PDA

View Full Version : Header options needed

Buckeye
03-26-2011, 10:57 PM
So for my cougar I am building a driver that looks good but is not a show car but will break as close to never as possible. I spent allot of time redoing the engine bay and spent allot of cash on front suspension and fabbed valve covers and such, SO the question is is the extra money for a good stainless header (say jba or kooks) worth it for long term use and them to not look like ass after one summer? am I better off spending the same $ on steel then jet hotting (or the like) them? If I buy SS still jet hot? If I jet hot SS will it stay reasonably nice for awhile?
If it was a run of the mill fox I would be fine with what ever but I hope to make a mag with it when done as well as drive the crap out of it too.

Rick93coupe
03-26-2011, 11:50 PM
If you have the money for stainless you'll never regret it. Most people opt for steel because of the cost difference. Even if you buy mild steel headers that are coated, within a few yrs the coating will discolor, especially if any oil ever drips on them while it's hot. Also the coatings that come on them are far cheaper grade than actually sending them out to Jethot.

Buckeye
03-27-2011, 01:33 AM
what about coating the SS? so the SS stay pretty nice in bare form?

Kevin1989
03-27-2011, 02:25 AM
i have JBAs on mine and ive had it for a year lord knows how old they are and they still look good!