2011, 09:35 PM
I'm 5'10" and I had 189 Hellbents last season and my Icelantic Keepers are 189's. K2's do tend to run a little longer than advertised though. My Hellbents were damn close to 200's. I am planning to replace my Keepers with a pair of DPS Wailer 112RP's in a 190 next year. Bigger is better. :)

2007ShelbyCobra
04-20-2011, 09:47 PM
I'm 5'10" and I had 189 Hellbents last season and my Icelantic Keepers are 189's. K2's do tend to run a little longer than advertised though. My Hellbents were damn close to 200's. I am planning to replace my Keepers with a pair of DPS Wailer 112RP's in a 190 next year. Bigger is better. :)

yea. The Hellbents are sick. Ive only ridden for 6 years, but ive had 3 pairs of K2s. I like them so im sticking to the brand. This is the 2nd time ive been out west, if I went more id pick up some nice powder skis. So how do your skis do at perfect north on their shitty groomers?

cstreu1026
04-21-2011, 08:01 AM
Everything I own wold probably be a fat ski by most midwesterners' standards and I don't have an issue with them in most conditions. The Hellbents skied like wet noodles on anything but powder and spring slush. When I went to Utah in January with my wife I could easily have gotten by with just my Keepers. They ski pretty well on groomed runs but you do notice the big width. I use to ski Volkl Gotamas every where. They were 105mm under foot and I has no problems on hard snow or moguls. If I had gotten the 190's instead of the 183 I probably would have kept them and if Volkl hadn't kept changing the ski I probably would have just gotten a newer model in the longer length.

BTW, where did you go in Colorado?

2007ShelbyCobra
04-21-2011, 10:39 AM
Were skiing at Breckenridge and A-Basin.

Black92LX
04-21-2011, 01:23 PM
Yea, I was backseat pretty hard. The only skis I brought are my park skis, they are worthless in powder. I didn't think they would get much snow in April, but I was wrong.

I was going to say those skis looked awfully skinny to be touting some powder skiing:lol:

cstreu1026
04-21-2011, 02:15 PM
Were skiing at Breckenridge and A-Basin.

I love the town of Breckenridge but I don't care if I ever go back there to ski. The altitude kicks my ass. Actually I don't really care if I ever go back to Colorado. I'd much rather ski Utah, but one these days I might actually make to A basin.

Black92LX
04-21-2011, 06:28 PM
I love the town of Breckenridge but I don't care if I ever go back there to ski. The altitude kicks my ass. Actually I don't really care if I ever go back to Colorado. I'd much rather ski Utah, but one these days I might actually make to A basin.

Lots and lots of water!!!!
Makes a world of difference. I drink a ton of water anyway but when I am in Colorado I have to almost double my water intake or I can't break from the headache.

Bachelor Gulch, Vail, and Arrowhead is my favorite.

cstreu1026
04-21-2011, 06:39 PM
I drank tons and tons of water last year and I ski with a hydration pack and it still kicked my ass. Besides there is more better snow in Utah. The only draw back is there is more better beer in Colorado. Its gets a little old drinking 3.2 beer.

2007ShelbyCobra
04-21-2011, 07:25 PM
This is my 2nd year going to Colorado. First year we drove and I had terrible altitude sickness the whole trip. This year we flew, I drank tons of water and I feel fine. I don't really notice myself breathing heavy either.