Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
Fox suspension questions. [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Fox suspension questions.

2Kblacksleeper
02-05-2011, 09:44 PM
So I've been picking up parts for my ride. I bought a Flamming river manual rack.

Would it be better to go with standard tie rod ends or a bump steer kit? Which would be more durable? It will be used drag and street.

I'm looking into K-members. Im thinking maybe a Team Z. It will depend on cash flow. What would be the pro and cons of chromoly vs their Metal Matrix one? mild steel and chromoly.

Any other suggestions for a good priced k-member. I will be useing tublar A-arms also.

So then i run into what struts to buy? To go with the coil over set up. Then spring weight?

i just dont know alot about these set ups. Motor will be a iron headed 347, only alternator and waterpump on the front of the motor. Carb for fuel supply.

Thanks for any info.

John

Timido
02-05-2011, 10:38 PM
I have had good luck with PA K members and control arms. I think Strange struts are good for the money. Throw those on with a coil over kit and you should be ready to rock. I know Cincy Speed sell PA suspension and Strange products. Thats where I shop 513-821-2221.

chromoly is lighter and more expensive.

BlazinEagle
02-05-2011, 10:41 PM
I have a PA racing from cincy speed as well and it works great. I bought the one that works with the factory a arms and springs though.

TurboNG
02-06-2011, 02:55 PM
Get the offset rack bushings and use stock tie rod ends...

jad0087
02-06-2011, 03:02 PM
Get the offset rack bushings and use stock tie rod ends...

i have a UPR kmember and a flaming river rack also and my front end sways all over the place when i hit bumps or when im bangin gears, its been aligned and everythings tight and straight, would the offset rack bushings help this?...i was running a bump steer kit and it was real bad so took those off and put on stock tie rod ends

TurboNG
02-06-2011, 04:30 PM
i have a UPR kmember and a flaming river rack also and my front end sways all over the place when i hit bumps or when im bangin gears, its been aligned and everythings tight and straight, would the offset rack bushings help this?...i was running a bump steer kit and it was real bad so took those off and put on stock tie rod ends

Yes the offset bushings will help, but so should have the bumpsteer kit. Mb you should take the car to be aligned by someone who races, i take mine to tachitup motorsports in Huber Heights ohio, We put 200lbs in the driver seat align the car then unload the front suspension as if i was under WOT, check the alignment and adjust it with the front unloaded... Helped my car out 100% car goes straight as an arrow down the track.

2Kblacksleeper
02-06-2011, 04:50 PM
That info helps. I want sure it the stock tie rods ends would holds up better than a bump steer kit where it has helm joints.

outlaw85
02-07-2011, 04:42 PM
Bump Steer Kit - YES
K-Member - I have C-Moly Racecraft but unless your worried about a little extra weight any aftermarket one is fine for street strip duty! We have used about every brand out there they all have there little issues but all have worked out.
For a budget Qa1 sells the entire front end kit for 599.99 with free shipping.
79-93 MUSTANG QA 1 TUBULAR K MEMBER SUSPENSION KIT
Item Title: 1979-1993 Mustang QA-1 K MEMBER KIT
Part Number: 2005-QA-79
MFG Retail: $699.95 Our Price: $599.95 You Save: ( $100.00 ) S&H: FREE!
Product Description:
- Includes QA1 K-Member, QA 1 Tubular A-arms, Genuine UPR Coil Over Kit & Springs

Strange struts in the front and shocks in the rear are hard to beat for the price imo.

Iron headed 347 I would go with a 150# 14" coil over spring. 130# with aluminum heads

2Kblacksleeper
02-07-2011, 07:58 PM
Thanks Outlaw.