PDA

View Full Version : SBZ is NOT Dead...

Maximus
03-26-2011, 11:16 AM
What can one do to bring back some life to SBZ?

Cruise in/get togethers..
Organize a cruise, a get together, hell, ask for some help in the garage! It doesnt have to be a formal get together. It could be a few of you meeting up and just hanging out. It could be a meet at X and drive to Y. It could be meet over at T's house and help him put a trans in his car. It could be bring some burgers over to ______ park and lets have a grill out!
Anything can be planned by anyone!! Maybe its time for some of the Newer guys to step up and organize things.
Its really not too hard. Go to the appropriate section, click NEW THREAD and start typing!
If you guys need help or advice, ASK.
Dont get upset if you have a small turnout. The first cruise in at hooters had no where near the the amount of SBZ members that the KofC had!!

Posting on the Board.
DONT BE AFRAID to post up!! With all the BS that has been going on lately, that is going to stop! The bickering and BS against fellow SBZ members is going to stop. RESPECTFUL debates, will be tolerated as not everyone has the same belief....but you WILL RESPECT your fellow SBZ member!!

No one is perfect.
Us moderators work and have families, so watching over SBZ we tend to not see everything. YOU see something wrong, hit us up!!

Many of you didnt get the chance to meet Vinny. But by reading this post....

http://www.stangbangerz.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28530

you can get an idea of what a GREAT guy he was!!!
Us "old timers" knew the way he ran things. We knew how he organized things. We knew how he loved to make his videos. So try and imagine us trying to fill his shoes...its a hard thing to do.
Im speaking for myself when I say I LOVED that guy. I would Love to see this board back to the old ways and I will try my best to get it there.

APOLOGY
Looking back at some posts, yeah I was a Dick. My hatred for the way the board was heading clouded my judgment and I was dis-respectful to my fellow SBZ members. For that I APOLOGIZE.

Im actually excited to see where we all go from here.
:sbowns:

Thanks for listening,
Craig Newport

DSSKing68
03-26-2011, 11:42 AM
Great post Craig!

Scott (Moontang) used to organize a lot of things, maybe a "newbie" can step in a little to fill his shoes...help out with cruise-ins or fun drives.

Sometimes life gets in the way of things, but there is always time to help a brother out...

I'm free when I'm not working 56 hours a week or sleeping or with the kids....:D

djom1cincy
03-26-2011, 11:47 AM
Hell yeah.

Mr.Moontang
03-26-2011, 11:51 AM
I am still willing to set up stuff, but when you do and there is not a turn out or there is just bitching about it that just sucks... I want this place to stay alive!!! If you want to orginize something just pm me and we can do it together.

Stangman
03-26-2011, 12:15 PM
I hope you keep the "prom queen" buddy...

SATURNV
03-26-2011, 12:24 PM
This seems to be not an exclusive problem to SBZ... I frequent several boards regularly, and all seem to be having more bickering and toe smashing.

Maybe it's a sign of current times, frustration with (insert issue).

I know I'm a stranger to most here as I tended to BS over on the Corral mostly, but since it was sold to autoforums, it hasn't been the same, flooded with ads and several viruses since AF seems to sell space to anyone who cuts a check..

I'll try and poke out of the woodwork more often.. :) Bob

Bluecrew07
03-26-2011, 12:24 PM
I am still willing to set up stuff, but when you do and there is not a turn out or there is just bitching about it that just sucks... I want this place to stay alive!!! If you want to orginize something just pm me and we can do it together.
I miss the Snow cones down by the old Perkins like it was back in the day just sayin'

Mr.Moontang
03-26-2011, 12:33 PM
I miss the Snow cones down by the old Perkins like it was back in the day just sayin'

Thought we had this planned already for last year... You were going to organize the one in Ohio (Beechmont) and Nancy and I were going to organize the one in Newport. It was a sticky over a year... nothing happened. It's a new year... to quote Field of Dreams "Build it and they will come". Just sayin'....

