Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
When is the right time? [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : When is the right time?

89johnny
03-15-2011, 05:28 PM
My eldest daughter Chloes 3rd birthday is friday and my wife is talking about getting her in pre school already. It seems too early to me but i have been described as over protective on multiple occasions. What do you guys think? Is three too early?

adragon72
03-15-2011, 06:00 PM
That's a tuff one is your wife a stay at home mom? If not I would say go for it.
My wife has stayed home with both of my boys the youngest will be five soon.

They are doing just fine both are on par with our friends kids that attended pre school.

We both wanted our kids to experience there first years to the fullest. Pre school is great but kids should be kids for aslong as possible.

Hope that helps lol

inferno50
03-15-2011, 06:21 PM
My son went when he was 4. Any education has to be a good thing

mustangboy
03-15-2011, 06:46 PM
How often will she be going? My kids started at 3 and it was 2 days for like 3hrs. When they were 4 it was 3 days and then on to kindergarten. I didn't think of it as a head start on their education as much as a chance to learn how to act in a structured enviornment with other kids.

Timido
03-15-2011, 06:52 PM
My son started Early learning at 18 months. At his age it is more like structured play, arts and crafts and must be alot of fun. Most the time I have to drag him out of there.

bronzeLX
03-15-2011, 06:54 PM
My grand daughter will be 4 in July, she has been going to preschool for 3 months. She is doing fine, its never really too early to let the children around other children in a school setting, it seems to help with social skills, being around other adults, she has also learned about rules. She has also learned alot about the usual school things like letters, numbers and colors. I dont think it is too early. Good luck.

RIXXX93GT
03-15-2011, 06:54 PM
Kids need to socialize with other kids so that they dont become insecure and withdrawn. If they have plenty of other playmates in the neighborhood that they interact with then maybe she can wait another year. Playing with brothers and sisters is different than a setting with "strangers". They learn allot when they get thrown in the mix.

89johnny
03-15-2011, 09:28 PM
Thanks guys, i can see where it will be beneficial. i just worry too much really, it seems too early to me and im scared cause she doesnt talk very well yet.

RIXXX93GT
03-15-2011, 09:36 PM
Have that discussion with the teachers in the class. They should be able to tell you how she is interacting or if she may be too young yet.

NXcoupe
03-16-2011, 09:41 PM
My eldest daughter Chloes 3rd birthday is friday and my wife is talking about getting her in pre school already. It seems too early to me but i have been described as over protective on multiple occasions. What do you guys think? Is three too early?

You and I have a few parallels, I am very over protective of my daughter, and she went to preschool at 3. She loves it. Being with other little kids is awesome for her. It can get them hurt feelings too, but it's all part of growing up. It's been great. now on to part two.

Thanks guys, i can see where it will be beneficial. i just worry too much really, it seems too early to me and im scared cause she doesnt talk very well yet.

My daughter comes from a bi lingual family, she gets English from me and Russian from her mother. It took her a while to get caught up with the other kids as far as speaking goes. Comprehension was not an issue, she could understand both fluently from a very early age. It was speaking, preschool helped that out a ton! I say a few days a week is great. Kids need to have play time with parents as well. We teach them a lot too. jmho.

Rick93coupe
03-17-2011, 12:12 AM
IMO, you shouldnt rush it. My daughter started early and now I have the youngest kid in 7th grade at 12 yrs old. Most of her peers are 14 and the age difference/maturity level is huge. You may not have thought about it before but you should keep it in mind.

Drivermod
03-17-2011, 06:29 AM
I wouldn't be in a big hurry to get her into a school environment. She's going to have at least 13 years of that regardless. If either you or your wife are at home with her, take the time to teach her the things she would be learning in pre-school. Counting, abc's, reading etc... I have 5 kids, two are in grade school (2nd and 4th grade) and one will be entering kindergarten in August. None of my children have attended preschool and they are all at or above thier grade level academically and socially. It is a great opportunity for YOU guys to strengthen the bond between you and your child. This is mush more important than anything your child would learn in preschool. I for one, am not a big fan of leaving it up to someone else.

RACEME
03-17-2011, 06:36 AM
We started the 2 days a week preschool as soon as they are potty trained. (shortly after they turned 3) At 4 years old they they switch over to the 3 days a week preschool. Each day is only 3 hours for them. We are really lucky as our preschool is almost across the street from our daycare lady. Both our boys are June babies, so we are going to send them to one extra year of preschool so they are more mature when going into regular school. Our 4 year old is plenty smart for kindergarden after he turns 5 this year, but is not quite there on the maturity yet.

Pitbull1052
03-17-2011, 07:35 AM
ours is 4 and preschool is at the elementary school my miss's works and we couldnt be happier she's can just about reading anything she can count to 30 english and spanish and they didnt even teach her the spanish her older sister did. I think as some said it helps them interact with other kids in a structured setting.

CNTLOSE
03-17-2011, 09:54 AM

My son has the same issue, in that his speech has not developed as quick as our daughters. He goes to Head Start which is a pre-school at the actual school. He rides the school bus with kindergarteners to and from school. I felt the same as you, but he loves it. It also has made great improvements in his speech.

My daughters also started preschool at 3, but that was at a local church. You will be surprised how much and how quick they will learn.

89johnny
03-17-2011, 04:57 PM
Yeah ive thought about it for about a week solid now and i think im gonna put her in for two days a week. I think im just being selfish its just that i am constantly worried about both of my girls. Besides my worst fear is them growing up on me too quickly and me feeling like i missed out on it.