Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
Anyone else have a buck stove insert? [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else have a buck stove insert?

Rick93coupe
02-03-2011, 08:57 PM
My new house has a buck stove insert in the fireplace and I lit it yesterday for the first time. It's got a blower motor built in that blows continuously if the stove is above 115 degrees but I'm not sure it'll heat the whole house. I just wanted to see what your guys experience is with them and how your using yours. Thanks.

Rich
02-04-2011, 10:36 AM
Rick,

I have an uncle that uses his all the time. He said he turns the blower on the house heating/air unit and lets it circulate the air. He said it's still warmer closer to the buck stove but it does help.

ffmueller81
02-04-2011, 12:09 PM
I have a fireplace insert... although mine is an Aurora brand that has a blower that I can manually control.

It easily heats my house. (1600 sq. ft. ranch)
I actually don't start fires unless it is under 20 deg outside because it will run me out of the house with how much heat it puts off...

the living room is where the stove is and stays about 85 deg.
the bedrooms are on the other side of the house and stay about 65 deg.
So long as I am there to keep the fire going the heat pump will not kick on at all in single digit weather...

I would say that as long as your insert was properly sized for the square footage of your home, it should easily heat your house...
just make sure to clean that flue every year because fires that hot will dirty up a chimney quick...

rpppaprp
02-04-2011, 07:48 PM
i have a nice buck stove if anyone interested in buying one.

Rick93coupe
02-04-2011, 08:44 PM
Thanks for the info guys, I'm in the process of looking for firewood now. Being my first year here and moving late in the year, I just wasn't prepared to do any burning.

Rpppaprp, is it a free standing unit or an insert?

03z06vette
02-04-2011, 09:12 PM
i have a nice buck stove if anyone interested in buying one.

is it a stove of insert?

rpppaprp
02-04-2011, 10:33 PM
It is freestanding now but someone told me it could be used as an insert also. ??? I dont know much about them. We used it for 2 winters and it worked really well.

redfirepearlgt
02-04-2011, 11:06 PM
my parents had one in the house in the early 80's when I was growing up and kept it through late 90's. It heated a two story cape code (1800 ft) plus finished basement with very little assistance from the main furnace. Dad reworked the unit so that the hot air was pulled from the back of the unit and forced into the house via the main furnace duct. You can't kill those Buck Stoves.