Bluecrew07
03-26-2011, 12:35 PM
Thought we had this planned already for last year... You were going to organize the one in Ohio (Beechmont) and Nancy and I were going to organize the one in Newport. It was a sticky over a year... nothing happened. It's a new year... to quote Field of Dreams "Build it and they will come". Just sayin'....
Work got in the way but yeah it was planned. I say we try it again. If the weather ever decides to be good

sean
03-26-2011, 02:03 PM
As Much as I can come out I will. On the bike our in the stang. Sounds great

mustangboy
03-26-2011, 02:43 PM
Talk like this motivates me to keep the stang. Maybe thats all I need is more get togethers and reasons to go have fun with it:bigthumb

rpppaprp
03-26-2011, 04:07 PM
Maybe thats all I need is more get togethers and reasons to go have fun with it:bigthumb

I think it would help alot. Edgewater or Tri-State would make nice places to have a stangbangerz get-together. Cruise-ins are always awesome.

Stangman
03-26-2011, 04:11 PM
I agree, when they sit, you get bored with them. When you're actively driving/enjoying your stang it feels like less of an object or a burden.

Bluecrew07
03-26-2011, 04:43 PM
I agree, when they sit, you get bored with them. When you're actively driving/enjoying your stang it feels like less of an object or a burden.
Agreed. When your ADD its even worse lol ive went to sell mine 3 times, then i do something small to it and im good for a few months

Rick93coupe
03-26-2011, 04:47 PM

So true, it's hard to see the big picture sometimes when your pre-occupied with all the small stuff that needs done.

'92Stang
03-26-2011, 04:52 PM

Check the hangin' out section. Were meeting at wing & rings on 125 & bach-buxton. There were a few guys from the sno cone days their as well last week. We can always meet at the sno cone place. This location just seemed easier with traffic on a weds. @ 6:00, and where people who posted up was located. Hope to see ya weds.

Bluecrew07
03-26-2011, 05:00 PM
Check the hangin' out section. Were meeting at wing & rings on 125 & bach-buxton. There were a few guys from the sno cone days their as well last week. We can always meet at the sno cone place. This location just seemed easier with traffic on a weds. @ 6:00, and where people who posted up was located. Hope to see ya weds. maybe ill check that out. i work just down the road from there

sean
03-26-2011, 05:22 PM
Man mike, I have to work my shitty job on wed.

Mista Bone
03-26-2011, 05:26 PM
For those with weird work schedules, anyone up for a 2-3 PM meet, say QS&L Milford for all you can eat?

Question, does the all you can eat include boneless?

5.0calypso93lx
03-26-2011, 06:45 PM
Talk like this motivates me to keep the stang. Maybe thats all I need is more get togethers and reasons to go have fun with it:bigthumb

Maybe if you beat on it every now and then you'd know what it really feels like lol

1992MustangDW
03-26-2011, 07:08 PM
i will be there every wed night. like 92stang said come on down

Xowner
03-26-2011, 08:05 PM
For those with weird work schedules, anyone up for a 2-3 PM meet, say QS&L Milford for all you can eat?

Question, does the all you can eat include boneless?

No boneless, be a man and get real wings!

marauder
03-26-2011, 08:16 PM
FYI. I posted up for dream street cruise in at sub station ii this coming Friday. It's in the cruise in section.

marauder
03-26-2011, 08:33 PM
Can't edit last post now, but wanted to add that I've not had any bad experiences here so far, I think this is one of the best local forums. It does feel like a family. All the people I've dealt with so far are very nice and seem like the people that would give the shirt off their back to help you out. We're all in it for the love of Mustangs. Hopefully 2011 is the year we make a big impact and people take notice.

I'm not a professional, but I'm good with taking photos and video and putting them together on the internet. I used to do it with radio control stuff.

http://www.youtube.com/user/acmarauder

Some of the stuff I used to make for our rc club. Just offering to make video and take pics for people. I'm no pro, but I took classes back in high school so I know the basics. I'll try to bring the camera to all meets this year and post up some video as well.

Mista Bone
03-26-2011, 08:36 PM
No boneless, be a man and get real wings!

gnawing on the bone only slows me down!

Damnit if I didn't have to cars to work on......hungry for wings now.

Xowner
03-26-2011, 09:00 PM
gnawing on the bone only slows me down!

Damnit if I didn't have to cars to work on......hungry for wings now.

Dont chew the bones! Just the meat lol :bigthumb

INSANEBA
03-26-2011, 09:13 PM

Organize a cruise, a get together, hell, ask for some help in the garage! It doesnt have to be a formal get together. It could be a few of you meeting up and just hanging out. It could be a meet at X and drive to Y. It could be meet over at T's house and help him put a trans in his car. It could be bring some burgers over to ______ park and lets have a grill out!
Anything can be planned by anyone!! Maybe its time for some of the Newer guys to step up and organize things.
Its really not too hard. Go to the appropriate section, click NEW THREAD and start typing!
Dont get upset if you have a small turnout. The first cruise in at hooters had no where near the the amount of SBZ members that the KofC had!!

