Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
wtb magnesium engine blocks/rims [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : wtb magnesium engine blocks/rims

pegasus
03-28-2011, 02:10 PM
hey guys i need a bunch of magnesium for a fire demo
also if you know what cars have mag in the blocks/wheels let me know i cant find a good list other then bmws and dodge vans

mustangboy
03-28-2011, 03:33 PM
hey guys i need a bunch of magnesium for a fire demo
also if you know what cars have mag in the blocks/wheels let me know i cant find a good list other then bmws and dodge vans

I believe it is either mitsu evo or subi sti valve covers are mag

NUTTSGT
03-28-2011, 06:47 PM
I have nothing but a request for video of this magnesium fire.

Drivermod
03-28-2011, 08:28 PM
If you know anyone that works for CG&E they use magnesium bars on gas pipeline unions to minimize corrosion. They replace them every so often. A friend of mine threw a 17 lb block in our fire last fall. It burned brighter than the sun for about a half hour. Pretty wild.

TurboNG
03-28-2011, 09:21 PM
You need Aluminum for this as well! LOL :bigthumb

Mag+Alum+a very cheap and common liquid = a hole in any thing it touches... LOL

94tchikinv8
03-28-2011, 09:43 PM
Jake, I'm pretty sure Travis told me once that the core supports out of like 02+ (whenever the body style changed) F-150s were made of magnesium. Maybe you can call some body shops and they'd donate some wrecked parts.

-Rob

MFIELD
03-29-2011, 09:22 PM
Jake, I'm pretty sure Travis told me once that the core supports out of like 02+ (whenever the body style changed) F-150s were made of magnesium. Maybe you can call some body shops and they'd donate some wrecked parts.

-Rob

Yes they are

Mista Bone
03-30-2011, 01:17 AM
Jet engine gear reduction boxes are also mag......

Also if someone needs some cheap cast alum., I have a few Honda tranny cases to donate.