Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
Front Coilover Opinions ( Brands, Spring Length and Rates ) [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Front Coilover Opinions ( Brands, Spring Length and Rates )

leroy93lx
03-29-2011, 12:11 PM
I am going to order a set of coilovers for the front of the coupe this week and was wondering what everyones opinion is. I currently have drag launch suspension all the way around and love how it rides but I want the front to be adjustable now. The car seldom sees track time anymore but I like having the functional suspension when I need it or want to play. What is everyone else running on their Street/ Strip car? What brands, spring rate and spring length? I used UPR 12" 250lbs springs on NC89GT's car and it rides pretty good and can be adjusted down plenty low. It doesnt have the greatest weight transfer but it looks good doing it! I am thinking about something similar but possibly a little lighter spring rate. I usually don't run a sway bar but I am putting the Steeda one I have had for years back on for the Power Tour. Please Discuss. Thanks in Advance.

mustangboy
03-29-2011, 12:20 PM
As far as brand hypercoil is the best. I run 350lb springs and they ride great and handle very nice but not what you want for a strip setup.

5.0calypso93lx
03-29-2011, 01:02 PM
My k member kit came with Strange CO's and hypercoil springs. I was running a 14" 175lb spring up front but the front wouldn't drop enough, so I'm now running a 12" 175. I also am windsor though, so heavier up front than a 302 would be.