Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
2012 Boss 302 Laguna Sega 1 of 1 in grabber blue sells on Barrett Jackson [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : 2012 Boss 302 Laguna Sega 1 of 1 in grabber blue sells on Barrett Jackson

djom1cincy
01-23-2011, 03:30 PM
For $450,000!!!!

The new boss is so awesome. Ford truly went all out when making this. Specifically to be sold at Barrett Jackson, Ford made this one of a kind grabber blue Boss. The profits of this car went to charity for some children's disease. Some lucky person owns this car now. I now hate that person.

http://www.barrett-jackson.com/application/onlinesubmission/lotdetails.aspx?aid=403&ln=1296&pop=0&it=1

http://www.autoblog.com/2011/01/22/barrett-jackson-2011-grab-your-wallet-for-a-grabber-blue-boss-3/

nsaniti
01-23-2011, 03:38 PM
My buddy saw this and went to the dealership to put a diposit on one, they sold the entire production the first day they were released.

Gearhead
01-23-2011, 08:39 PM
My buddy saw this and went to the dealership to put a diposit on one, they sold the entire production the first day they were released.

eh, that's not quite true...the entire production run has probably all been allocated to dealers but not all of them are sold...

Good luck getting one at sticker though, most dealers are marking them up at least 5-10k over.

nsaniti
01-23-2011, 08:46 PM
eh, that's not quite true...the entire production run has probably all been allocated to dealers but not all of them are sold...

Good luck getting one at sticker though, most dealers are marking them up at least 5-10k over.

if you say so, pretty sure we were at the dealer yesterday trying to buy one and there was only one boss left in the entire country, but that wasnt a leguna seca model. literally had the cash to put a deposit on one. I sincerely doubt theyd lie and turn away potential business.

BigBadStang
01-23-2011, 09:16 PM
Did anyone happen to see what the white 69 Boss 429 sold for? It was supposed to go up for bid at 9pm last night. I had to leave and missed it.

beefcake
01-23-2011, 09:27 PM
we've got a regular one on order. No laguna secs that i know of.

the boss isn't sold yet if anyone's looking , lemme know

nsaniti
01-23-2011, 09:30 PM
Did anyone happen to see what the white 69 Boss 429 sold for? It was supposed to go up for bid at 9pm last night. I had to leave and missed it.

I didnt go last night, had VIP tix for friday, but regular entry was 55$ and I couldnt justify paying when I went for free the night before.

Gearhead
01-23-2011, 10:19 PM
if you say so, pretty sure we were at the dealer yesterday trying to buy one and there was only one boss left in the entire country, but that wasnt a leguna seca model. literally had the cash to put a deposit on one. I sincerely doubt theyd lie and turn away potential business.

They haven't even started building them yet. Supposed to start by end of this month. One of the parts suppliers is way behind and they pushed back production by about a month. There are quite a few still available if you're looking for one...
I'd imagine all the Laguna Seca models are probably sold though.

Pitbull1052
01-24-2011, 08:21 AM
They had a special on Speed I think......... showed everything about the car on the track puttn a hurtn on an M3 which was goal with the Boss.... it was pretty neat

BigBadStang
01-24-2011, 09:34 AM
Hell, the 2011 GT barely lost to the M3 on a road course back in October.
GT vs. M3 (http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/coupes/1010_2011_2011_ford_mustang_gt_vs_2011_bmw_m3_comp arison/index.html)

djom1cincy
01-24-2011, 09:41 AM
They had a special on Speed I think......... showed everything about the car on the track puttn a hurtn on an M3 which was goal with the Boss.... it was pretty neat
I saw the same show. It was bad ass.

nsaniti
01-24-2011, 09:43 AM
They haven't even started building them yet. Supposed to start by end of this month. One of the parts suppliers is way behind and they pushed back production by about a month. There are quite a few still available if you're looking for one...
I'd imagine all the Laguna Seca models are probably sold though.

I did say we were trying to put a deposit on the leguna seca models lol...

04 Venom
01-24-2011, 09:51 AM
Hell, the 2011 GT barely lost to the M3 on a road course back in October.
GT vs. M3 (http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/coupes/1010_2011_2011_ford_mustang_gt_vs_2011_bmw_m3_comp arison/index.html)

Which suggests the Laguna Seca edition would humble the M3. :D

BigBadStang
01-24-2011, 10:04 AM
Which suggests the Laguna Seca edition would humble the M3. :D

And then some!

04 Venom
01-25-2011, 10:12 AM
I also like the concept of two ignition keys; one for the normal tune and the other for a more aggressive performance tune. Brilliant idea, Ford. :bigthumb

COOP
01-25-2011, 12:26 PM
I also like the concept of two ignition keys; one for the normal tune and the other for a more aggressive performance tune. Brilliant idea, Ford. :bigthumb

I think gm did the same thing or atleast something very similar on the c4 zr1

Black Horse
01-25-2011, 12:39 PM
The Boss R (Laguna Seca Edition) during one of the first test sessions on the old LS track absolutely outperformed the M3 right out of the box (this is with the first LS test mule without any tweaks to the suspension and a very mild tune - all in development mode). Scott Maxwell and (I think) Rusty Wallace were helping getting the car set-up and were turning very respectable lap times. Ford invited Parnelli Jones to be part of the test session (with his long history of the Boss and with Leguna Seca) - he got in the car and immediately dropped over a second of the best lap time of the day!

A buddy of mine is on the list to get one, I'll give you a full report once he gives me a chance to track it! Over 1g cornering in a Mustang - too damn cool!

04 Venom
01-26-2011, 02:48 PM
I'd love to own one.

Pitbull1052
01-26-2011, 02:57 PM
I saw the same show. It was bad ass.

Cant believe me and you were the only one's to see this one lol but yup it was bad ass.... not sure which color I like best mabye the silver like your car with the red striping and what not.... that black and red/orange is sharp just not sure I could rock it every day

04 Venom
01-26-2011, 04:46 PM
Cant believe me and you were the only one's to see this one lol but yup it was bad ass.... not sure which color I like best mabye the silver like your car with the red striping and what not.... that black and red/orange is sharp just not sure I could rock it every day

Frankly, I think they overdid it with the stripes. Less is more in some situations.