Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
wtb 92 engine harness, injector harness, computer [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : wtb 92 engine harness, injector harness, computer

RACEME
03-18-2011, 02:50 PM
The megasquirt has beat me to the point I may have hurt the motor. It is throwing raw fuel out the exhaust and I can't tune it out of it.

I am going to put a factory computer back in it to see if it will run like that.

Soooo i need an engine harness for a 92 and a computer. I also need the injector harness.

Jeff88coupe
03-18-2011, 04:10 PM
I have the engine and injector harness out of my 88 coupe...it was converted to mass air if your interested in it.

NXcoupe
03-18-2011, 05:04 PM
The megasquirt has beat me to the point I may have hurt the motor. It is throwing raw fuel out the exhaust and I can't tune it out of it.

I am going to put a factory computer back in it to see if it will run like that.

Soooo i need an engine harness for a 92 and a computer. I also need the injector harness.

I have the computer harness and injector harness if you need one. I do not have a computer tho.

Jeff, an 88 won't work in a 92, the injector harness will tho.

Rich
03-18-2011, 05:47 PM
Do you need a 92 or a 92.5/92 harness? There is a difference. The 92.5-92 will have the fuel pump relay in it. On a 92, the FP relay will be under the seat. Ford switched them mid year.

red93svt
03-18-2011, 06:29 PM
i will check what i have here

RACEME
03-18-2011, 06:39 PM
Do you need a 92 or a 92.5/92 harness? There is a difference. The 92.5-92 will have the fuel pump relay in it. On a 92, the FP relay will be under the seat. Ford switched them mid year.

I dont know. I have a stand alone fuel system so I guess I could use either one

RACEME
03-19-2011, 06:52 AM

is there a build date that matters, or do I just look under the drivers seat for the relay?

By the way, Thanks for eveyone's help and input.

Tim

Rich
03-19-2011, 07:43 AM
is there a build date that matters, or do I just look under the drivers seat for the relay?

By the way, Thanks for eveyone's help and input.

Tim

Just look under the drivers seat. If the relay is there, you have an early 92. If the relay is not there, you will need a 92.5-93 harness. Honestly, I'm not sure how a stand alone fuel system would work or if it would make a difference.

RACEME
03-19-2011, 09:48 AM
I have a cartech in-tank pickup with an inline 255 pump us AN lines all the way to the factory fuel rails with adapters. It is all turned on with the key run off the relay board for the megasquirt. I plan to just leave that as I am going to get the adapter for the harness to keep playing with the megasquirt at a later date.

Sooo basically the factory computer will not have any control over the fuel pump.

RACEME
03-23-2011, 06:53 PM
my car does not have a relay under the drivers seat, so I guess that makes it a late 92-93 model

NXcoupe
03-25-2011, 01:31 PM
I have a cartech in-tank pickup with an inline 255 pump us AN lines all the way to the factory fuel rails with adapters. It is all turned on with the key run off the relay board for the megasquirt. I plan to just leave that as I am going to get the adapter for the harness to keep playing with the megasquirt at a later date.

Sooo basically the factory computer will not have any control over the fuel pump.

I gotcha, but the harnesses are different because of the way they are wired up, so if you try to plug a 91 harness into it, things won't match up between the two harnesses. Follow?

RACEME
03-26-2011, 09:28 AM
I want to say Thanks to Mike Bell. He has tried like hell to find me the harness, but does not have one.

Soo, I still need a 92.5-93 Engine harness, injector harness,and engine computer for a stick.

RACEME
03-30-2011, 05:47 AM
I got everything up in Indy last night. I put a wanted ad on craigslist and got all the wiring, computer, intake, injectors, maf, cold air, the whole mess for $250