Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
Want to go wide open ?? [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Want to go wide open ??

Buckeye
01-31-2011, 11:00 PM
REPOSTED FROM ANOUTHER SITE
posted here becouse was unsure were to post and this is were the fast car are....
"For those of you who are just hearing about this, there has been an ongoing effort to establish a standing-mile race in Wilmington, Ohio. Street and race vehicles of all types (motorcycles and cars) get a full mile to see how fast they can go. It's not unusual to see cars and motorcycles going well in excess of 200 mph during an event.
The WWW.WILMINGTONMILE.COM website is now in existence. It was originally used for an audio/video presentation to city officials and Port Authority members in Wilmington and Clinton County, Ohio. Those officials are now contemplating the pros and cons of an event in their town. WWW.WILMINGTONMILE.COM now has a place for you to make comments and get on our email list. I'd like to see comments from probable attendees, something about you and the people who would attend the event with you. I'd also like to see why you would like to see this event occur. No personal information will be seen or used by other parties, this is just for Wilmington officials and us.
WWW.WILMINGTONMILE.COM will eventually be a forum for discussing all aspects of a possible race in Wilmington, Ohio.
A RACE HAS NOT BEEN CONFIRMED. This is simply a method by which we can gain some detailed information about possible participants and spectators. Let's take this opportunity to show the foilks in Wilmington that The Wilmington Mile will be fruitful for everyone involved!
Thank you in advance and feel free to post this in whichever forums you choose"

draggin50
02-01-2011, 01:19 AM
All I got was the main page for submitting comments.

I work there at the airpark and I heard a year or so about something like this but it was shot down pretty quick. Not sure if its going to make it this time or not and havent heard any new rumors about it. There is one unused runway but you never know... It is a ghost town out there now!

Kevin1989
02-01-2011, 01:22 AM
^^^ over 1000 hp+ huge gear= really fast. DO IT!!!!!!!!

Mista Bone
02-01-2011, 01:27 AM
I just wanna autox there.

The RE of CincySCCA has already been looking into it for a CenDiv.

draggin50
02-01-2011, 01:40 AM
I just wanna autox there.

The RE of CincySCCA has already been looking into it for a CenDiv.

That may have been what was turned down before... I cant remember right off.

nsaniti
02-01-2011, 01:51 AM
ahah we do a late night unofficial 'AZ mile' out here.. its good times, would be awesome to have an official legal version.

1987coupe
02-01-2011, 08:16 AM
id say that if they used that unused runway for a drag strip there could be a lot of money to be made . If it is smooth enough to run 300+ with out flying in a car then they could have another (norwalk) where the big dogs could even race. I think it would be a great idea to have a local thrack around here.

nsaniti
02-01-2011, 11:59 AM
id say that if they used that unused runway for a drag strip there could be a lot of money to be made . If it is smooth enough to run 300+ with out flying in a car then they could have another (norwalk) where the big dogs could even race. I think it would be a great idea to have a local thrack around here.

considering the texas mile record is 246 or so I doubt anyone will be showing up to ohio running 300+ .. other than that I agree, sounds like it could bring in a lot of revenue. I wouldnt count on it being anytime soon, as I believe nobody even has permission to be on the lot as of right now?

draggin50
02-02-2011, 10:23 PM
Well still use all the hangars and we have 1 active runway. Its still pretty dead though and the other runway has grass growing up through it.

85_SS_302_Coupe
02-03-2011, 04:45 AM
It'll be a shame if this gets shot down...with it being such a ghost town up there. Anything that brings in money should be considered. Take the proper safety precautions, and let people do their thing.

WHYTRY
02-03-2011, 05:26 AM
^^^ over 1000 hp+ huge gear= really fast. DO IT!!!!!!!!

huge gear runnin a mile? lol might wanna re think that