Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
Paul's Automotive Eng-Tuning [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Paul's Automotive Eng-Tuning

fastford331
02-02-2011, 01:44 PM
Hello,

I was looking to get my R331 with YS and Fast Classic Bank to Bank tuned by Mike Wilson at Pauls'. Has anybody used them in the last year and how was their work? I am really nervous when it come to choosing a tuner. Any help and feedback would be great. $100.00 an hour with not good results is a budget killer! The last time they tuned my car it was about half way tuned after 3 hours. That was back in 04 and possible worn value springs?:bigthumb

Thanks!

Whyucryn
02-02-2011, 03:41 PM
Check out S&M motorsports. They're great guys to deal with and very reasonable. Their link is in my Sig.

orangeconv
02-02-2011, 03:53 PM
Yea id go w s&m

Gearhead
02-02-2011, 03:54 PM
Check out S&M motorsports. They're great guys to deal with and very reasonable. Their link is in my Sig.

They have a dyno ?

redfirepearlgt
02-02-2011, 04:04 PM
Don't know much about Paul's anymore. Haven't heard much noise from the Montgomery area where he is located. You know how the old rumor mill is. Used him in the past with success but it has been more than a year passed. Is he still in business?

Lots of opinion on this subject. Paul's was good to me. However due to my schedule, MD became my choice because of their better hours and did well for me also. MD has done three tunes for me on three different vehicles and all have performed well. Once I decided to go F/I and chose to go with with a Saleen S/C setup, Brenspeed became my choice because they are auth. distibutors for Saleen and specialize more on the S197 mustang and newer models.

I am sure that you will hear good and bad about all of the local tuners at one point or another. It's tough to say, and yes I know how you feel. Seems like there's more opinion and debate on this subject than there is in the US Congress. LOL!!

Good luck.

orangeconv
02-02-2011, 04:05 PM
yea s&m has a dyno

Chris Lazzo
02-02-2011, 04:20 PM
Mike use to tune @ Modular Depot. He went back to work at Pauls. He knows his stuff and that should be a pretty simple tune for him maybe a hour or two tops. He won't rake you over the coals he's a good guy. He tunes Zack Posie NMRA cars. He also tuned my Big Stuff 3 ProCharged T-bird a few years back.

There are alot of good things said about them just google them here is one http://forums.corral.net/forums/showthread.php?t=171390

Chris

fastford331
02-02-2011, 04:42 PM
yea s&m has a dyno

Thanks, that is a little ways for Cincinnati, OH, LOL

fastford331
02-02-2011, 04:44 PM
Thanks for taking the time to write this. I see that you had service a year or so ago? The corral link was in 2002. I hope they are still up to snuff.

Thanks!

Whyucryn
02-02-2011, 04:49 PM
S&M isn't that far from Cincy. Sometimes a little further drive is worth it. Good luck!!

facemelter71
02-02-2011, 04:54 PM
S&M For the win.
Speaking of them,I need to stop down there.

fastford331
02-02-2011, 04:59 PM
Thanks for taking the time to write this, did you use 95 and new ECM's?

Thanks

fastford331
02-02-2011, 05:01 PM
What state is S&M in? New York, do you have the web site address?

Thansk!

orangeconv
02-02-2011, 05:05 PM
Ross ohio by hamilton

Whyucryn
02-02-2011, 05:14 PM
What state is S&M in? New York, do you have the web site address?

Thansk!

They're in Ohio. Just a little north of Cincy. Give them (Adam) a call ...513-236-2355

Rick93coupe
02-02-2011, 09:12 PM
I've never heard of that shop, are they new?

Rick93coupe
02-02-2011, 09:13 PM
Speaking of S&M.

dsmawd350
02-02-2011, 09:16 PM
it's Adam Maurer from cincy speeds new shop.

Rick93coupe
02-02-2011, 09:28 PM
ahh, ok.

fastford331
02-03-2011, 09:07 AM
Thanks for the S&M number.

fastford331
02-03-2011, 09:13 AM
Anyone have a Fast, Big Stuff or Accel sytem tuned from S&M or Dave from Modular Depot?

fasthawk
02-04-2011, 07:34 AM
Was just at pauls the other day and yes mike works there. Paul just installed a new dyno last year. They are building a new motor for the street car shoot outs winner.

fastford331
02-04-2011, 09:32 AM
After doing some research and speaking with Adam at S&M I have choosen to go with S&M. Adam was great to speak with and impressed me with his knowledge. Hope to give some feedback after the 3/11/11 tuning.

Thanks everyone for their help.

