Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
The salt belt and you! Brake lines, preventative maintenance. [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : The salt belt and you! Brake lines, preventative maintenance.

Dirtyd0g
01-29-2011, 08:43 PM
Vehicle 97 mercury cougar, as far as I know this car has always been in the cincinnati area. My buddy Chris just purchased it and it needed rear brakes. The brake lines scared us so we are doing a set of budget brake lines in it. The rear bleeder were already broken off however I did manage to get them out and install new bleeders.
I'll let the pictures do the talking, the line we are using on this came from advance auto parts and is called "poly armour". The protector used on it is a stainless steel spring I purchased from Mcmaster.com. I have since started using the brake quip stuff however I wanted to use this up and this was the perfect budget job to do it on. Next vehicle I will be doing is my 95 and I will do it with alloy line from brake quip, for a extended service life. I expect this line to last about 20 years, the alloy will virtually last forever.
The tool I am flaring with is a mastercool unit.
More.....

Dirtyd0g
01-29-2011, 08:44 PM
More pictures

Dirtyd0g
01-29-2011, 08:53 PM
more pictures

Mista Bone
01-29-2011, 09:02 PM
must be a Ford thing :)

Their trucks are REALLY bad for this.

Dirtyd0g
01-29-2011, 09:03 PM
I don't know about that, I have replaced brake lines on everythign you can imagine, I did a bravada last week, and a jeep the week before. It is a salt belt thing. I have a texas car that the lines look like brand new. It is a cincinnati thing. The worst car I remember doing was an intredpid.
Alan