Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
Who wins in a fight? [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Who wins in a fight?

85_SS_302_Coupe
04-15-2011, 09:05 AM
Me and a coworker were talking about MMA and somehow got on the subject of Bruce Lee. I used to read a lot about him, and people say in his prime he was damn near unbeatable. I read a story once that when he came to America, he went to a dojo in San Fransisco, and challenged the head guy there and beat him so bad that the guy bowed to him and asked to be Lee's student.

So naturally the question came up....Bruce Lee in his prime...how would he do in UFC? Ground tactics are probably the deciding factor, but honestly i don't think there's a person alive in his weight class who could stand up to him and get him on the ground to submit him in the first place.

Discuss :D

http://www.myclassiclyrics.com/artist_biographies/images/Bruce_Lee_Biography_2.jpg

Pitbull1052
04-15-2011, 09:10 AM
Brue Lee invented MMA...... I grew up watching him and having a dad and an unlce who are black belts.... hands down Lee vs anyone! and I think he'd be able to ground and pound with the best of them most likely a quick submission...

85_SS_302_Coupe
04-15-2011, 09:20 AM
Yeah his fighting philosophy was to not have a fighting style at all and to adapt to your opponent. It's a damn shame he died so young.

Pitbull1052
04-15-2011, 09:22 AM
as Rick James said "cocaine is one hell of a drug" that and whatever else he was doing............. and he studied all styles of fighting..... and for sure a real shame

satan jamez
04-15-2011, 09:40 AM
Bruce Lee vs. George St. Pierre. What a fun match! I think Lee maybe too light for that fight.

It's tuff to say. MMA guys actually fight. Lee was a jack of all trades athlete. Who would've won in their prime, Ali or Tyson?

firestang70
04-15-2011, 09:47 AM
Is there a buddy who steps in "to steal his thunder"???? I was and still am a huge Bruce Lee fan.

85_SS_302_Coupe
04-15-2011, 09:47 AM
Bruce Lee vs. George St. Pierre. What a fun match! I think Lee maybe too light for that fight.

It's tuff to say. MMA guys actually fight. Lee was a jack of all trades athlete. Who would've won in their prime, Ali or Tyson?

We've had that debate too....and we both pretty much hands down agreed, Tyson by a mile. Don't get me wrong, Ali is THE MAN, but boxing was just different in those days. Tyson in his prime was down right terrifying. Strictly stand up, I don't think anyone in MMA could last through the first round with Tyson in his prime. The thing Tyson lacked was endurance, which would be Ali's only hope...take the beating of his life and let Tyson get winded just like Holyfield did...but even then, Tyson was getting past his prime or i don't think he would have lost to Holyfield.

85_SS_302_Coupe
04-15-2011, 09:50 AM
Is there a buddy who steps in "to steal his thunder"???? I was and still am a huge Bruce Lee fan.

OMG :lol:

Now that's funny right there.

For 135lbs, he was a huge 135lbs...he was a small guy but he was actually pretty ripped. This is a pretty interesting clip from this website that i guess focuses on his training and physique:

Unbelievable Strength
Lee's feats of strength are the stuff of legend; from performing push-ups - on one hand! - or thumbs only pushups, to supporting a 125-pound barbell at arms length in front of him (with elbows locked) for several seconds, or sending individuals (who outweighed him by as much as 100 pounds in some instances) flying through the air and landing some 15 feet away as a result of a punch that Lee delivered from only one-inch away, the power that Bruce Lee could generate -- at a mere bodyweight of 135 pounds -- is absolutely frightening. Not to mention some of his other nifty little habits like thrusting his fingers through full cans of Coca-Cola and sending 300 pound heavy bags slapping against the ceiling with a simple side kick.

http://www.mikementzer.com/blee.html

Pitbull1052
04-15-2011, 10:30 AM
GSP couldnt carry Lee's jock........ Anderson would be about the only one who'd have a shot but I still think Lee would mess him up....... I think if Ali could stick and move he'd have a chance but if Tyson got ahold of him it would have been all over... Prime VS Prime.....

85_SS_302_Coupe
04-15-2011, 10:47 AM
Tyson was like the human version of a rabid pitbull...the man just went in and dropped bombs.

I really wish there were some real Bruce Lee fights on video somewhere.

Pitbull1052
04-15-2011, 11:00 AM
From what I understand he never fought as an adult....... there was suppose to be some fight where he was attached on a set of one of his movies and he had the video but he destroyed it.....

have you seen any of that show where Tyson is flippn pigeons or whatever..... so lame

85_SS_302_Coupe
04-15-2011, 11:02 AM
Yeah, they say it's a long way down when you fall from the top and seeing Tyson today, i believe it.

