PDA

View Full Version : OSVT Charity Event

04Venom
01-30-2011, 06:47 PM
Hey guys, we'd like to invite you up for a Charity Event. The flyer is below!

http://i327.photobucket.com/albums/k459/Darnley_Etienne/CharityCarShow-1.jpg

Our 2nd show will be at Mid-Ohio during the Ford Racing Mustang Challenge!

:cool1:

INSANEBA
01-31-2011, 09:36 AM
Whats the word on the mustang challenge at Mid Ohio? I'd like to go to that! I go every year for the Superbike weekend, this gives me a reason to cruise up in the car!

04Venom
02-06-2011, 04:24 PM
Whats the word on the mustang challenge at Mid Ohio? I'd like to go to that! I go every year for the Superbike weekend, this gives me a reason to cruise up in the car!

Hello INSANEBA, the Mustang Challenge is now defunct. However, the racers have been absorbed into the Grand-AM event. So nothing has really changed except the name. Our club will now have 'Annual Car Shows' at Mid-Ohio. I'll post details soon, but the 2nd Ohio SVT car show will be at Mid-Ohio during the Grand-AM event (Saturday September17th). I should have a flyer in a few more weeks.

04Venom
05-04-2011, 09:17 PM
Here's the latest flyer guys!

http://i1128.photobucket.com/albums/m489/stangsgonewild/CarShowFlyer.jpg

04Venom
06-04-2011, 08:26 PM
Hey guys, here's a list of vendors (local and national) that are donating gift/prizes at the show! Just want to make you aware. Hope to see you in two weeks! You can find more details on OSVT Mustang Club home page.

Mid-Ohio
Massive Speed Systems
Street Side Auto
Thrill-Ride Unlimited
Pickups Plus Cars
UPR
Torqued Racing Solutions
Advance Auto
AutoZone
Spec Clutch

04Venom
06-12-2011, 09:21 AM
I'd also like to add that if you enter your car in the show, Germain Ford is going to give you a FREE Oil Change in addition to a 'SCRATCH & SAVE' coupon. A copy of the coupon will be posted on the home page shortly!

Also, it looks like the weather is going to HOLD for next weekend. I'd like to mention to everyone that Mitchell Gadd (some of you may of heard the name before, I haven't) is the general manager out at Germain. He is the former VP of Ford Racing and of Saleen Inc. So we have some pretty good support behind us for this show and future annual shows at Germain!!

04Venom
06-19-2011, 11:01 AM
Hey guys, I’d like to thank you all for coming out to the show yesterday! Some of you traveled from Michigan and Kentucky and as a result, I’ll have something special sent out to you.
Although not publicly announced up front, the RAIN date is scheduled for July 16th @ Germain.

You paid your $5.00 fee, so come back out and claim your trophy, and or great prize. We still have stuff that I am obligated to give away from some of the sponsoring vendors.

We have a $150.00 gift certificate from Spec Clutch which is good on any clutch/flywheel, two $25.00 UPR gift certificates, two free Dyno sessions consisting of 3 Basic Dyno pulls from Pickups Plus Cars, a basic dyno pull session from Thrill Ride-Unlimited, a Ford Focus tower brace AND rear lower control arms for 99-04 Mustangs from Massive Speed Systems, FREE Oil change coupon from Germain Ford, SVTOA memorabilia, and more. Last but not least, we still have these gigantic trophies to award to the winners of each class! We also have 'Best of Show' award where the winner will win the Grand Trophy in addition to two tickets to the EMCO Gears Classic Presented by KeyBank (Ford Racing Mustang Challenge) on September 16th - 18th.

We were on the verge of running out of space in spite of the weather conditions yesterday, and Germain is going to clear out the whole front yard on the 16th. This would provide better grouping for the Focuses, Contour’s, Lightning’s, Mustangs, and Raptors to make judging much easier. Our show is the weekend after the Arthritis Foundation Show in Dublin.

Hope to see you again on the 16th of July!!!

04Venom
07-14-2011, 01:03 PM
I’d like to throw some contingency in to the mix. Most of our local weather stations (2 in particular) are calling for a 20% chance of rain. As of now, we are a ‘go’. However, PLEASE check the URL below by 3PM on Friday.

There will be a definite GO/NO-GO decision as early as 9AM and as late as 3PM on Friday. Hopefully the weather will hold as I want to get this show out of the way so I can focus on the super big event this fall @ Mid-Ohio.

If anyone has any questions, comments, or concerns please feel free to send an email to: webmaster@ohiosvt.com

Check the site:

WWW.OHIOSVT.COM

04Venom
07-16-2011, 08:28 PM
I'd like to say big thanks to everyone for coming out to the show this morning to support the SVT Club of Central Ohio. Between both days (the June 18th rain day and today) we had a total of 56 vehicles show up. Not bad for the second show. I'd like to say thanks to Mitchell Gadd and Bill Adkins at Germain Ford as they’ve given us a venue for the show and I'm committed to making the next show a bigger success.

A little on Mitchell; he' s a former VP at Saleen and Ford Racing and Bill Adkins is the Sales Manager at Germain Ford. I'd like to say thanks to Brady at Pickups Plus Cars; Brady donated vouchers for dyno pull sessions and they were much appreciated. I'd also like to say, thanks to Paul at Thrill Ride Unlimited; Paul also donated a dyno pull session as well. Last but not least, AutoZone, Advance Auto Parts, and Torqued Racing Solutions for donating door prizes for the event.

We had 2 Ford Pantera's, a Ford Falcon, a GT500KR, a 2012 Stage 3 Roush Mustang (Best of Show), and a Boss 302 appear at the show. It was a complete blast, and I'm glad to of met all of you!! We will have our 3rd annual event @ Germain Ford next year, but it will return as a SVT & All Ford Show.

I'd like to bring the Taurus SHO crowd to the table with alot of other vehicles. We'll have more memorabilia for the SVT crowd, more for the Pantera crowd, Ford GT, Ford Falcon guys, Mustang brethren, etc! The next show will be huge if we don't run into rain :)

If I had to critique our event, I’d say we have to improve on our judging a little. This will be a major area of focus going into the 3rd event. If anyone has any feedback, comments, or concerns please send me a email @ webmaster@ohiosvt.com

Again, thanks to the guys down in Cincinatti for coming out and making this show a success!

Regards,

Dee