Yes Pauls's is open and has a new dyno. Stopped over there in 12/10 and spoke with Paul and Mike, they have the lowest rate of 100 per hour for tune and dyno time. That is the lowest I have found. Everyone local went from 100-150 per hour.

boostanggt
02-04-2011, 12:31 PM
Just remember, cheaper isn't always better.

Adam@S&MMotorsports
02-04-2011, 05:17 PM
After doing some research and speaking with Adam at S&M I have choosen to go with S&M. Adam was great to speak with and impressed me with his knowledge. Hope to give some feedback after the 3/11/11 tuning.

Thanks everyone for their help.

Yes Pauls's is open and has a new dyno. Stopped over there in 12/10 and spoke with Paul and Mike, they have the lowest rate of 100 per hour for tune and dyno time. That is the lowest I have found. Everyone local went from 100-150 per hour.

I'm glad I was able to help you out with you decision. But damn who is $150? I need to raise my rates from $125 :lol:

fastford331
02-06-2011, 08:30 PM
Adam, thanks for taking the time to assure me you will take your time and explaining what you do. No more WOT tuning! I am tired of that, can't wait to make the old horse sing. MD is 150 and I am not sure about Cincy Speed but they seem nice.

gbrown8439
02-07-2011, 07:19 AM
Actually we are $140hr.
Not a big difference but every little bit helps. :D

Rob
02-07-2011, 12:17 PM
Mike is very thorough. From drivability to WOT. He drives every car, weather permitting, to ensure smooth drivibility. Plus i think hes the only certified "Advanced" SCT tuner in the area.

plated
02-10-2011, 12:25 PM
well i spent 650 at pauls to tune my car,after it blowing up 5 min after i left his shop becouse the CHIP WAS NEVER INSTALLED IN MY CAR AND THEY SENT ME DRIVING OUT OF THERE SHOP WITH MY TUNED CHIP I JUST PAYED 650 FOR THEM TO DO AND NEVER EVEN INSTALLED IT IN MY CAR(THEY FORGOT and left it on the table) THANKS PAUL IF YOU EVER WANT TO MAKE THIS RIGHT SHOOT ME A PM I'D LOVE TO HAVE MY MONEY BACK,NEDDLESS TO SAY AFTER I GOT THE TUNED CHIP(and a new motor) I PUT IT IN THE CAR AND IT RAN LIKE DOG SHIT,HAD TO HAVE KEN RETUNE THE CAR FOR $100 ,my true life experience with the place

fastford331
02-11-2011, 09:00 AM
Wow, I am very sorry to hear your motor go hurt. When was this done? What did they say after you called back and found the chip on their bench? Did they try and make it right?

plated
02-11-2011, 09:40 AM
Wow, I am very sorry to hear your motor go hurt. When was this done? What did they say after you called back and found the chip on their bench? Did they try and make it right?well this is exactly how it went down,i called pauls set up an appointment(like anyone else),bought a chip from pauls,mike tuned it on a sat morning,i drove the car there got the tune,rolled out got on the highway rolled into it 1 time it nuked a piston and valve blah blah,so i get the car towed home,drive right back down to pauls after calling him,he put it all on mike the tuner to deal with,actually i never even got to talk to paul,mike apologized and told me he left my chip pluged in on the desk and forgot to install it in my car,this was about 3 yrs ago,i was straight burnt,and hopefully paul reads this post and makes it right,not badmouthing the guy's but to me they were in the wrong and should have tooken care of it? how would you feel it? like i said after i got it put back together in pinged and detonated so bad with the chip they tuned for it,i had kenb retune the car in 45 min it made 540/611 and was my daily driver for 3 yrs after that

fastford331
02-11-2011, 10:21 AM
Wow that is scary. I am sure glad I am going to have Adam tune my ride. If this happened to me we would be in court. That is too expensive of a mistake for me to swallow. That is why I go to a tuner and do not try and tune myself, I want professional work that is what we pay for.

fastford331
02-11-2011, 10:25 AM
I had a chance to stop by and meet Adam at SandM Motorsports. He took the time to meet me and chat about my tune and etc. He seems to be very meticulous and considerate. He even let me borrow a tool and I had never met him before! Now that is a nice shop, havent' seen this type of help before. His shop and tools are top notch. He also appears to do wonderful fabrication and engine work. This is a true one stop shop. I think this place will become very popular in the future years.

plated
02-11-2011, 10:29 AM
I had a chance to stop by and meet Adam at SandM Motorsports. He took the time to meet me and chat about my tune and etc. He seems to be very meticulous and considerate. He even let me borrow a tool and I had never met him before! Now that is a nice shop, havent' seen this type of help before. His shop and tools are top notch. He also appears to do wonderful fabrication and engine work. This is a true one stop shop. I think this place will become very popular in the future years.