NOVICOUPE
04-15-2011, 11:04 AM
Ali would kill Tyson..He would get inside Mikes head.We all know what a head case he already is.Ali is the guy who could get in there and totally throw Tyson off his game and make him try to think instead of just go out there and brawl.

pegasus
04-15-2011, 11:04 AM
he would do good untill he got to chuck norris(also in his prime but then again chuck norris is always in his prime)

85_SS_302_Coupe
04-15-2011, 11:08 AM
he would do good untill he got to chuck norris(also in his prime but then again chuck norris is always in his prime)

All Chuck jokes aside, Chuck was one of Bruce Lee's students ;)

And yeah, Ali definitely has a good chance....he did have some killer defense.

djom1cincy
04-15-2011, 12:32 PM
Lol. I won't add anything else.

mad max
04-15-2011, 12:55 PM
Bruce lee all the way. I dont think anybody in mma could hang with him.

Goldenpony
04-15-2011, 01:25 PM
Prime vs prime. Ali vs Tyson? I'd bet the farm on Ali. Tyson hits HARD, but you can't hit what isn't there - and in between tries, Ali would jab him 10 times. That wears anybody, even Iron Mike, down. Just think of Clay vs Liston, Liston was every bit the killer Tyson was and Clay cut him off at the knees. Ali was the best there ever was - period. :coo1:

2kSVT
04-15-2011, 01:30 PM
I think Lee would have continued to evolve and fill in the gaps in his training. I like present day guys like Silva and GSP because they are well rounded. Given his continued training and evolution of his skills, he would be an animal for anyone up to the 185 pound class. I have trained in numerous arts and have a black belt in Tae Kwon Do, I started trianing in Jui-Jitsu becuase I saw the ground was a weak area for me. Lee would have discovered the before Royce Gracie started making 250 pound men go to sleep! I actually think Chuck's skills got better as he aged a little.

05yellowgt
04-15-2011, 02:11 PM
Ali in his prime (before the draft ban) would have had no problem handling Tyson. Does anyone really think that Tyson's power shots were any more powerful than George Foreman when he fought Ali? Ali got his entire body pounded by Foreman and still pulled out a win when he was several years past his prime.

As far as Bruce Lee, he would have no equal when it comes to fighting skill and discipline. I've never seen any real fight footage,but I have read enough first hand accounts to be of the belief that Lee would more than hold is own and may even dominate the best fighters of today.

Rich
04-15-2011, 02:36 PM
Ali in his prime is better than any other fighter is their prime. Just look at who Ali fought and look who Tyson fought.

85_SS_302_Coupe
04-15-2011, 02:46 PM
Does anyone really think that Tyson's power shots were any more powerful than George Foreman when he fought Ali?

That's a good point...Foreman was known for throwing bombs at guys, but he wasn't anywhere near as fast as Tyson was. I do think that part of what made Tyson so great was there really weren't many guys on his level to challenge him.

pegasus
04-15-2011, 02:58 PM

the student would become the teacher

pegasus
04-15-2011, 02:58 PM

the student would become the master

85_SS_302_Coupe
04-15-2011, 03:10 PM
the student would become the master

http://www.lowbird.com/data/images/2010/03/ebaumsworld-973832.jpg

:lol:

Kwik92GT
04-15-2011, 03:48 PM
Tyson would get clowned by Ali, prime vs. prime. Tyson never fought anyone that was even close in talent to Ali. Ali had to go through a gauntlet of great fighters in and out of his prime. Tyson couldn't even do anything against an aging Holyfield who was never even a TRUE heavyweight.

Bruce Lee was ahead of his time in training and technique, and I believe would be able to hold his own against the top fighters in MMA today, within his weight class. Doubt he would find fighting at 185+ much fun though. Would love to see how he'd do just the same. :bigthumb

flyin2jz
04-15-2011, 10:02 PM
bruce lee would get beat down by the guys the mma dudes practice with. Its not the same game. If he didnt kick your head off in the first try a mma guy would drag him to the ground and beat him to death. I am 220lbs and wouldnt step into the octagon with the guys who weigh 135 for any amount of money. Street fighting is great until your in an arm bar crying like a bitch

mike w
04-15-2011, 10:31 PM
Ali all the way, look at all of mikes old fights he was terrible with the jab....ali was a very powerful also.......... alot of people didnt know that...i saw a interview with george foreman talking about how powerful ali was......Bruce Lee all the way