Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
Speedometer Recalibration Tool [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Speedometer Recalibration Tool

Pops Fun
02-11-2011, 01:45 PM
Hi
Got tired of not knowing how fast I was going and got a Speed-Dial (Speedometer Recalibration Tool) M-4209ADPT-A It works great!! Had a little trouble setting it but not bad!!

Tko tran, 3.73 gears, bigger 15" tires ... Tried all the tranny gears and gave up.

Now no excuses... I know how fast I am going!!

skeptiq
02-11-2011, 01:47 PM
Cool, I was thinking about picking that up. How was the install? Any issues other than the settings? Did you mount under hood or near trans?

Later.
Ben

Pops Fun
02-11-2011, 02:02 PM
Hi
Pretty easy, four wires on the box, split the + speed wire at the tranny or on the firewall and put 2 of the wires there. The other 2 are key on power and ground.
Wires are a little short, worked for me as I put it under the consule by the shifter and ran the wire down at the shifter boot. The key on was a little problem but we found one.

What threw me was the example in the directions were wrong out of the box.... had a wrong number in the formula. The downloaded directions had the right number so the example worked.. My grandson worked the problem for me, came in and said .917!! My number was .917 so we put that in, reading a little further should have put in 092, rounded..

skeptiq
02-11-2011, 02:16 PM
Cool, where did you pick your up? Cost?

Later.
Ben

Pops Fun
02-11-2011, 02:21 PM
Cool, where did you pick your up? Cost?

Later.
Ben

I think it was $135 with free shipping.. from Blue Oval.
Didn't think about in town... Craig could have gotten it or Green Sales... sometimes I get blinders and go full speed ahead!!

skeptiq
02-11-2011, 02:32 PM
Thanks for the info...

Ben

Goldenpony
02-14-2011, 09:22 PM
Hi Steve,
I used one of those on my '97 GT. Worked very well.

Pops Fun
06-06-2011, 04:49 PM
Cool, I was thinking about picking that up. How was the install? Any issues other than the settings? Did you mount under hood or near trans?

Later.
Ben

I have found a slight problem... When in cruise the speed sensor calibrates the speed and the car surges or drops back because the speed changes. At least that is what I think is happening.