Posting on the Board.
DONT BE AFRAID to post up!! With all the BS that has been going on lately, that is going to stop! The bickering and BS against fellow SBZ members is going to stop. RESPECTFUL debates, will be tolerated as not everyone has the same belief....but you WILL RESPECT your fellow SBZ member!!

No one is perfect.
Us moderators work and have families, so watching over SBZ we tend to not see everything. YOU see something wrong, hit us up!!

Us "old timers" knew the way he ran things. We knew how he organized things. We knew how he loved to make his videos. So try and imagine us trying to fill his shoes...its a hard thing to do.
Im speaking for myself when I say I LOVED that guy. I would Love to see this board back to the old ways and I will try my best to get it there.

APOLOGY
Looking back at some posts, yeah I was a Dick. My hatred for the way the board was heading clouded my judgment and I was dis-respectful to my fellow SBZ members. For that I APOLOGIZE.

Thanks for listening,
Craig Newport

This is one of the best post I've seen on here in a LONG TIME! Way to step up and try to take the reins back. I know I'm 2-3 hrs away from the area, but if theres anything I can do to help things out I'll do it in a heartbeat. I want things back to what it was when I first joined myself, it was awesome and can be again. We were on PINKS for christ sake! Not to mention the winning car to boot! Like I said, pm me if I can help in any way. As for the cruise ins, I plan on making any weekend ones I can. I also plan on loading up the bike and coming down to run with you guys this year, get some quality time in with ya'll at the track...

HARCracing
03-27-2011, 12:48 AM
I like where this is going:bigthumb

Mista Bone
03-27-2011, 01:05 AM
I like where this is going:bigthumb

You mean that warm fuzzy swirled pea feeling?

YEP!

HawksWR37
03-27-2011, 01:29 AM
I know i'm "newish" on here but I would love to get some stuff going. I personally consider SBZ a club rather than just a forum.

69Cobra
03-27-2011, 02:33 AM

Posting on the Board.

No one is perfect.

APOLOGY

Thanks for listening,
Craig Newport

Craig you have a way with words that I wish I had. You hit the nail on the head here. Those of us that remember the way it used to be know that nobody can or will fill Vinny's shoes, but that doesn't mean that we can just drop the ball and turn our backs on what Vinny built here. I'm as guilty as the next guy for the lack of involvement over the last couple years. I agree that this used to be a "brotherhood" and that's the feel that has been lost. I also feel that if there is anybody that can bring that feeling back it is you and the rest of the "old timers" that know how things used to be and can lead by example.

redfirepearlgt
03-27-2011, 03:21 AM
Always happy to hang out or post an invite. Would LOVE to do weeknight things but can never commit due to job schedule. Will be wherever whenever I can weeknight wise however as schdule allows. Weekends count on seeing me somewhere unless a rainout.

Cincy Dyno day is coming up and I will be there. Enjoyed last year very much. Hope we can all show Craig some support here and have a good turnout. The bow tie boys turned out in herds last year. I also belong to the QCM club and I am happy to post any and all mustang events they host/attend and will gladly invite anyone to join those events. You don't have to be a member.

I will be also planning a cruise this summer once we can get some consistant weather. Not a cruise-in but a cruise. Final destination will be Clifty Falls state park in Indiana. Once details are together and the route is solid (not that hard to lay out) I will set and and post it. Bring what you have. IT's not a requiremnent to bring your hotrod. Clifty is a great place to hike and hang out and eat. More later on that.

Last, Christ's Church @ Mason will be doing a car/bike show this year. I am working with them to put on this event. More later on that. No date set yet still in early stages. Could use a good showing. Thanks.

Have a GREAT SPRING BANGERZ SEE YOU ALL VERY SOON!!!!!