adam tuned the car i have now;)

JROUTLAW331
02-14-2011, 05:21 AM
Pauls Automotive can suck my dick!!!!!......I had a similar bad experience years ago when I moved back from texas...Called to have a cage welded in my old grey coupe(keep in mind I provided the cage and I gutted the complete interior...All he had to do was weld it in)...So Paul gave me a price and told me it would take a few days.
Well 2 weeks later it was still not done......Finally he got it done and when I showed up to get it 2 of the bars were laying on the floor not even installed and get this!!!!...the price almost doubled from what he originally quoted me.
Needless to say I lost my fucking mind and after a few minutes of me chewing his pussy ass and few of his little shop boyz... he refused any form of payment from me except cash and he blocked my car in his bay like a little coward. So I had to get a ride to bank for cash so I could get my car back and when I returned to his shop he had called the blue ash p.d and there was like 4 cop cars there telling me to calm down....Thats a negative on calming down at that point so after a few more minutes of ass chewing I paid him(then he told police to make me stand outside) and his little shop boys opened the bay door and pushed my car out and shut door.

Paul it a total fuck and its so funny cause while I was chewing his ass I rememmber him saying to me that he just wished that all us drag racing punks would just take our cars somewhere else so he could work on his autocross customers cars....How times have changed ah Paul....But your still a fuck.
I wouldnt take a grocery cart to him!!!!!!!!!

fastford331
02-15-2011, 08:58 AM
Damn, I guess Paul and you won't be grabbing a beer anytime soon. He charged me 2k to make a blower belt stay on my old P600 Procharger. As I was driving the car home from his shop it blew off and damn near hit a pedistrian. He didn't seem to care it was right. Ohh well, life goes on and I moved on. Now I do ALL MY OWN WORK besides tuning. Glad Pual's pissed me off enough to learn a new trade! Good motoring, what is your combo?

cstreu1026
02-15-2011, 10:38 AM
Paul it a total fuck and its so funny cause while I was chewing his ass I rememmber him saying to me that he just wished that all us drag racing punks would just take our cars somewhere else so he could work on his autocross customers cars....How times have changed ah Paul....But your still a fuck.

It's that kind of attitude that kept me from ever doing business with him.

PKFIRE
02-15-2011, 01:36 PM
Adam is great guy to work with and very understanding with what you are trying to accomplish. He has been very helpful and informative. He tuned my 03 Cobra to 501whp SAE and 516whp STD with a ported upper only M112 blower and has continued to help work with me on my throttle body issue. :bigthumb

5.0calypso93lx
02-15-2011, 01:44 PM
Was just at pauls the other day and yes mike works there. Paul just installed a new dyno last year. They are building a new motor for the street car shoot outs winner.

Whoa, I missed this! Details???

flyin2jz
02-15-2011, 04:12 PM
I've never met the guys at pauls but I really hate them bad. He needs beat the fuck down. People learn quick with an ass whipping.

fasthawk
02-15-2011, 05:16 PM
Whoa, I missed this! Details???

What, a guy can't do little rebuild and a possiable update.

JROUTLAW331
02-15-2011, 06:09 PM
What, a guy can't do little rebuild and a possiable update.
Wont be enough!:flipoff:

fasthawk
02-15-2011, 06:17 PM
I think i have heard that before from someone , matter of fact i think there may be a video floating around here.

JROUTLAW331
02-15-2011, 08:55 PM
I think i have heard that before from someone , matter of fact i think there may be a video floating around here.
Tell Shawn I want him on cross county...(old school)..That way when his azz gets handed to him he wont have far to carry it to get home.:lol:

fasthawk
02-16-2011, 04:37 AM
Tell Shawn I want him on cross county...(old school)..That way when his azz gets handed to him he wont have far to carry it to get home.:lol:

I dont think either one of you have the balls to hang them out up there , i know i would not. But don't get me wrong i would be there to watch . Do you me to bring the for sale sign like last time .

facemelter71
02-16-2011, 09:24 AM

The way you worded this,you made it seem like the winner of the SCS will get a new motor.Thats what Calypso was confused about.

JROUTLAW331
02-16-2011, 08:37 PM
The way you worded this,you made it seem like the winner of the SCS will get a new motor.Thats what Calypso was confused about.

No..... Paul would NEVER get involved in sumpthin cool like that... Shawn(the guy that won the shootout lastyear)is getting his new motor done there.