Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
Electricians? [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Electricians?

skeptiq
04-12-2011, 10:50 PM
Having an issue with a breaker... Yesterday the kitchen, dining, and bathroom lights went off (all on same breaker). I checked at the power panel and it was not tripped. Just to be sure I flipped it off and back on. No dice. At some point out came on today only to go off again a couple minutes after my daughter turned off the bathroom light... Any ideas? Bad breaker?

inferno50
04-13-2011, 12:41 AM
Maybe an open nuetral wire. I'm no electrician but I know the basics. If u break the loop anywhere it will stop the whole thing. I would start by pulling the closest receptpicle and swiches and checking all the connections

motox159
04-13-2011, 01:59 AM
^^^ I'm with him. Could just be a loose wire on the switch.

Dirtyd0g
04-13-2011, 02:20 AM
The more times a breaker blows the weaker it gets, outlet and switch failures happen as well. I have owned my home since 98. I have replaced 4 breakers, about 10 outlets (some more than once don't buy the cheap crap it isn't worth it) and a few switches as well.
Alan

skeptiq
04-13-2011, 08:19 AM
I'll pick up a couple breakers at lunch today and check the switches and plugs when I get home tonight! Thanks for the help. Hopefully it's something simple!

Black Horse
04-13-2011, 09:32 AM
Check to make sure you don't have a flakey Ground Fault Interruptor (GFI) outlet in the circuit. Usually these have to be reset manually.

If the breaker is not tripped and cycling the breaker does not reset the circuit, I doubt you have a breaker issue (but it still could be).

I'm with the others, sounds like a loose wire - especially if everything has been run in series.

skeptiq
04-13-2011, 12:26 PM
Check to make sure you don't have a flakey Ground Fault Interruptor (GFI) outlet in the circuit. Usually these have to be reset manually.

If the breaker is not tripped and cycling the breaker does not reset the circuit, I doubt you have a breaker issue (but it still could be).

I'm with the others, sounds like a loose wire - especially if everything has been run in series.

Dang, you guys rock... Thanks again for the suggestions. I will be checking all recepticles and switches tonight when I get home, hopefully before it's dark, LOL!!!

Ben