1992MustangDW
03-27-2011, 03:24 AM
we should make a sticky of the local hangouts. and of som.e of the dates that we know are happening.

beefcake
03-27-2011, 08:27 AM
great post

69428SCJ
03-27-2011, 04:42 PM
I think I can provide a unique perspective for this one. I've been living out in San Francisco for 2 and a half years now I will share my experiences as examples of what could be done here. When I bought my Cobra, I linked up with the NorCal chapter of the California Mustang Club, www.ca-mustangs.com The site owner organizes a monthly get together and various places around the bay area. We've gone to D&Bs, done dyno days with local shops and last month we went to the Blackhawk Auto Museum www.blackhawkmuseum.org Usually whatever we do or wherever we go involves food at some point during the get together. Also, these G2Gs are posted up well in advance (at least a month or so) so people have time to adjust schedules and whatnot. Now, I realize the weather out here is much better year round than back in Cincy, but these guys bring out their cars in their version of "inclement weather". Just to add perspective...the NorCal (I can't speak for the SoCal chapter) chapter covers an extremely large area, where drives of over an hour for a meet up are not uncommon. In fact, there is one member who drives 3 hours from Fresno to attend G2Gs in San Jose.

Some of the other things they do is offer merchandise, hoodies, shirts, stickers etc...one of the other things they do is when there are car shows, they will go as a group. A meet up point will be designated beforehand and then they roll into the gate together and park next to each other. Much of this is site owner driven. Also, one final thing that they have going is there is more forum participation. I posted a thread here about swapping a GM T-56 and nobody responded. I posted over there and got 4 responses in a couple hours.

I realize different strokes for different folks so what works for the CA mustang guys might not work for SBZ, but I don't think it would hurt to try some of the examples I listed.

85_SS_302_Coupe
03-27-2011, 04:46 PM
I pretty much have no life through the week..i'm either at work or with my kids. I basically have Saturday, and that's only if me and the Mrs. don't have something planned..but i'll try to get out to whatever anyone plans.

HARCracing
03-27-2011, 11:43 PM
You mean that warm fuzzy swirled pea feeling?

YEP!

Yeah, Yeah, thats the feeling :D

9cobra4
03-28-2011, 05:24 AM
Great post Craig...I hope the site goes back to what it used to be, or as close as possible. I will admit I was getting annoyed with everyone bitching about nothing going on, seems like everyone was pointing fingers and not doing anything themselves to help bring this place back. Hopefully with this newfound enthusiasm and inspiration, stuff WILL happen. I honestly miss the Vinny/Metcalf/Mike arguments back in the day, it was good fun, and at the end of the day it was all good and no one was crying about unfair treatment, or about all the "noobs" ruining the place. There's no one to blame but ourselves, nothing is going to happen by sitting back in your chair pointing fingers and bitching about the new guys. I think everyone has realized this now. Good luck guys, I don't really post often on here, but lurk a lot, and have been here for a long time, and I hope I see this place with the "brotherhood/family" feel to it like it did 6 years ago when I joined. Hopefully we can all be proud to be Stangbangerz again!

cobrajoe
03-28-2011, 09:48 AM
From Maximus Post.....

Maybe its time for some of the Newer guys to step up and organize things.

OK.... This WAS tried and what was the result??? Getting basically kicked in the nutz because someone was not considered part of the "GROUP". Newsflash I would venture to say that this certain someone knows the Co-Owner (Holly) of this once wonderful escape longer than anyone on this board.

Posting on the Board.

This was thrown out the window too! It's amazing how soon one forgets!

No one is perfect.

If I remember correctly it was offered up to help out, do some moderating to take some of the burden off the ones that seemed to do it all and it was shot down because they was considered "Newbies" LMAO!

APOLOGY

Thanks for listening,
Craig Newport

Tommy D
03-30-2011, 09:42 AM

As an "old timer" who got out of the game completely after Vinny passed I can say theres no way he would have wanted this site shutdown. Vin would have some minor house cleaning and all would be good once again.

facemelter71
03-30-2011, 09:56 AM
You want help moderating? Sign me up.

2Kblacksleeper
03-30-2011, 10:13 AM
I can help also. I'm usually on here a few times a day at least.

John

bestracing
03-30-2011, 10:47 AM

Posting on the Board.

No one is perfect.

APOLOGY

Thanks for listening,
Craig Newport

Great Post Craig :bigthumb

I really liked coming in here and seeing wht the "Ford" guys were doing and had a good friendly relationship with Vinny. It seems that the boards have grown farther apart and when we scheduled a cruise to WPAFB no one from here showed up. Not bitching about it because we still had some others from other boards show and we got to take a really nice cruise to WPAFB and we gave a good collection of donations to Matt Maupins dad for the Yellow Ribbon Support Center.

I hope you guys get things going this year and I hope to see some of you around :bigthumb